Thread: A question for our U.K. sisters...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A question for our U.K. sisters...

With the frenzy over Kate and Will's upcoming nuptials now moving into high gear across the pond, has all that focus on fashion and the speculation over who will be wearing what had any significant influence on your own desire to crossdress in your best finery?

Better yet, has this stirred up any latent urges to adorn your heads with a "fascinator", or else an ornate, over-sized hat of the type often favoured by both the female members of the royal family as well as British high society in general?

Not personally in terms of dress, my cousin however will be wearing her best most probably

Personally although I do wish them well and a long and happy marriage I'm a little whizzed off with the whole thing at the moment, every time you put the television on somebody is going on about the wedding in some way or another like showing an empty press stand and some twit standing there saying this is "where the press will be" no s--t sherlock, so I'm in danger of royal wedding overload long before the day, Grump over !!
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I'm afraid that the only impact that the wedding of a bloke who can't get a job outside the family business to a woman who couldn't hold down a job outside of hers will have on me is that I will get overtime for working on that day. With luck I can shield myself from all the hysteria whilst I am at work.

I am not even impressed by Ms Middleton's famed "natural look", which is created by a make-up artist at a cost of hundreds of pounds per week.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

No thoughts of a hat or any clothes relating to today...

Spent most of day away from TV - my NHS team was closed had been given B/H

I think our friends in the colonies and maybe the rest of the world have a strange idea about our affection for royalty

That deferrence and obedience is much reduced but 'they' can wash up nice and put on a good show for special occesions and for the the tourists...

Silver Member
    It is funny, I know a few folks in the UK and all of them said they have nothing but contempt for the whole thing. From an American viewpoint, I'd feel exactly the same way if I were them; the appeal of a monarchy is beyond me.

Quite frankly, I couldnt care less about the whole thing. what people wear there will have no influence on me - unless the queen turns up in a pvc catsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloise View Post
    Quite frankly, I couldnt care less about the whole thing. what people wear there will have no influence on me - unless the queen turns up in a pvc catsuit.
    Now that would be something to report about.

Jeannie

It doesn't matter if you like the Royals or not, watching the build up to the wedding on TV and seeing all the ladies looking so very beautiful made me long to be there in my finest dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloise View Post
    Well, considering that Prince Harry showed up in a Nazi uniform at a wild party not too long ago and the tabloids had a field day with that, never say "never".

I've just been to see a favourite UK comedian of mine who will be unknown over the pond, Jeremy Hardy... now please take this in the spirit of black comedy with a hint of truth... but as he put it...

Someone you don't know from a family you don't know and with no friends or interests in common with your own gets married to someone else you and none of your family, friends and acquaintances know, in a church nowhere near you and neither you nor anybody you know is invited to the wedding... seriously, why would you be interested? Would they be interested in yours? Given that we taxpayers are contributing to the costs of this I don't remember the royal family dipping into their wallets when I got married!

There is a lot of media hype as there always is when the rich and powerful do something that they want lots of media hype over, and that hype fuels the mania that ensues from those who should know better so it takes on a life form all of its own. My mother is organising a party for the fellow residents of her apartment block - a marquee, champagne and nibbles, but it is really just an excuse to have a "do"! In the UK, we seem to need excuses to let our hair down and say hello to our neighbours. Then it will all be over and we can get back to our normal lives... which will now seem much richer because the silliness will be all over!

Honestly, I have nothing against the couple and hope they live happily ever after, but will it remotely affect my life? Well it is costing us as taxpayers when we can't affford it, so I will be paying more in taxes as a result... Is it an excuse to buy a new frock and a silly hat? If I was going then probably yes! I guess I could dress up, sip some fizzy wine and watch it on the box... but I suspect I will use the bank holiday to do something a little more useful.

Sorry for the negative viewpoint, but a massive number of Brits I know feel like this!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Honestly, I have nothing against the couple and hope they live happily ever after, but will it remotely affect my life? Well it is costing us as taxpayers when we can't affford it, so I will be paying more in taxes as a result... Is it an excuse to buy a new frock and a silly hat? If I was going then probably yes! I guess I could dress up, sip some fizzy wine and watch it on the box... but I suspect I will use the bank holiday to do something a little more useful.

Sorry for the negative viewpoint, but a massive number of Brits I know feel like this!
    I agree with you Kaz, I am one of those Brits that feel this way, I will enjoy the day off however.
    Christine
    Happiness is not doing the things one likes to do, but liking the things one has to do.

hi i can have the day off but i want to work the road will be empty and i can get to work quicker and home quicker and yes the bl##dy inland revenue (tax man) wiil got most of it to fund the wedding . i don't know why they cannot use ther own money. but dear of them they love each other .oyes dear to us to . sorry but money is a bit tight love deanna b

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    There is a lot of media hype as there always is when the rich and powerful do something that they want lots of media hype over, and that hype fuels the mania that ensues from those who should know better so it takes on a life form all of its own. My mother is organising a party for the fellow residents of her apartment block - a marquee, champagne and nibbles, but it is really just an excuse to have a "do"!
    This is very funny as my mother-in-law, a very proper little old lady, plans to have some of her friends over to watch the wedding on TV. Dressed up, etc., as above. We all had dinner together last night and she asked if she could watch at our house as we have a larger TV. My wife automatically said "yes" until I shot her a knowing look and she retracted. We smiled at each other and I almost couldn't finish the meal as I was holding back laughter!

You see, Friday is a day off of work for me and a "Debby day." My mother-in-law is a very sweet woman and I'm sure would be OK with my CD'ing when she learns of it! I had this mental picture of coming down the stairs in my wedding day finery and popping down on the sofa with her and her friends!

Somehow, I think the only words she could get out would be "Oh my!"

Cheers,
    Debby

Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    This is very funny as my mother-in-law, a very proper little old lady, plans to have some of her friends over to watch the wedding on TV. Dressed up, etc., as above. We all had dinner together last night and she asked if she could watch at our house as we have a larger TV. My wife automatically said "yes" until I shot her a knowing look and she retracted. We smiled at each other and I almost couldn't finish the meal as I was holding back laughter!

You see, Friday is a day off of work for me and a "Debby day." My mother-in-law is a very sweet woman and I'm sure would be OK with my CD'ing when she learns of it! I had this mental picture of coming down the stairs in my wedding day finery and popping down on the sofa with her and her friends!

Somehow, I think the only words she could get out would be "Oh my!"

Cheers,
    Debby
    Debby, that is such a picture you just painted! Wonderful..
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I dont think what Kate will be wearing will influence my decisions in the slightest

It will be nice too see what all the other ladies are wearing to the wedding

Had and invitation arrived at my door then it would have been really interesting and a lot of fun deciding what to wear
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations