My roommate is trying to transition. The only problem is that she lives next door to her landlords. They are a 60 year old married couple straight off the boat from Greece a few years back. She has come out to her family, but won't go outside dressed to do yardwork or go to the store. I'm further along then she is and I left my family in January so that I could live full time as a female. The problem is that she is paranoid and won't let me be outside if I look too female.

She thinks that her landlords will kick her out if they see her or myself dressed. It's upsetting to both of us. For one, I spent weeks homeless just so I could pursue this and now I'm trapped again. And she hates having to ask me to tone it down and not be able to dress herself.

I think she is being paranoid. The rent is month to month with no lease. By law can the landlords kick her out if they don't like her sexuality?

If they wanted to kick her out and get around any law couldn't they make up a different reason or raise the rent by a lot to force her out?

I guess I'm wondering what the legalities are for the situation she and I are in.

Thanks
Jen