Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did your mother support your crossdressing and wanted you to be her daughter?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did your mother support your crossdressing and wanted you to be her daughter?

Please do not take it the wrong way but I notice a lot of mothers tend to laugh when their son puts on her heels or dress and will even sometimes paint their sons nails for fun. A lot of this is done behind the fathers back.

Do the CDs here agree?

NO! No offense. ^_^;; There have been a few signs left around the house in my early teen years (on accident of course), and certain "talks" about that with my mom at the time indicated that I would not be supported... I almost wish it had been that way though. :/

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    No, she caught me a couple of times and did her very best to get me to stop. I'm sorry Mom, I love you, but it just didn't happen. I think she was afraid that I was going to become homosexual, not understanding back in those old days that the two things weren't directly linked cause and effect. That aspect of it was never discussed, so I'm just guessing now, having missed my chance to ask her about it by over 25 years.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

All I ever got was corrected! The only support I ever got came from my bra and girdle!

Not no but hell no. How many Mothers do you know that would really want their Son to become their Daughter?
    Last edited by Kate Simmons; 04-15-2011 at 04:16 PM.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

No my mom doesn't like me being Cindy too much although sometimes she called me baby girl.

in a way my mom kinda treats me like the daughter she wish she had. (the real one divorced her blood).
    we go shopping a lot, she is making me a dress, :-) but i do not dress up much in front of her. she does want to shopping with loni one day.
    maybe this fall when i have the cash for it. take her someplace special (aka trip).

When I was little, my mom was sometimes encouraging and instigated crossdressing, even suggested that she'd like to do things with me dressed as her daughter, but that never panned out. At other times she would act as if she'd never been supportive. I think that my dad told her to not encourage me, as he was strongly critical of me dressing up, to say the least. I hated him when I was a kid, as he was not a very good father back then (BIG understatement).

When my mom and I were the same size, she wanted to totally dress me as a woman for Halloween, pluck my eyebrows and everything, and I was totally thrilled, but again, she changed her mind and it never happened.

My mom had to have known that I had gender identity issues based on things I did from little on, and when I was maybe 14 or 15, she did ask me if I wanted to be a girl, as she knew I was getting into her makeup, but by the look on her face, I knew that she didn't want to hear the truth, so I chickened out and told her no. I'll regret that lie until the day I die.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

My mother and grandmother got me started at a young age. Both had me play dress-up to varying degrees many many times throughout my youth. Halloween was a special time for us all when I'd get the full treatment out in the open including girdle, makeup and wig. I thoroughly enjoyed it all. My mother never explicitly said she'd like me to be her daughter but I knew she had fun with the temporary transformations. She always talked about how much she wished she'd had a daughter to share things with.

Shortly before she died, my mother pulled my wife aside and showed her an envelope she'd kept for many years. In it was a full set of painted nails from my little fingers. Many among us probably remember how easy it was to pop that red polish off in one piece 50+ years ago. I guess the polish was a special memory for my mom and something she used to ease into having 'the talk' with my wife about whether I still like to play dress-up. I walked in on them during that chat and was shooed away so they could continue. Oh, to be a fly on the wall!

I did and still do relate fully as a boy/man and was never interested in or encouraged to do dolls or stereotypical girl activities. It was and is all about the look and presentation.

I suppose I was made into a CD through the process. My wife feels that what my mother and grandmother did was wrong. I don't believe parents knew they were setting up a lifelong pattern of behavior. Using today's knowledge to gauge actions of 50+ years ago is a bit fuzzy. I survived and think I turned out ok. The softer things I learned in youth no doubt merged with my male traits to make me the man I am.

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar
    My mothers fantastic, she accepts every part of me. she caught me when I was 13 in her long nightgown, and has'nt had one negative word. she comes up to see me once a year and does'nt mind me wearing womens wear or my lovely long satin nightgowns. i'm very lucky to have a good mum and close accepting freinds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

My mom was always very open about the fact that she expected to only have baby girls and totally had no idea what to do when a boy popped out instead! She had literally never even considered the possibility of raising a son. She tried to adapt, but I think she did enjoy treating me a bit girlishly at times.

Starting when I was quite small, maybe 2-1/2 years old or so, she would sometimes put red polish on my fingernails and, a few years later, lipstick. She let me get my ears pierced when I was nine, and took me to a downtown department store to buy my first pair of heels when I was 12. (And yes, I was wearing nail polish, lipstick and earrings at the time. The clerks must have talked about it for weeks.) However, her interest never extended to my wearing lingerie (other than hose) or women's outer clothes.

I think she began having regrets about it all soon after our shopping trip and after I entered junior high and the first signs of puberty started to show, she lost all interest in supporting my femme side. Years later, she never accepted or acknowledged that I dressed.

- Diane

When I came out, my mom called me a freak, sent me to a mental ward for a couple weeks, and wouldn't talk to me for about two years. That was when I was about sixteen. Things have gotten a little better but I can't dress up in front of her.

Hi, thanks to all for sharing. We had a photo of me at four putting lipstick on under Mum's dressing table, but my first memory was sneaking my sister's lingerie. Mum found out later when I snowdropped from my neighbour's washing line. Next thing I knew, (I was twelve), I was off to the psychiatrist and ended up having electro shock therapy to 'cure' me. Didn't work! Mum died when I was nineteen and never accepted my CDing, nor did Dad. It was just swept under the carpet. Both my sisters know but only the youger one(five years older than me) supports me.

My mom always wanted a girl. She got two sons.

She was a bit of a rebel and I think she would have supported and
    Defended me no matter what.

She passed away back in 2002.

She always told me there was something special about me
    As did my grandmother.

My mother was a very special person in my life, She did know about my crossdressing, Did not support it, but did not disapprove either. She was great I could talk to her about anything, She was definitly my best friend.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

No, she did find out when I was about 15, and was horrified. I had to get a 4-hour lecture from her and my stepfather (who called me a sick pervert) and I was sent off to therapy. The psychologist didn't see anything wrong with me and suggested to my mom that she go easier on me, and after 10 sessions I was pulled out of it, because as my mom said "the therapy isn't working". It was just understood I was to never crossdress again and it was never spoken about since. It definately contributed to our already distant relationship.

My sister knew I borrowed her stuff occasionally, and didn't see to mind. I think she thought it was funny. She caught me putting on lipstick once and thought it was a hoot.

As Dani XO said: "My mom remains one of my largest non-supporters."

I am pretty sure my mom suspects something going on, mothers do have a sence in their children..She had recently told me that when I was a baby she was fed up with everyone calling me a girl and cut my curls off..
    I do not!! Claim to be an expert on any topic, when I post a new thread or reply on any thread my imput is strickly that of a crossdresser. Not to offend Gay people , Transexuals or any other life style, I am only commenting on one of my own.

On Hiatus
    I've been quite introspective lately and I'm beginning to think I might want to transition someday, but I'm not entirely sure yet. I mean, I am and I'm not. Anyway, I hope my mom would be fine with having a daughter in this circumstance. I'd love to be a good daughter to my mother.
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-

Aspiring Member
    like I said before when I was a small boy mom would find me in the lingeria section of the store feeling of the bras and panties instead of the toy aisle then when I was 9 she found me wearing my older sisters bra and panties she asked some questions and said I thought it would come to this so she took me to the store and I got to buy a bra and 3 pairs of panties

Aspiring Member
    Thanks for the thread. You've just awakened some long forgotten memories in me.
    Although the thoughts are quite fuzzy, I do recall her putting powder, rouge and makeup on me one rainy afternoon. This only happened once, but I can still see her smile and her delight (mine too) of how pretty I became on that day. i also recall that she joked about a wig and being fully dressed.
    I know that she knew I wore her clothes from time to time. She never came right out and said anything, but I knew I wasn't hiding anything from her. I never dressed in front of her or anyone else. The thought was very appealing but I never acted on it. Neither of us ever brought it up again.
    She passed a very long time ago.
    The memory is sweet.

My mother and I never talked about it but she did buy me very girlie type panties, so I guess she did know we just never talked about it ......
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

My mother wanted me to see a phsychiatrist,she thought something was wrong with me. I'm just a crossdresser,nothing wrong with that.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications. It is recommended that other members post a similar notice to this.
    I know some girls who have had pictures stolen , copied then used elswhere .
    This isn't a joke - this advice was passed onto me by a close legally trained friend .

My mother had five sons, no daughters. Years ago when I was young I had a somewhat awkward relationship with my mother regarding my CDing. She knew, but didn't understand or really accept. At one point, I think when I was about 16 and dressing daily with mixed boy-girl items, she said "I have five sons, but never wanted any of them to turn into a daughter. On the other hand, my mother often tried to protect me from the often violent reactions of my father towards my CD tenancies. For the last twelve years of my mother's life my SO and I cared for her in our home -- still my dear mother never really came to terms with my dressing. I always tried to keep dressing to a minimum around her. Over many years I've learned the hard way that you can never really change those around you into something they are not, only work towards mutual respect and love them for who they are.

Allana

I think she did....in her own subtle way! This forum makes me think! She did offer her shoes and hosiery for me to play with. She did get me the bride doll from the general store. (1949). When the girl cousins would come over we would hide her! (my brothers idea!) So the girls would not tear her up!!!! Perhaps that is why I would like a wedding dress one day! Hummmm. Tonight is my second fancy party in a big hotel!
    If you feel the need to explain yourself. Smile and Educate. Be proud of who you are!

."ALWAYS, SIT, SPIN, AND TUCK ONE FOOT BEHIND THE OTHER....NEVER CROSS YOUR LEGS"

Emme as in "M"

Some of these scenarios are the stuff of dreams, then again something like those awful unrealistic clichés from Petticoat Discipline Quarterly

There were a few instances from my childhood where a slight bit of half-hearted crossdressing was just playful... anything other than playful and my parents surely wouldn't let it happen. I had a subversive overly-sexual milf of a neighbour that on occasoin called me "pretty". Once on halloween she recommended I dress as a girl and that she would sort me out. I'm sure if I went through with her offer it would have been full on... and appropriately horrifying for me as it was halloween!