Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are we escaping?

Escaping, maybe. I like vacationing too!
    For me, my male life is so totally straight that it is almost like a vacation.
    Besides, I usually go somewhere besides my tiny little hometown.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marla
    Are we escaping? I've been dressing for 40 years. Until recently I never tried to analyze it I just knew I loved doing it. However I'm wondering if it might be a form of escape from our male lives. But how many of you feel as I do that being dressed makes everything a lot simpler?
    [SIZE="2"]Exactly – I dress to escape my male-ness. I dress to cover up the male with layers of effeminacy. He’s still there, but the clothes express something important, namely the fact that I actively turn away from traditional male characteristics, forms of behavior, and expectations. I’m like this – the clothes do not make me effeminate, but it’s very easy to choose between male clothes (and what they represent) and the alternative, namely clothes NOT designed for males. Whether it makes everything a lot simpler is a moot point – I need to express myself this way, even though I may complicate my life in the process… [/SIZE]

Most people drink or get high to wash their worries away. I get pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Chun-Li View Post
    Let's take this a step further, how many people like to read a good book and have a nice cup of coffee while reading? Isn't this also an escape? Browse the internet, watch a show on television, write to a friend: aren't these also ways of escaping? Nothing at wrong with ANY of this.

HUGE escape from all of the stress of my career, but I enjoy being my male side. Although, it is also very exciting for me to be Jessica. After I am done dressing, I instantly feel relaxed. I think its the time you spend focusing on how you look and not all of the other things going on in your life. It helps me alot!!
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I honestly cannot transform to Tina when my male self has issues that need addressing. For us, Tina has always been an adventure centered around understanding who Tina is, what role she has played in my life (before we knew she existed), and what role she will continue to play in my life. My wife and I are convinced that Tina needs time to understand herself, time to grow, and time to be feminine. There is a possibility that once a lot is known about her that the adventure will cease. However, I don't think that will happen. The fact is that Tina has begun do develop her own personality, and it is markedly different from my male side. Maybe that sounds a bit odd, but we already know that Tina is incredibly fastideous, and a couple of times when some very detailed tasks needed to be accomplished my wife suggested a visit from Tina. Incredibly, Tina polished off those tasks with ease as she was able to concentrate on the details in ways that my male self just doesn't seem to be able to accomplish often.

In writing this it seems that I've been able to summarize that in the almost 6 years of her existence it has come to pass that she already has a bit of a separate life and a role to play. It's not an excape....it's life!

tina

I was so impressed by the responses to my thread. It was just a thought that ran through my head. There are so many good intelligent people in our group and that's why I enjoy coming here and bring with you all

I tried thinking it out, but gave up. I just enjoy dressing when I can. I no longer fret about it and sometimes, even when I have the chance and time, I don't. My desire sort of comes in waves.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melinda G View Post
    Sure is a thrill to look in the mirror and see a nice looking woman in a short dress, with nice legs.
    I agree. And then I wonder what she is doing standing beside me in my bathroom.

But it is easy to understand why there is at least an element of escape when we do it. For most of us, our femme self has no commitments. Now we can take on our male commitments while we are dressed, but it is probably far more common to just set them aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Chun-Li View Post
    That really speaks out to me. As you may guess from my pic, I have always used food as a way to deal with stress and worries. Except when I allow myself to dress. Then I lose weight, because just the feel of sliding on a favorite dress brings me peace.

Escaping? Yes, most definitely, in the most wonderful sense of the word.

<3

There must be something to this escape thing. That little voice in my head shuts up, my mind clears and suddenly I can accomplish things. Chun-li was right on. Others drink, I get pretty.

I does seem to be a bit of an escape for me also. All the pressures of being the man of the house, just sort of get lifted off my brain for the short time that I get to dress. I can totally relax and just be the person that I am.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I am drawn to those things that fuel my crossdressing desires. I love to make up, and I love high heels, so full-blown complete transformation crossdressing does it all for me. I don't do it to escape, but when dressed, I don't think about much else. Like I said about dressing for stress relief, I believe that escaping is a by-product of my crossdressing, not a cause.

Thing's do seem to be a lot better for me when I'm able to dress. Less stress, better attitude, funner to be around, enjoying myself and what life has to offer. I like this side of me.

I've never known why I started in the first place. Wasted a lot of time trying to figure it out. And there's no chance that I'd ever be able to stop.

I accepted that this is who I am a long time ago.

Nicole

Oh NO I am not a woman.
    For me I just plain enjoy it. I am much more comfortable while dress. I do not want to change things that I enjoy.

Escaping? I only wish I could escape more often. Hee,hee.

there's an old argument that was once offered by the mental health community that crossdressing was a way for men to escape male responsibilities, to shed the role of 'provider' for a time, to accept a more submissive role. The problem is that this kind of argument minimizes the stresses and demands of being a woman. Like many in this forum, I've given up trying to over analyze.

Banned Read only

Welcome Home, Brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Lee View Post
    I am a vietnam Veteran who has PTSD.
    Dressing helps to take me away from my memories of nam.
    Dressing seems to make me a softer gentler person.
    I feel I am hiding my male self from the world.
    I am in the same situation. I was in the infantry in Nam (I Corp), wounded twice, medivaced the second time. I attend individual and group counseling on a weekly basis. I was a cross dresser before military service, but, with a hate for who I was and with only sexual motivation. Now I love slipping into that June Cleaver dress and heels and relaxing in the house or backyard. I completely forget my male side and anything associated with it. Cross dressing is a viable alternative to relieving stress, rather than using injurious drugs or engaging in risky behavior.

Anyway, welcome home brother!