Thread: crossdressers clothing

bobbie sue

crossdressers clothing

Why in all the ads on crossderssers clothing are their are real grils that modle them.Should it not be us so that we can realy see what an item realy looks like. Is it no crossdresser moldes out there.

They could easily find CD's to model the clothes. But from a marketing and sales standpoint, the good looking and sexy GG's heighten the fantasy element for men buying woman's clothes. Why not have male models around cars at car shows? Sex sells. Buying from a CD specific store, on line or in person, will usually cost you much more than just buying from regular stores. Learn your sizes, learn how to shop as a guy or woman and use whatever dressing room feels best for you. You will get clothes that fit and that you will at least have an idea while in the store if they will flatter your body, complexion and face.

I am sure that there are many CD models out there but advertisers like to play on what you would like in life and not how life really is , they know that you would really like to look like a real woman so they are saying " wear this and you will look like this " that's why they have celebrities modeling things because people think they will look like them if they wear the same item .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

How else can they get us to buy? They use models who have a small waist and nice hips and breasts so how best to sucker us in. Corset modelling is the best for me as they always show tight skinned models and do not show those with flabby underarms or bellys. I have to giggle when the model is wearing lingerie, it is difficult for a well toned male to hide that lat spread, narrow waist AND hips in flimsy lingerie. Ok, enough but if one looks through a number of crossdresser sites there are some very good CD models and they bring positive attitude to us to enjoy what we love. Sure they may have naturally more female bodies or even male for FtM CD but they do better represent what the majority of us want in an advert, more fact than ficticious rot. Suddenly Fem uses a good MtF CD to model clothes, wigs etc and gives you a better idea as to what the outfit will look like worn.

Gold Member
    Ah, but are you sure they are not CDs? One of our members here is an excellent looking model.

Well there are but most are just modest.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Silver Member
    Yes. I am sure. They are not CD models.

S

I'm sure there are a lot of CD models out there. There are at least ten CD's right here that I can think of right off the top of my head that are more passable than a GG. There is also a preop transgendered super model from Brazil right now modeling for Victoria Secreat. Then there is an other preop transgender from Argentina modeling for one of the big swimsuit companies (I think Venus).

Silver Member
    And you think these girls are modeling for your local CD threads store?

I doubt it. I have seen those models and they are women, period.

S

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    Models sell the clothes, It makes you imagine how you could look like if you were a model!

One word: Tiffany Amber Rhodes!

Because they do The Same Thing to Women! You'll have to tell me anytime that you have EVER seen an "average-looking" woman modeling clothing? If one is older than twenty-three, "dumpy," too small, too tall, anything less than idealized Perfect, "your not going to get to model clothing." Subliminally, they know that your potential buying brain will somehow become "clouded," and you will believe you can look like that Model.

But, you can't! Even The Original Model doesn't look like That Woman. She's been Photo-Shopped, Airbrushed, manipulated and folded, to look "more than ideal." It's an old Axiom in Advertising: "It's The Sizzle that sells The Steak!" Inotherwords, whether your conscious of it or not, your not just buying a piece of cloth to cover your body. Your buying "attitude," "youth," "social-status," "snobbery," and about a thousand more things. Never Utility! If you were motivated by that, you would buy an Eight Dollar Pair of Overalls, and our Ad Agency Dude would be out of business! So, I think your just kind of stuck with beautiful women in Clothing Ads. It's The Game, and that's The Way it's played!

peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 04-07-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Silver Member
    Suddenly Fem states they use both GG and TG models.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYRJE9qQB4U

They also state they will not use a CD over a size 12 (and I suspect there are more than a few of us who fall into that category.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X46Q0hMJWno

As with any model regardless of gender, as to how well an article of clothing will work for you... well... your mileage will almost certainly vary.
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 04-07-2011 at 03:02 AM.

There sure is a" real "model, and she belongs to thsf group here, She is Tiffany Ambre Rhoades. She models for Suddenly Fem, which is a store especially for crossdressers. If you search in the picture and video section of the forum, she has posted some great vids of her modeling.

What gets me is when I am looking at "full figure" clothing, the models are a size 4!

I have shopped on several sites on EBay which use M2F clothing models. On at least one, the model's age, height, weight, and measurements are stated. Off the top of my head I can't recall then names of the sites, but just type 'crossdresser' in the EBay search engine and you'll find many shops which specialize in CD/TV clothing. And, since most of the garments are pre-worn, you can get some amazingly good buys!

The one thing I have NOT been able to find is a site which features female wigs on male mannequin busts. I would really like to see how some of those wigs look on a square masculine face (mine) as opposed to those perfect oval feminine faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie_CDTV View Post
    Suddenly Fem states they use both GG and TG models.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYRJE9qQB4U

They also state they will not use a CD over a size 12 (and I suspect there are more than a few of us who fall into that category.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X46Q0hMJWno

As with any model regardless of gender, as to how well an article of clothing will work for you... well... your mileage will almost certainly vary.
    I was also thinking of Suddenly Fem. I will have to say, though, that I don't like their fashions. They seem a little over the top to me. But then I'm not 20 somthing any more! It also seams like some of their dresses highlight the total lack of Fem hips! The only thing I buy from them is their gaffs: great look, feel, and quality!

Quote Originally Posted by StarrOfDelite View Post
    I have shopped on several sites on EBay which use M2F clothing models. On at least one, the model's age, height, weight, and measurements are stated. Off the top of my head I can't recall then names of the sites, but just type 'crossdresser' in the EBay search engine and you'll find many shops which specialize in CD/TV clothing. And, since most of the garments are pre-worn, you can get some amazingly good buys!

The one thing I have NOT been able to find is a site which features female wigs on male mannequin busts. I would really like to see how some of those wigs look on a square masculine face (mine) as opposed to those perfect oval feminine faces.
    Ditto on the wigs! I'd love to see a web site that puts fem wigs on male heads!
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

A few points here.

Everyone seems to be bringing up Tiffany as an example. I'm not gonna lie, I think she does a GREAT job. But the fact that everyone is bringing up the same t-girl over and over says something about what the standard is.

As people have mentioned they're selling us "The Fantasy." That's true, but what shows up is the reality. They get their money, and when you get the item and try it on, you could be setting yourself up for disappointment.

And the gender difference is not the same issue as "Not even most women look like the models in those clothes!" The look is not equally as unattainable. If a woman loses some weight, she could look more like the people who models who wear those clothes. We're not likely to lose weight in our chins, shoulders and adam's apples.

Comfilon.com - a site that sells pantyhose made to fit a male anatomy - always uses male models.

If it says for crossdressers ...I won't even think about buying it..Odd I know..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

I'd love to model for them if they'd let me! ;-)
    "P.O.P" Power Of The Pussy! gUrLz RuLe!

I was not going to reply to this thread! But after thinking about it I'm adding the following! :Cross dressing clothes! Why in Sam hill would I want to wear something like that! FIRST, I hate 'that' word! Mostly, I'm going to dress like a woman! So why would I wear something made for a man:! Sorry! Hugs!

I got asked to be in the local Fashion Bug fashion show, as my female self...Billijo

Do you ever look at the ads and catalogues from Lane Bryant, Avenue, Just My Size and Catherines? Go into any of their stores and see how many of the customers you see resemble the girls in the ads.
    People who live in glass houses should pull the shades down!!