Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lucky enough to wear a size 10

I dress to feel pretty Tina P Hose's Avatar
    mainly 9.5 for me. now if I could find a gurl, to dress with !
    From Madrid to Montreal that underneath it all that Tina prefers pantyhose

I have found the same thing, Paula. I wear a men's size 10.5 or 11 (depending on the shoe), and have found the best women's shoe sizes to be 10W or 11 regular width. The 10W is the better, actually. I suspect that there is some size inflation going on with shoes, just as for clothing.

I can wear a size 10 dress only if I cut the seams. Shoes 10 or 9 but dress..shhhhhhh

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I wear size 10 Medium ladies shoes, and have for many years! Unfortunately, my dress size is larger! Oh well, they fit well!! BTW, I buy most of my shoes in department stores like Nordstroms or Dillards and have them properly fitted!
    Last edited by sissystephanie; 04-11-2011 at 10:43 PM.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

My most common shoe size is 9.5 now -- my feet actually got smaller when I lost weight a few years back. Occasionally I need a 10.

I do fit into some size 10 dresses as well, but 12 is more my "normal" size.

- Diane

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FAVORITE HEELS View Post
    Target and Ross lots of 11.s now
    Said the girl who wears size 10! NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE has a large selection of sexy womens size 10 1/2, and up! Unless u go on line!
    I needed a sexy pair of red heels for DLV. Pay Less? Target? Ross? Marshalls? Macy's? Nordstrom rack? Yeah, they ALL had size 11's. 6 pairs each!

I ended up taking 2 pairs of size 10s that I can get into. Because they were CUTE! And, after wearing them for a few evenings, I got compliments, but my feet DIED! Groan!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

BUSINESS DRESSER FAVORITE HEELS's Avatar
    I perfer the department stores as well so I can exchange them if necc.Zappos online has been good but they are pricey, my guess is they offer free shipping and add that to the cost of there shoes Do you find your dress size to be smaller than your skirt size? I do
    The fact that reading these great experiences and it being my story or a happy future to my situation makes me know im in the right place.

Put me down as anohter 10. Although I do have a few 9's.
    Dresses, it depends, anywhere from a 14 to an 18 depending on how it's made. My wedding dress I just got is a 16 (if I keep this one) but my fave casual dress is an 18.

I usually wear a 10, but just got a pair of heels online in size 10 and they are too big. I'm only 5'5".

Talking You...

Quote Originally Posted by FAVORITE HEELS View Post
    I am feeling so lucky to be able to fit in a womens size 10 heel.My choices in shoes are endless.They have my size most of the time since there are mostly 7-9 sold to GG's.
    Bitch - I am still trying to find a local store within 100 miles that carries 16s. I want to try them on before I buy. Not comfortable ordering off the web just yet.
    [SIZE="2"]
    I give you a new commandment, that you love one another.
    Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"]
    John 13:34
    [/SIZE]
    Find me: Google+

Junior Member Kimberly Michelle's Avatar
    Always wished I had smaller feet but after reading this thread, I guess I am rather lucky at a size 10 shoe and 8/10 clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna June View Post
    I won't tell you what size I wear because if you hate her for fitting into a 10 then you'll really despise me
    you know, I'm starting to be so jealous of the two of you....June, you don't have to tell me your size, I already can see...I wouldn't have a corner of the basement for my shoes, I would have the WHOLE thing...I'm so depressed right now <sigh> good thing that I have on my SW platform almond toe pumps now...ahhhh

OK now thats a shoe collection Marian!!!!! Well done.
    The fact that reading these great experiences and it being my story or a happy future to my situation makes me know im in the right place.

KM you look terrific and the sizes you wear fit you well.

Do they have them in 9 1/2?

Hi, I'm also lucky although I'm tall i have both small hands and feet. I wear a size 9 shoe also. I find you can even wear smaller if you try open toe slingbacks with stockings of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Jill Devine View Post
    My problem is that I am more of a 10.5
    Most size tens fit me a little tight; size eleven is a little loose. Go figure.
    Jill,

Get yourself a pair of inexpensive shoe stretchers.

Size 10 shoes are snug on me, but after stretching a few days, they're perfect. Every day, turn the screw just a bit more, it's a gradual process.

Avoid cloth and patent leather, and other man-made materials -- they don't stretch.
    Thin leather and especially suede stretch very well. Thicker leather takes a lot longer to stretch, but stretch they will.

-- Diane

I kind of like being the shoe stretcher when I can spend the time in them.I dont know if my feet are in agreeance sometimes.

One of the reasons I like Nine West is they often stock size 10.5, becasue that's often what fits me best.

BTW, I can comfortably wear most size 8 skirt suits, top & bottom!

All the Best,
    SS

PS - I haven't been out in ages. Can I change my femme name?
    I was thinkinf either Dot or Midge, maybe...

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    I wear a 10-1/2 in a mens shoe,,but need extra wide with or a 11 in a womans shoe
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    I am lucky that I wear a size 10 and have never had a problem finding shoes, actually I just came back from my local Kohl's with a new pair of round toe black platform 4 inch heels that were $49.99 on sale for $29.99 so it was an excellent night to try on shoes and buy a pair on sale
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

Yes it seems as the 10's are around abit longer when all the smaller sizes are quickly bought up.I love my rounded toe shoes easy to break in thats for sure.i never found any shoes i like at kohls though.Nice dress and pumps darlene!!

I also wear a size 10... in both men's and women's. I ordered my first pair of shoes online in size 11 recently, because I assumed women's sizes were smaller, but it turns out they're about the same, at least for me. Those 11's were too big.

I have heard the several times now 10 mens and womens then at 10 1/2 mens the womens 11 fits better

I second a vote for target. I think I should wear 10.5, but I can't seem to find them. I do luv Targets 11's and they do give you some nice choices in that size, Thank god I'm not bigger so I feel yall's pain that are bigger. The smaller the size the better with choices. I've seen lots of sandle wedges I would luv to have but the biggest is 9.5. I just have to keep looking and maybe I'll find them in my size.
    Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    I can fit into a size 11 and was very surprised to find some fantastic heels in that size at Target! of all places.

tina