Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How important are women's clothes.

Just another 'Gurl'

How important are women's clothes.

The other night as I was ordering various slips and shoes from amazon I began to wonder why the clothes are so important?

Women are women not because of the clothes they wear, or the makeup they choose. Similarly, if I am not wearing guy clothes I am still a man. So why are the clothes so important? Sure, I like wearing skirts and makeup, but those items do not make me trans.

I wonder if subconsciously I am hoping that buying one more bra or a new maxi skirt will transform me into the woman I like to imagine could be.

I don't know.
    Just another man in a dress

Clothes make the woman! I think clothes can make you feel pretty! If you feel pretty than chances are you are pretty!

Clothes maketh the dream.

Without the clothes I am a man

With the clothes I am a man but I can at least have some of the same feeling my wife has when she gets ready for work or going out - its a small feeling but it means the world

Well for me it is the figure I have and the feeling I get with that figure that makes me feel feminine.

I have been going out underdressed.
    I wear attached forms, corset and control top panties.
    When I tightlace i walk differently and when I have my forms attached they mov with me.

i feel like what it would like to have a female body... at least on the outside.

/????

Clothes are important because they are our substitute for actually having a woman's body. It's the closest we can come to feeling like a woman short of actually getting a sex change. That's how I see it, anyway.

Silver Member
    One reason they are important is that, in some cases at least, they look and feel really nice?

How important are women's clothes?
    How many of us find Hillary Clinton's wardrobe attractive?

I am one to agree with Vickie. They feel soooo nice.

Hi,

Oh dear,

im seen as ,i present as, im accepted as a woman , my manisisms are of a woman after that does it matter ,
    yes more so for me as being intersex because of my facale looks as more male . so unfortuntly id have to wear womans clothes tho my friends dont care they just accept me as i am. so its more a delemer for me ,

& no, my womans clothes dont make me a woman because i am one , any way. its not the only way i express my self its just one of many . so yes the clothes are impotant ,

Kitty,

That 2nd last two lines i wonder would that work for me ... gota laugh dont i ....

...noeleena...

How important are women's clothes?

They are second only to food!

How important are the clothes? I guess it depends on your self-perception. When en femme I perceive myself as feminine, and that's what it's all about. That girly rush that comes from wearing women's clothes is what started it all in the first place.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

They are the bridge that connects you to the other side and it is up to you how long you stay before you cross over again .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I think they're very important. It all started with the clothing, and morphed into something greater than that. But at the core of it all, there are still the clothes. Without them, none of this matters any longer.

When I dress, which is rather often, I wear forms and a wig, and some foundational items to give me a better shape. I dont' like dressing without all these accessories. However, I have no desire to dress at all if I can't pick out a nice dress, wear hosiery high heels, and the whole women's clothing thing. For instance, I could put on my forms and stuff, and wear guy stuff, and it just wouldn't be the same. So it's ladies' clothes, or I don't bother. So yes, the clothing is very important.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

They make me fell godd when i am dresses as Zoe

Even after all these years, when I look into a mirror I am disappointed that my body doesn't match my inner gender image of who I am. My girl cloths are am embellishment that helps to bring my outer image in line with my inner, gender self. Like a blurry photo, it's like I'm always a little out of focus, but dressing brings me a little closer to being in focus.

Even if you are just a feminine male, and do not feel like a woman in a man's body, your female side loves to look in the mirror and see herself. It is confirmation that there is a woman inside that is allowed to come out and express herself. Otherwise, your female persona is trapped in an internal prison, and becomes unhappy. For many men, that unhappiness encompassed the male persona, which often does not understand the sadness, and leads to expressions like "I don't know why, but I am happier when I cross dress".

I'm late to crossdressing, but I have had many feminine hobbies, and felt good about it. So, clothes are not the only way for your female side to have fun. However, dressing is a completely different level of female self-expression. You are letting her out to enjoy the world.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

Gold Member
    This is another of those things that can have quite a variety of answers. We do have some that feel male undressed and when dressed, it transforms them mentally and they go into their feminine state so to speak. Others may not feel that they change mentally, but are the same no matter how they dress. But people respond to tactile things and feeling the clothes can bring a sense of relaxation or peace. Others may respond to the visuals as they enjoy the way they look. There is no end to the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by pink femme View Post
    With the clothes I am a man but I can at least have some of the same feeling my wife has when she gets ready for work or going out - its a small feeling but it means the world
    Have you ever described the feelings you get when you dress to your wife, and asked her if she feels the same way when she gets ready to go out?

I'm just saying that we GGs don't "feel" anything special when we get dressed. We feel just the same way a guy does when he gets ready to go out for the day. Putting on makeup to us is a step to go through, just like a guy feels when he shaves. It's really nothing special.

I don't want to take away from your feelings, and I'm glad that dressing and putting on makeup makes you feel good. But, it is a mistake to think that GGs feel the same way when we do the same, since to us it's just an ordinary, every day event. Does this make sense?
    Reine

Platinum Member
    I can't profess to know how my SO feels when she gets dressed, but suspect its just clothes for her. For me, the clothes and make up are a way to outwardly express what I feel inside. I know its an illusion, but its a pleasant one.

If it were not for the clothes I could not be a crossdresser. Better yet, I prefer women's clothes, shoes, etc.
    Hugs, Carole

How important are the clothes? This is a site for crossDRESSERS, right? There ya go.
    I continue to be surprised that there are folks who have been here for years that still think that crossdessing is driven only by a femme identity. For those who are, I guess it's not fundamentally about the clothes, but they are important in expressing that femme identity. I'm just thinking that from reading thousands of posts on the forum. I'm not one of them, I'm one of the others.
    For those of us, and there are quite a lot, who dress for pleasure, it IS fundamentally about the clothes, or some other item usually associated only with feminine expression (makeup,shoes, wigs, etc).
    So c'mon KittySue, you've been here for over five years. Do you still think we all want to be women? Some of us just want to DRESS like one occasionally.
    Pleasure dressers, let's refuse to sit in the back of the crossdressing bus.

For me, clothes have been a a vehicle or even maybe like a permission slip to allow me to express myself in a way I otherwise felt I could not. Being raised in a time and place that had me believe it would be inappropriate or even plain wrong to show interest or feelings that were considered to be to feminine by society for a man to have or display. That a man would do such a thing would be considered gay or certainly lose the respect of other people around him! Less strong or manly! Obviously this was the wrong attitude but it is what my interpertation on my social up bringing is or was. It was not meant to be bad, just at a time when men did men things and women did women things. Very black and white kind of view point.

As I have progressed and questioned my assumptions on the roles and contributions of both men and women in the world, I have sinced changed my ideas to believe we all have a mixture of what is thought to be either masculine or feminine traits as described by our present society and its previous learning, observation or understanding. Accepting that has allowed me to dress and express myself for the purpose of making myself happy and raise my own self esteem as to who I am and what contributions I can make in this world. Simply making myself as pretty and thus feeling good about me makes me a better person and more able to help others because of the new found confidence I have.

So from this perspective clothes have been and continue to be very important to me as they have been the vehicle to a better understanding, more empathetic, balanced and enlightened person than I was before.

It is ok and even great to feel good about oneself! It allows us to share ourselves with others more readily, even eagerly!

Hugs,
    Dana
    [SIZE="3"]Dana Rachael Stevens

The person I have always wanted to be, is within me!
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I continue to be surprised that there are folks who have been here for years that still think that crossdessing is driven only by a femme identity.
    It's a sliding scale with an infinite number of points on it, each point representing a slightly higher or lesser degree of feminine identity than the one next to it. It's like a gradient scale from white to black. You can't tell at any point where the colors actually change, and the bulk of the scale lies in the variance between each end: wanting to dress like a woman sometimes, and permanently feeling like a woman internally.
    Reine

Reine, you make perfect sense. I agree with Nicole too. I dress for the pure pleasure of it, so yes, I'm a pleasure dresser too.

The clothing is relative to the person wearing it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning