Thread: ask women for advice

ask women for advice

Have you ever seen a woman with a greta pair of shoes or a nice top and
    wanted to ask them where they got it? Or seen how they do their eyes or
    wear some great piece of jewelry but since your a man we're afraid to ask.
    I've caught myself from asking several times.

yes when i see a girl with a grest manicure i want so bad to tell her how nice her finger nails looks.

sue ellan

life is to short so wear nice undies.

Yesterday I talked to a distance neighbor who knows very little about me (I was in drab) and when she got ready to leave I said I just love that color of nail polish your wearing! LORD AND BEHOLD! Tonight she drove by and gave me a bottle of nail polish that color! TRUE STORY! Hugs!

I think I'd never ask for advice besides my wife's, but I love shoes... and every time I see a nice pair of shoes, besides getting green of envy, i have to let that GG know how beautiful her shoes are... I've even dared to say "If I were a woman I would get those shoes..." I wish they knew

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Ummmmm, ask, ladies! I have never met a woman who didn't like a sincere compliment on her appearance, and a question on where she got something. Stop being wallflowers against the dance hall wall and get out there!

Kathi

Agreed Kathi 100% just do it

Even nicer is when one is en femme, and a GG asks you where you got that lovely skirt/dress/top or those "to die for" killer heels .

That's happened to me a couple of times, and what a rush!...almost like an out-of-body experience .

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Ummmmm, ask, ladies! I have never met a woman who didn't like a sincere compliment on her appearance, and a question on where she got something. Stop being wallflowers against the dance hall wall and get out there!

Kathi
    you're right but what about those in the closet? I too know women that have wonderful sense of fashion, but if I asking them about clothes, hair, nails etc... they'll either think I'm gay or I'm transgendered...either way I'm trying to prevent my cover from being blown far as I know they think I'm a regular guy...

If I see a GG wearing something that looks great, I always let her know. If I want to know where she got it, I will ask her. I have gotten into some interesting conversations with them that way.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I am always talking fashion.make-up etc with GGs in my work,and also it happens the other way too which I think is so cool

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I do ask or tell a GG that there clothes,shoes,boots ect looks great and where did they get them from. I don't worry about what they might think as most ladies like to hear how they look.
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

I always give compliments, I mean I have those feminine feelings.. Good ice breaker and always get in conversation about feminine things....

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen.CD View Post
    you're right but what about those in the closet? I too know women that have wonderful sense of fashion, but if I asking them about clothes, hair, nails etc... they'll either think I'm gay or I'm transgendered...either way I'm trying to prevent my cover from being blown far as I know they think I'm a regular guy...
    Jen they could also think you are an editor for a fashion magazine or a buyer for a retail chain . What men don't realize is that women appreciate a man with appreciation for everything they do to look pretty. Being sensitive to that doesn't make you gay or TG in their eyes. It just makes you sensitive. You may get accused if you start talking heels with your buddies in the locker room of the country club, but women in the proper setting will not raise a brow when you strike up a conversation about fashion.

Worse comes to worse ask her if her heels mess with her golf backswing. That will gurantee you regular guy status.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Suzanne beat me to it, Jen. I was essentially going to say the same thing. Well, I was going to add a "so what?" in there as well. If a stranger - a person you'll likely never meet again - thinks that you're gay or whatever, what in the heck does it matter?!?! And just what is a 'regular guy' anyway?

Kathi

Suzanne beat me to it, Jen. I was essentially going to say the same thing. Well, I was going to add a "so what?" in there as well. If a stranger - a person you'll likely never meet again - thinks that you're gay or whatever, what in the heck does it matter?!?! And just what is a 'regular guy' anyway?

Kathi
    I work with these women, it could come back to haunt me... by regular guy I was talking cisgender, and straight, basically the stereotypical male today.

Just the other day I asked a girl how much it cost to have her toenails painted at a nail salon. She said $10 and then I said but you can get a bottle of polish for a couple of bucks and do them yourself several times saving you money. She told me she did it because the nail tech customized the flowers on her big toes. I don't think she suspected anything as I'm known for being a biker at work. Billie Jean

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Had something happen today at the gas station,I was pretty much gender neutral as far as the top but my usual femme jeans.
    I have become so accustom to dressing like this so normal for me.Anyway I pumped my gas and she was doing the same,she followed me into to pay and in line she said those are cute are they Arizona jeans?
    I turned around and said yes they are and she said wow they look great and you have them filled out perfectly.
    I said TY I love your jeans too plus you look great in them as well.
    Walking out she said you know guys should wear womens jeans makes the view much better.
    I laughed and said I hate baggy jeans and refuse to wear them.She replied I think you look great in them so go for it.
    I do complement GG's on how they look quite a bit and so far only positive reactions.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 04-10-2011 at 07:13 PM.

and sometimes you get free nail polish

I have a standard line I use when I see a nail color i like. "what color is that? what brand? Where did you get it? "I buy the 99 cent bottles for my daughter as a treat, but I think I've gotten her one of every color, I might have to start getting the $1.50 ones, please tell me its not the expensive brand."

Normaly I get the info asked for, mostly it is the pricy stuff...today I asked a cashier what is that color called, etc...but her answer was different..."Blue, but it is the $7.00 stuff, my daughters are all all grown up and out of the house. I don't wear it that often, I'll bring all my polishs in, come back wednesday and I'll give them to you for your daughter."

I thanked her for her kindness and generosity, and she assured me she would be happy to have them be used before they get too old.

Now, do I share them with the kid or horde them...???

Hi Becca .

You of cause share them, as youll be asked howd your daughter like the polish s your traped , wise up you will get asked .
    & being a woman youll know why....he he .....

...noeleena...

That's easy-Horde them
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca13 View Post
    I have a standard line I use when I see a nail color i like. "what color is that? what brand? Where did you get it? "I buy the 99 cent bottles for my daughter as a treat, but I think I've gotten her one of every color, I might have to start getting the $1.50 ones, please tell me its not the expensive brand."

Normaly I get the info asked for, mostly it is the pricy stuff...today I asked a cashier what is that color called, etc...but her answer was different..."Blue, but it is the $7.00 stuff, my daughters are all all grown up and out of the house. I don't wear it that often, I'll bring all my polishs in, come back wednesday and I'll give them to you for your daughter."

I thanked her for her kindness and generosity, and she assured me she would be happy to have them be used before they get too old.

Now, do I share them with the kid or horde them...???