Thread: A quote

A quote

I heard a new quote today that to me helps exemplify why some SO's accept their TG's spouse (BF, lover whatever you wish to say).

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."
    - Sam Keen
    So many here make a big deal about how their SO dislikes them when they dress or even bring up dressing. To me, that isn't really love (and usually there is a lot more to the story). When you love someone. of course it starts physical, but it should and does grow into more. You see in the inner person. None of us, well except Rachel Welch..she is still hot, stays the same. We grow, we change. We all do. Being a TG isn't something you become, it is something you are. And by hiding it from your SO, you really are not showing the real you. Yes, I know, it is hard to step out. There are places I still won't go dressed even though most of them are just my own fear. But they say love is blind. The one person you should let se "you" is the person you love. And when you are honest, early on in your relationship, they can see the whole person.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Lorileah, I want to be the first to respond positively to your message. Perhaps I'm biased in my opinion because my wife's response was "that's nothing!" when I told her about my crossdressing. She told me she loves the whole "me". She posed this question: "You didn't really think I'd have a problem with it, did you? After all, I love you." What she said is what you're saying. Thanks for your post.

Gold Member
    Both of the above responders are quite correct in what they say.
    My wife says that she married me for all that I am, and the dressing does not
    bother her; As long as I do not embarrass her. She even points out dresses it the catalogs that
    I might like, or she would like to see me in. I am to much built like a lumber jack to go out of the
    House/Closet. But I do go out under-dresses, and in fem jeans, and with forms when possible.
    When I sometimes get a little cranky, she tells me "Go Put On Your Bra"; I guess when I am dressed,
    I am a little calmer.
    Rader

Accepted by me and mine Andrea's Lynne's Avatar
    What a wonderful thought!!! Thanks so much for posting!

My amazing bride and I were having a bit of fun, in matching french maids outfits, and she said something that exemplifies your post .... it was something like this, "This may sound a bit weird, (keep in mind that we are both in high heels, stockings and garter belts, maids uniforms, and petticoats) but you seem like more of a man to me right now than ever before! I'm so glad you are willing to share this part of you with me! Thank you for being so open with me."

Well, I'm here to tell you that she brought tears to my eyes, and I feel blessed beyond measure to get to spend my life with her. She's an absolute angel!!! And I make sure to show her, in thought, word, and deed how I feel about her at every chance (for example, she's been away for a few days .... and when she gets home, she'll find a new flowery dress hanging on her side of the bedroom). I look forward to seeing her in it when I take her out to dinner next weekend.

Thanks for the post, Lorileah
    Love

Lynne

My SO is incredibly accepting, supportive, and encouraging. She tells me I should dress en femme as much as possible, and at least underdress all the time. She comes to my place every day, and when she puts her arms around me, if she doesn't feel bra staps, she's disappointed. And when she shows up here and I'm dressed as Krystal, she's tickled pink and always has me walk around so she can watch me and compliment me on my choice of outfits. She's definiely a keeper.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

What a great qoute. Im sure once life settles down my wife will accept everything.

Platinum Member
    This is absolutely true. My SO (wife) knows, accepts and supports me as a whole person. And honestly, being a CD is far from the most difficult part of living with me!

Gold Member
    Well, we are all different. We love in different ways and we marry for different reasons sometimes. But this philosophy definitely fits mine. We change all the time but I don't want to change my life partner because of that.

Gold Member
    That's a true statement no matter who the two individuals are in the relationship. If you can't be honest and true to the one you're committed to (and hopefully in love with), how can one expect the same in return. Nice thoughts sis...