View Poll Results: If there were "cures" for TG conditions, which one would you take?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay as I am--I dont need a "Cure".

47 47.47%
  • Adjust my mind to accept my Male body.

8 8.08%
  • DNA asjust my Body to match my female mind.

44 44.44%

Thread: Which "Cure" would you take?--and why?

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar

Which "Cure" would you take?--and why?

Supose at a future time, Two "cures" for transgenderisim became available. One would be a kind of drug (one treatment) that would make you perfectly happy with your male body. The other option would be a DNA process that would turn your body into a real, functional female.

Would you reject treatment of your condition, and go on as you are, or would you chose one of the two available "cures"? If so which one, and why?

Personally, I would go on as I am---I can be male or fem whenever I want to, The latter being a source of fun that I would lose if I chose first cure, and never being able to be my real male self again if I chose the second.
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 09-28-2005 at 10:27 PM.

I would go with the one that makes me a happy male with no trace of CD whatsoever.
    Merry

HRT since 2009

You know, I don't see myself as "old", but the body is ageing.

If I was young enough to have children, I'd go for the DNA cure for the express purpose of finding a good man, marrying, and making beautiful babies. Oh I'd still be this geek girl, but girl definitely. I could finally be a Mom, potentially anyway.

Were I to have this choice today, I'd no longer be young enough to have kids. If I did anything, it would be the DNA cure. Otherwise I'd stay as I am - gender confused. I wouldn't want to be unambiguously male. It's not me.
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

I think I'm having trouble with the word "cure". It implies some kind of disease or illness.

I don't think that 99% of any kind of transexualism is a disease or illness, even though it may be unacceptable for some members of society. I believe it may actual be a natural state of affairs.

I suspect that there is a range of transexualism that runs throughout the general population with some of us 100% male and some of us 100% female. The rest of us are transgendered to some degree.

I for one enjoy my transgendered feelings and activities and have no desire to change them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I also object to the term "cure". Crossdressing is not a condition to be "cured". There are solutions to the problems created by crossdressing. The ones listed in the poll could be considered as that, for those that are unhappy with their current condition. Personally, I see my tendency to crossdress as a blessing rather than a curse. I don't want to get rid of the desire and if I magically became genetically female, I would probably just become an FTM crossdresser. I enjoy exploring both worlds.
    Phoebe

GypsyKaren
    I don't think I need a cure for anything, as I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. That being said, I wouldn't change a thing about myself. After years and years of self denial, I have finally learned how to love myself as is. I'm quite happy where I'm at in life, and get to do all that I care to. Life is good.

GypsyKaren

Smile Uproariously happy all the time.

Happy being me, happy with my body.. (working on it), happy with my umm...err..... well, happy in that way too.

Added to that, I like being able to read road-maps

XX

Jayme.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brooks
    You know, I don't see myself as "old", but the body is ageing.

If I was young enough to have children, I'd go for the DNA cure for the express purpose of finding a good man, marrying, and making beautiful babies. Oh I'd still be this geek girl, but girl definitely. I could finally be a Mom, potentially anyway.

Were I to have this choice today, I'd no longer be young enough to have kids. If I did anything, it would be the DNA cure. Otherwise I'd stay as I am - gender confused. I wouldn't want to be unambiguously male. It's not me.
    [SIZE=5] [SIZE=6]Christina Jonien [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]...
    [SIZE=5]......................Tiamo[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]...........[/SIZE]

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernadina
    I think I'm having trouble with the word "cure". It implies some kind of disease or illness. . . .
    . . .
    I for one enjoy my transgendered feelings and activities and have no desire to change them.

Thats why I put "CURE" in quotes. Not everyone considers it a "disorder" or dysfunction. I prefer to use the term "Condition" or 'state of being', myself.

I too enjoy my TG condition, minor that it is (escapist CD) its a source of fun and stress releif that most guys do not have access to. I wouldn't want to lose that.

Aspiring Member
    Hello Marina this is an easy one to answer

Change my body to match my female mind...............oh yes please

love mand xxx

Seems to me that anyone choosing to change anything would want to because they are at dis-ease with the way they are.

No no changes required here I am quite at ease with who I am.
    Don't put your life on hold waiting for the world to made right.

I don't feel I need a "cure" since all of this is part of who I am. I find the other side of the fence intriguing and is something most males will never experience. I have always felt that if men had to spend a certain amount of time as a woman they'd be more in tune with them. I like how my life has turned out and I wouldn't change a thing.

I will definitely take the DNA to adjust my body to fit my female side.
    If the DNA could give me a womb, fallopian tubes whatsoever that lets me bear a child or go through periods. All the better. Even with all the complications of females have to go through, I would still feel better emotionally in a female body than in a male body.

Platinum Member
    i went with the dna thingy but in most ways it's kinda wrong see i don't need to be cured as i am not sick.....

I didn't pick any, I'm not ill so I don't need to be cured.

I guess...

....I'm not in any way I'll so i don't need a cure (said by many previously) but if i had to pick one it would be No.3. make my body female.

Hugs
    Michelle xxx

Tough call

If I wasnt married with kids and would really become a woman, sign me up. If however the only thing to change would be my sex, then no ... tari

Julie

the misfits speak!

Quote Originally Posted by Shy Aubrey
    I would go with the one that makes me a happy male with no trace of CD whatsoever.
    Same here. Although this site has been a godsend in helping me understand the cd thing(which is currently in remission) and has helped me let go of feeling like a guilty pervert, I would love to be free of it forever.When it strikes and I surrender to the femme side (once or twice a year) I am thrilled to imagine being female, and maybe it helps me understand the feminine psyche a bit better, but I don't think it actually helps me relate any better or really empathize with women ( I wish it did), and I don't share any of the interest in female midsets and activities(shopping, for instance, just kill me!) that many of you appear to. When I'm in male mode, which is about 99% of the time, I don't miss cding at all. So for me, the CD-be-gone pill would do it.

Thankful To Be A GIRL!!! tgirlkari's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernadina
    I think I'm having trouble with the word "cure". It implies some kind of disease or illness.

I don't think that 99% of any kind of transexualism is a disease or illness, even though it may be unacceptable for some members of society. I believe it may actual be a natural state of affairs.

I suspect that there is a range of transexualism that runs throughout the general population with some of us 100% male and some of us 100% female. The rest of us are transgendered to some degree.

Bernadina I'm with you on this one. I have no illness or disease and need no cure. I am Kari And I love me I don't see why I should have to change when its the rest of the world that has the problem with seeing what they are not used too and need to get over it!
    life with love will have some thorns but life without love will have no roses
    Live happy girls
    Kari

Everyone is jumping at the word, "CURE," but I think what Marina meant was: "If you could lose your desire to Dress, would you?" OR "If you could take a DNA pill to make you totally female, would you?" OR "Are you happy just the way you are?"

Another word that people jump on is "Label," so indulge me if I use the word to figure out where I fit in with myself.

It seems to me, through reading these and other threads, that, although I think of myself as a CD, my desire to "Take the DNA pill in a second!" places me in a different category than those CD's who are content with dressing occassionally, or even all the time, but would not want to give up their maleness. I respect that.

But at the same time, I understand that there is no way that I could ever truly end my male life and begin a new one as a woman. And I have great admiration and respect for those TS's who go through all that they have to go through to make their bodies equal to their mind.

In summary, reading this has led me to classify myself as a TG/CD+/TS- .....I think.

I guess that means Door #3.

Jacqui

become a GG

I would definately become a girl. I like shopping, hate sports, wish I could be get pregnant, like girl talk, and my mom thinks of me as a girl anyway.

I think it's nice to be a girl once in a while ....

... but it would be better to be one all the time!

Donna

I don't think there really is a "cure" for what "ails" us.
    I just like the feeling of freedom and relaxation i get when dressed.
    If it doesn't hurt others why would any of us girls want to stop completely, i know i won't.
    Just my pennies worth, luv ya, Gale.

Would love to have a genetic female body. A body that matches my mind, my wants, my desires, etc. I would still be the athletic type that I am now, but as a woman, with my hair in a ponytail

Wanna be a girl. Ibuki_Warpetal's Avatar
    I'm perfectly happy with my male body but changing sex sounds really exciting. I'd undergo the process. No reason not to.
    The last name is Warpetal.
    That should have been your first clue.
    No regrets.
    WHEN YOU FIGHT YOU CAN LOSE
    BUT WHEN YOU GIVE UP YOU'VE ALREADY LOST.