Thread: I've got the blues -- someone do something!

I've got the blues -- someone do something!

I'm not sure why I feel down, I wonder who else has the blues?...is it just because spring is taking so long to warm up? It seems like everything is blah... everything is expensive, savings are going nowhere (I'm fortunate to have something though), Japan situation is sad, stupid election happening here...just more crap, promises instead of real intellegent gov't...just reduce my taxes and don't take what I earned, who's getting all the money from these gas prices anyhow?,oh and Dnald Trump...who cares...he should do what he is good at) So, someone tell me something funny about crossdressing...please! ho hum
    Chickie

I think EVERYONE has had the blues lately. Where IS that darned sun? You could try to use your crossdressing to FIGHT those blues. What about going out and buying a REALLY FUN scarf or necklace, earrings or bracelet that is totally different from anything you usually wear? These won't cost a lot of money but will give you a little pick-me-up. Retail therapy is a powerful treatment for many, many things for all of us. Good Luck!
    Last edited by TorieGG; 04-08-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Wink

Well - At least "You don't sweat much for a fat girl." (Sorry - punch line for an old joke. PM me if you want to hear the rest.)
    Where the hell is global warming when you need it?
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

well at least you are not alone for having the blues. but sadly mine are not due to the weather (family problems).

and thank god for global warming...if not it we would be frozen to death by now.....even here in CA.

You asked for it! The only thing I know that's funny about cross dressing is when I look in a mirror! And it hurts too much to laugh! So I gave up cross dressing and started dressing en femme! The future looks much brighter while I'm sleeping!

Yeah I know what u mean, I live across from St. Lawrence river, canada is with eyesight Ottowa is as close as any large ny city. Jan, Feb, were brutal, difficult time on the farm, never mind marriage troubles and spring is taking its time getting here and this old world sure doesnt seem to be doing so well lately. Sure would like time to myself and even do some shopping, but we'll see any way better weather should be right around the corner, springtime. Just spend your time enjoying what u do, I figure things will get better.

The end of the program is coming my friend. The best thing to do is just sit back and enjoy the show.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

How do you confuse a cross dresser, put 3 shovels against a wall and say "take your PICK" , the rest i can`t do much about so stop worrying about it ,oh and tomorrow is going to be a sunny day so get out and get some of that vitamin D and you will feel a lot better .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Well it is a bit like the guy who said "the world is going to end tomorrow" and the other guy says "that can't be because it is already tomorrow in Australia". Prolonged periods without sunlight lead to depression, it will go away. Do they girlie thing and go shopping as someone else suggested.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    The minute I saw the thread title, I knew it was from a Canadian. To make things easier, I turn down the volume on the TV while politicians are talking and make up my own words. The more absurd, the better, sometimes I can get my SO laughing pretty good. As far as spring coming, well the snow is melting, it is just taking its time.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Dress to the 9's and think about your last outing or shopping trip, that cute little outfit that will drive everyone wild. Even better is think of the last time you were Mam'd or when the macho hunk whisled at you as you walked by.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Welcome to the world circa 2011. Onward we trudge!
    Pray for the the heartbreak that is Japan, send what you can afford for relief efforts. Either turn a blind eye and deaf ear to the politicos or get involved in trying to make a change if that better suits your mentality. But i hear you on the weather issue, spring fever is bothering me as well, and i live many hundred miles south.

I unfortunately hit a bottom in my life at the wrong time in history, economic hardship has made rebuilding my life much more difficult, but it is what it is. Pain is the cornerstone of growth and someday i'll reap the rewards.

Oopsy, i hijacked your thread and used it to vent, sorry.
    But seriously though your not alone Chickie, farewell and keep your chin up, better days are sure to come.

Silver Member
    I view it the complete opposite way. Given how our way of life is on the verge of collapse, people should be depressed, scared and angry. I'd worry if I wasn't depressed about the situation in the world right now.

At least spring will arrive, eventually... about the only thing we can be certain of.
    Last edited by Vickie_CDTV; 04-09-2011 at 10:55 PM.

the happy camper
    Retail therapy works every time, Chickhe!

It's already spring here, but I've been down for the past couple of weeks. I should say Sophie has been down. That other guy is doing fine, but he's hogging all the 'me' time. The yin/yang wheel rolled, and put him on top. I had to insist on getting some time for Sophie today, and even then I haven't been feeling it the way I normally do. The wheel will roll again though. It's a wheel, it can't help it.

Sorry to be boring but it is the old glass half full/empty scenario. My life is really SH** at the moment and it has been a very grey winter (though we did get some white!)... Spring is a time of hope, but the world is full of bad news... unless you are a banker.. win/win/win/win/win/win/win...

So here is the good news...

I am alive and kicking... and while my mind is enriched with all the thoughts of everyone on this forum, I am connected to a fantastic community of people...

We may be heading for economic and environmental collapse, but as Monty Python put it...

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life... where there is a dress that costs less than it did yesterday... I am in CD heaven!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Hey...thanks all. Still feeling a bit down, but having bright spots. I was trying to figure out what led to my blues... one thing that happened recently was my kids caregiver was almost hit by a drunk driver while she was watching my kid after school. Turns out the driver was a neighbor so I've been kind of feeling angry and yet at the same time feel sorry for this guy who obviously has some issues...and all this other stuff going on which may impact me, but I can't do much about it...other than feel bad (and monitor what's going on... oh and stay off the road). So I have to remind myself to feel bad only about the things I can change. And how many crossdressers does it take to change a light bulb? Just one and my spouse says its me and it doesn't matter what I wearing while I'm getting it done.
    Chickie

At half past seven I awoke again. Fog horns still moaned out in the straits and a blinding snow drove in from the north. My breath rose like cumuli in the still room and I burrowed miserably remembering my empty wood pile and axe on the block.

Then outside my window, on a snow covered branch under the eaves, a sparrow who probably felt reckless sang...

Why fret, why fret?
    Spring comes yet.

Wylie Blanchet

Feeling a bit down myself. Unemployed, no money, bored stupid. One thing that cheers me up is getting en femme, however over the last few weeks I have dressed less, as I don't want my blues crossing over into my femme dressing time, and bringing that down as well. Got all girlied up last night and felt good, but still can't afford to get out.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."