Thread: Dad, do you epilate?........ this sort of thing happens to some. But not to me!

Dad, do you epilate?........ this sort of thing happens to some. But not to me!

I was enjoying Sunday morning shopping with my daughter and her new husband.
    I just had a T-shirt on so my forearms were showing.
    And then, without warning my daughter suddenly stretched out her arm and ran her hand up and down my arm.
    “Do you shave your arms dad” she said. I said I did and then said “actually I epilate them”
    “Do you epilate your legs too”……..”Yes”
    “Do you epilate your body”………...”err yes”
    By now I realised that I was totally relaxed about what was happening. Naomi is a wonderful daughter and she would be fine with finding out I cross-dress.
    Both my daughter and George race bicycles.
    So the next thing she said was that she had tried to get George to use an epilator on his legs but he could not take the pain.
    “I just don’t like to have a hairy body” was my lame excuse.
    And that was that. No more questions. The subject was dropped.
    I have a feeling she might have a suspicion though. After all, she is a scientist and no fool.

SUZY

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    ”err yes”
    LOLOL - brilliant response!!! I love it!!! Very well done!

Although I recognize the potential discomfort of the situation, had it been me (I have a daughter, too), I would have responded the same way, "err" and all, which is why I see it somewhat humorous. At that point, what else is there to say? You are fantastic, though, Suzy, and you'll get it worked out!
    Last edited by Anne2345; 04-18-2011 at 03:04 PM.

There is a major trend amongst the young to get rid of body hair... mainly girl driven but they actively want their guys to be hairless too. It isn't universal and I have no stats, but it is out there. So I do think we can stand our ground here and say..."err yes".. it is what I do.. I like it that way!

Suzy... thanks for this, you are confirming my suspicions and observations.

On a personal level, that must have been a strange, if empowering encounter...?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Actually Kaz, it was something I have been expecting for a long time.
    But to just come out of the blue like that was a strange and difficult to describe moment.
    But I was amazed that I felt no panic at all. In fact I was quite enjoying the moment and felt a bit disappointed that she did not ask any more questions.
    What it has made me realise is that I am 100% happy with whom I am and I don’t care what people think. A wonderful and liberating feeling!

I can totally understand the moment and do empathise. It must be great to just "be"... I am working on it... getting closer
    Last edited by Kaz; 04-18-2011 at 03:13 PM.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Very nice story Suzy! It easy to see a good parent by how honest they are with there kids! Hugs!

Nicely played by the both of you Suzy. You took it in stride, and she asked just enough, as you said, she's not dumb, I'm sure she read between the lines, maybe at a latter date, after she has had to think on it, she might come back with more questions, but then you have time to get mentally prepared for when it does happen. After all a scientist, should have a open mind, right?
    Tina B>
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

hi suzy . wow that was great the way you handled that . i think she be back with more questions. my kids will not ask that sort of question because they are small and they will grow up with me haveing no hair but i'am sure there will be other questions.you take care love deanna b xx

You gave an excuse ( did she ask or were you just jumping the gun? ), but at least you didn't run from the room screaming,"DON'T YOU LOOK AT ME!!"
    If a hairless body was the ONLY sign, most people wouldn't think: MUST BE A CROSSDRESSER.
    Last edited by Fab Karen; 04-19-2011 at 07:37 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Quote Originally Posted by Fab Karen View Post
    at least you didn't run from the room screaming,"DON'T YOU LOOK AT ME!!"
    lol -- wait that's not a proper response?

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Daughters can be trouble. But if you have one you will keep her!

Or you could be like me, fairly fine hair on my legs, where it DOES grow. Usually friction from my jeans either wears it off or pulls it out, same place, both sides. Consequently, I tend to look 'patchy'.