Thread: Visit to sister in laws

Visit to sister in laws

My sister inlaw and her daughter (30's) found out about my cding about 3 years ago. I sort of came out to her, my wife was pissed.. I don't think my sister in law cared for it due to religious concerns (catholic) Nothing else was said and I would go for holiday dinners at her house with her and her daughter (husband died) and my wife.

Now three years later I go for Easter dinner, I am wearing bra, panties, tight black boot leg pants, and a dress shirt not tucked in, I have both my ear rings in and long arylic nails and thin arched eyebrows as always.. Anyway, when I was leaving I said "I thought you would be wearing an Easter dress not pants, I would have worn my Easter dress but I don't think you would have approved". She said thats ok sweetie you can wear a dress next time.. She also referred to me as "girl"

The question is, has this opened the door for me to go to her house on Mother Day and thanksgiving and Chrristmas in a dress ????

I think as long as your wife is okay with it, go for it. It sounds to me like an open invitation! I think it takes time for people to adjust but once they do, they will surprise you with their acceptance.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

It appears the door is opening.

Actually, I think you are right Danni, it just probably takes time.. When I went to my 45th high school re-union and came out, my high school girlfriend was helping me, we sent out an advance e-mail explaining my being trans genered.. I think this was a big help, I had no problem at reunion. In a dress standing there with 3 other female classmates, all wearing sandals and having painted toe nails, talk about a great experience

Follow your dream.
    You said your wife was pissed last time you did something unexpected. Unless she is ok with you going in a dress, then understand that this is actually more about your wife than your SIL.

Be careful. You may get caught in a revolving door. Maybe a phone call is in order before your next visitation.

The door is open but calling first is a great idea. Oh by the way, there is nothing in the teachings of the Catholic church that prohibits crossdressing.
    Dana Fleming

Quote Originally Posted by insearchofme View Post
    The door is open but calling first is a great idea. Oh by the way, there is nothing in the teachings of the Catholic church that prohibits crossdressing.
    I am catholic. I talked with my priest & he said it's OK as long as it doesn't cause you to sin.

As for the OP question, A phone call may be in order, just to be sure and if you do go, be conservatitve, skirts below the knees and blouses that don't show cleavage. Also, KEEP YOUR WIFE INFORMED. Don't assume she gets your hints either.
    Last edited by Kim_Bitzflick; 04-25-2011 at 11:33 AM.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Silver Member
    I don't know about mother's day. You may not meet the criteriea.

Thanks for all the good answers, especially about the church and as phone casll might be order to my sisiter in law omce I get the nerve to ask my wife.

Joan,
    don't worry about your sister-in-law's Catholicism at all. As a Catholic who teaches those wanting to convert, I can tell you there is nothing in our religious beliefs that says that CDing is evil or sinful. Also, we teach (not that all listen) that it is not our job to judge anyone. So the response you got is probably very genuine. It may have taken a bit for her to get used to the idea but, with the caveats noted above, go for it.

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Danni Renee's GG SO Deana ♥ Danni's Avatar
    I agree, I think as long as your wife is alright with it, go for it I think that maybe the s-i-l just needed a little time to get used to it. To me, if she is referring to you as a girl that is totally a good sign!! Good luck with asking your wife! ~~ Deana ♥ Danni

Platinum Member
    it seems to me that she invited you to dress next time. So, if you're wife is agreeable, why not!