Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doctors visits

Quote Originally Posted by AKAMichelle View Post
    I don't think it would matter. Personally I am planning on going to the dentist and optometrist next time dressed. I just love to do things like this.
    doctor knows. receptionist knows. I'm with michele. dentist might as well be in the loop too.
    regent,

This winter I fell on the ice, wound up with a concussion, and lower back injury. I had to go to the ER and naturally, had X-Rays on the lower back. Well off came the pants revealing a nice pair of white lacy panties for the viewing of the male X-Ray Techs. One of them said "Let me move this sheet to provide some modesty." Nothing else was said. They were professional and I learned any embarrassment of the moment passes and becomes no big deal. It was only in my mind.

Hugs,

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

Thanks to all the replies I am going to wear a nice shade of pink nail polish on my toes. I am taking the step. My wife is so happy I am making the step too.

I wear panties 24/7. I used to have a couple of pairs of male underwear for doctor's appointments and the like. However, one of the last times I went in for a check-up, I had forgotten I had the appointment! I'd gotten so used to wearing panties all the time that I went w/o even thinking. Then it happened! All was going well until he decided to check my abdomen, below the belt line! He didn't say anything, though I did see a little bit of embarrassment on his face. I was wearing a pair of pale blue panties w/ little flowers on them. Also, the the fancy band that said Hanes her way, might have given it away! LOL

As for toes....That happened once in the ER. Luckily, my wife made light of it with the doctor and the nurse.

The end result: I used to be embarrassed, but now, I figure....Whatever! Life is too short.

Terri

one would have to own male clothes to first be able to wear male clothes to anywhere.....

I have worn panties and nail polish to my eye doctor a couple of times. I would have found it strange if she asked me to take off my dress so as to see my panties
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

No need to worry at all. They have seen it all and as professionals they will say nothing, nor in most cases even care. I have been to the doctor 6 times in the past two weeks for bandages and inspection of large blisters on my feet. Toe nails painted each time and no comment other than one nurse who wanted to know the color I was wearing and where I got the polish.

I sprained my ankle really bad at work, they sent me to see a doctor. I totally forgot my nails were groomed and polished until I was waiting for my name to be called. I got so nervous! When they saw my foot I told them my GF wants to work at a salon and that I let her practice on me. They didn't care they were only concerned with my injury. I am sure they have seen things a million times more weird.

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    I'm a little nervous about dressing in front of the doctor myself. Back in the early nineties I got an angioplasty that failed. They shaved my lower region for the operation. A week later I was right back in the hospital for the same thing. When the tech went to shave me again he freaked out since I was bare down there even thou the hospital had done it to me just a week before. So now I always look for male cloths to wear to anything medical, it just makes me nervous now. I know the doctors do not care but the support people make me nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by prettytoes View Post
    I heard a story about a guy that was involved in an accident and was taken to the er. When the Dr removed his shoe, his pink toenails were out for all to see. The Dr exclaimed "nice toes", to which the burly man replied a muffled "thanks", and got extremely red. When the nurse stepped out, the Dr took off his shoe and showed the man his red toenails! It's more common than you think, however, I don't have the nerve to let anyone see it other than my great & wonderful wife!
    Hi PrettyToes,

If you get pedicures I would suggest that you show them off by wearing open toe sandals. I have been doing this is male mode for several years. Whenever I'm not at work, I wear women's open toe sandals and my toenails are always some shade of bright red or hot pink. Most of the time, they are OPI Big Apple Red. It is a really liberating experience to wear your toenails polished in male mode and is really no different that having tattoos or earrings. You really should give it a try.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Recently saw a car crash. As I am helping the firefighters literally pull one out of the window of a completely demolished car, saw it was a guy in skirt and heels. No wig, and wearing a male top. Surprising thing......not one single firefighter/medic/cop or even bystander laughed or made a comment. Stops being so funny when something like that happens. People are tollerant when they allow themselves to comprehend simple logic.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

I have worn panties to my last three dr. visits, two have been my annual check up and i had to disrobe. I also went to my dermatologist and she had me strip to my underwear ( which were light blue panties with bows and lace) so her and her assistant could check my entire body for sun damaged skin spots. all she had to say was, those are cute

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Hi Jan love the new name i wear panties all the time even to the docs,Only recently I visited my Doctor and when I sat down the first thing he said to me was "so I see your still a man,you not a woman now".A dozen years ago i went to him to get referred to someone about my Crossdressing,what a memory Doc Singh has got LOL

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Even in my most drab mode, I always wear panties and women's trouser socks, keep my toenails polished, wear long acrylics on my fingers, am shaved from the neck down, and have some femme tattoos and piercings. Every doctor I've seen for the last 14 years or so (including four surgeries and one 9-day stint in the hospital) has seen all of this, and the most anyone has ever said was, "love your ink," or "what's the name of that nail polish?" It's just not an issue if it doesn't affect your health.

- Diane

I wear panties and nail polish 24/7-365! I always carry my purse into the doctors office!

I only wear panties, but when I have a dr.'s appointment, I will wear my plain nylon or cotton panties. For my physicals, they have me strip to just my underwear and provide a gown. For some parts of the process though, the gown is raised so my panties are clearly visible. I've never yet had a comment from my doc (female). I did have a panic a couple weeks ago though, as I had to go and get a persistant cough checked out. Thinking that I wouldn't be undressing for that, I was wearing my nicer panties that have a lacey waistband. The doc had my remove my shirt to listen to my breathing, and I realised after that when I pulled my shirt off (it was tucked into my pants), the waistband pulled up above my pants! I'm sure the doc must have noticed, but if she did it didn't show - no comments were made. I was a bit embarrassed though! As others have said, I'm sure they've all seen it before, so it's not a big deal. Still, I think from now on, I'll be wearing my plain panties for ANY visit!

Last year I was having a lot of pain in my calf muscles so my doc sent me to an imaging center to have the arteries scanned. I'm thinking to myself they will do the doppler thing on my calves so it would be safe to wear my favorite panties underneath my shorts. When I got there the technician (a very cute girl) ask me "are you wearing boxers or briefs?" I about had a heart attack right then and their. I said briefs, and she said well good, you can leave them on, take your shorts off and cover up with this sheet. She checked my arteries from my big toe all the way to my groin! She tucked a small towel around my panties to keep the lubrication from getting on them. I had no doubt she knew I was wearing panties but she didn't bat an eye. She was very professional and friendly.

My wife and I both are shaved in the private area and neither of us have ever had a single comment from our doctors. I don't think my doc would even think twice if I happen to be wearing panties at my physical. I will find out pretty soon as I have my annual scheduled in June.

I have always gone to the doctors in full drab, but for the last 18 months my legs have been shaved. For the last couple visits, my nails have been buffed to a high shine, but no color. So far no comments or looks.

Jaydee

Went to my Chiropractor today dressed as Sally. The DC had never seen me en femme before but she recognized me right away and did not have a problem with the way I was dressed. It did make it difficult for me to position myself on the treatment table but she was very patient. MY back feels much better now. I had previously re-scheduled treatments because of what I was wearing. Not necessary now.

Silver Member
    Speaking from a professional point of view, doctors and nurses have seen FAR stranger things than woman's panties on you.

Not only that, but we just don't care. And with today's assembly line health care system, doctors and nurses don't have any time to spend wondering about your choice of clothes. Insurance companies alow only 10 minutes per patient with 5 minutes between. So a physician is expected to see 4 patients per hour.

Do we even think about what color your panties are? Nope. It's just, "Take off your clothes, put on this paper thingy, and hop up on the table."

Stephie

Banned Read only
    I dont care. Maybe I should. I get some weird looks!!

I guess I'm to old to get beyond my self consciousness. For any doctor appointment I consider what clothing I might have to remove and prepare accordingly. If all goes well I only see my GP once a year for the annual physical. He has been our family doc for over thirty years and I see him in the super market occasionally so I'm not interested in surprising him with lacy underwear. My normally shinny toe nails are also dulled down for the visit and I'll usually grow back a bit of underarm hair just for plausible deniability. The oncologist appointment (I've known him for 29 years)earns a bit more underarm hair because I know I'll get felt up in that area. I wish I was as open as you girls but I just don't have it in me to get beyond my secret dressing.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Don't feel bad, Tess; you are not alone. I go 1-2X a year and see no sense in rocking the boat.

I always go to the doc in male mode, the only time a doc said anything to me was one time when I had a pair of mens nlyon red briefs and his comment was nice red underware as we were finish up??????

Today I went to the doctor wearing a Hawaiian shirt, denim skirt, and sandals. I had clear nail polish on my fingernails and black nail polish on my toenails, and I have my legs, arms, and chest shaved. I had rouge and lipstick on. I have a natural bust line.

My underpants are men's Hanes briefs that I wear all the time. I have Hanes Her Way panties but I hardly ever wear them. So I don't wear panties to doctor's appointments.

Nobody gave me any strange looks and I was sir'ed while I was there, which is quite OK for me. For me it doesn't matter if I get sir'ed or ma'am'ed at all.

Health professionals have seen it all; don't worry what you wear when you visit a doctor's office.

I am going to have a physical next month; the last thing I want is for the suggestion to have breast reduction, of which I would naturally have to decline. If that were to be brought up I might say if I had the money I would want breast augmentation instead!

I don't want a record of coming into the doctor's office with a masculine presentation - if I ever work up the nerve to ask for estrogen treatment it would be a lot more creditable if I have a record of having a feminine presentation.

Johanna
    Last edited by JohnH; 04-27-2011 at 01:31 PM.
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him