Thread: crossdressing and short hair....

crossdressing and short hair....

Intried to do a search fornthis but got nothing back.

Do y'all have to style yer hair in regards to dressing? I mean, I cut mine all off in support of a friend with cancer, and mine is only about an inch long.

What are some options for dressers with short hair, without going the route of a wig? I have been kinda winging it, or wearing a baseball hat.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    At my advanced age I have very little hair on my head, or anywhere for that matter! I used to wear a wig whenever Stephanie went out, but my dear late wife always fixed my wig for me. Now that she has passed on I just dress enfemme and go out without the wig or makeup! In other words, I go out as a guy in a skirt and other feminine clothing. And in over 6 years I have never had a problem! Most people don't pay that much attention to others, unless your clothing is going to draw attention!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

As I've aged, I've found that hair grows in places it never really grew before and it grows really quickly; like my ears and my nose. This being said, I think I've found the concoction to stimulate rapid hair growth. Clean the earwax from both of you ears, and then blow the mucus from your nose (ok...snott) into a small mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly and then spead liberally over the desired area of hair growth. You should see immediate results.

Actually, I've never reallt tried this, but there seems to be a great deal of logic here.

LOL

I am sorry! I have to keep my hair really short for my job and I went the wig route. Took me quite a while to find my style but once I did it has been smooth sailing. But like you I have always wished I could do something with my real hair but it is going to be several years before I can let it grow out. I hope you find your solution and style.

Think Sinead O'Connor ... then wear big earrings!

Loads of GGs have short hair, but it is all in the style I am afraid!

I am very challenged in the hair on the head department so I have no alternative but to wig it... but wigs are very in, in many fashion circles! If I had a full head of hair I would grow it to a length I could style in many different ways... ho hum!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Why would you not take advantage of the "wig route". It takes a while to find the right color and length and style of wig that will enhance your feminine look, but the difference it makes is truly astonishing.

I'll get dressed in my lingerie and heels and then do my makeup. The last thing I do before donning my outerwear is to put on my wig and give it a quick comb out. The hair completes me en femme. The hair completes the transition. The hair make the woman. I even feel that way when admiring the opposite sex. There's something really special about well done hair. Before the hair, I'm just another guy in makeup. After the hair, I'm a woman with a somewhat large nose and jaw!

A hint on wigs, don't spend over $40 on a new wig. I've spent as much as three times that amount and none of those expensive wigs look or feel any better than my cheaper wigs. In fact, for the most part they look worse! Hard lesson learned.

First, I commend you on your gesture towards your friend! On the lighter side I say::Hair today, wig tomorrow!

Formerly Natalie Lynn Tracy Lynn's Avatar
    As you ca see by my profile pic, I wear my hair short. I got tired of wearing wigs. I keep my bangs long and sides and back short. I also spike it up a little on top. My color is blonde with pink and dark brown highlights.
    Love Ya, Tracy

"Like the sky opens after a rainy day we must open to ourselves.... Learn to love yourself for who you are and open so the world can see you shine." ~James Poland

8rys, going on walkabout
    I too wear what is a woman's short style. It has a slightly emo appearance when I'm playing boy. Like many here I have concerns about my thinning hairline, but with the right products I can make it look good.

I do also have wigs but when out in the wind / heat and huimidity I find them to be a little problematic.
    Last edited by Chloe Renee; 04-11-2011 at 05:32 PM.

thanx for the input ladies! I am just goiung to have to go with what I have but for the most part, I wear it as a guy and just wing it while in feminine outfits. I was lucily blessed with chic's leg and rear, so I have that going for me. Plus I am only 5'4".

I've got short hair. Can't afford a wig yet. But I find that there are many gg's have short hair and some of them look really good with it. So its up to you whether you go down that route or conform to the long hair makes u fell more feminie.

I had thought about trying to find a ponytail thati could slip inside a baseball hat. I know some chics wear baseball hats, so who knows.

[SIZE=4]I seem to cut a lot of women's hair, and their styles go from shaved heads to long flowing locks, so I think you can get away with just about anything. One of my clients wears a bleached blonde flat top and heavy makeup and looks utterly stunning! One of the sexiest women I have ever met.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]You don't notice the hair after about 10 seconds with her.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Cris Fiorella
    I keep it medium and perm it, no one seems to care, it's easy to straighten the bangs and run with it that way

If you are more comfortable with shorter hair, its a good idea

If you don't grow it out, a wig is the way if you wanna look your most femme. Many of us can't pull off the Sinead look.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by freaky_72 View Post
    I had thought about trying to find a ponytail thati could slip inside a baseball hat. I know some chics wear baseball hats, so who knows.
    I've done this. The look is not terrible, with the right outfit. Lots of major league teams have pink caps too. I had a pink Red Sox cap.

Quote Originally Posted by freaky_72 View Post
    I don't know , but a baseball cap and a ponytail comes close to being a wig.
    BTW, why not a wig?