Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I just threw out all my stuff...

Leyna, first off I here is a big . Everyone here empathizes with you. One suggestion though, maybe if you ever feel this urge again, store your stuff. Just talking from experience, and experience is expensive!!! I do hope you get the chance in the not to distant future to talk to your wife about this. You never know it may not be the end of the world.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

[SIZE=4]I hate to even think of the number of times I purged until I knew better. Fortunately I haven't in over 30 years and am much better off for not purging.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]About 4 years ago I posted a thread either here or on another forum offering to hold packages for anyone that felt that they needed to purge. The offer was for you to simply package up your stuff, ship it to me and I would hold it (just as I received it) for as long as you wished. When you wanted it returned, I would ship it back to you. To date four girls have taken me up on the offer and I have 2 of their packages still in storage. The other two realized their mistakes and I sent their packages back to them.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I am hoping the two remaining girls realize their mistake and ask for their packages back. They are not taking up much space, it is just that I feel for them, having wasted so much time and money over the years in my purges.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

Platinum Member
    Go easy on yourself. Take some time, relax and let things happen. As everyone knows, purges happen. Maybe you'll be on hiatus for weeks, months or years...or forever. It doesn't matter. All that you need to do is be happy with yourself from day to day.

i am in the same situation with my gf. she has only seen me dress for halloween parties but hates it because she sees me as a manly man.i have a dirty mans job, i am well built so when i was in my costume i did look a bit silly in a skin tight top, but she didnt seem to realise that i was extemely happy when i was dressed and i loved every minute.i have purged in the past and it made me feel great for about a day, and then i saw someone wearing some boots that were the same style as the ones i threw away and that broke my heart because only a couple of days earlier i was strutting my stuff in my back garden in those same boots.ive been where you are and its not a nice feeling.but the night is darkest before the dawn, and things will get easier with time.learn to accept yourself and maybe others including your wife will realise that dressing makes you happy.good luck sweetheart.xxx

I am me and thats the way I've always felt about my dressing. I've onbly ever purged once and thats before heading off to VN. I felt terrible about that purge because I really had some really nice things.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I have to agree with Aaron wholeheartedly. I have a very broad, muscular chest, tattoos (no, not butterflies and unicorns...lol!), and a mustache. I realize that I am certainly not fooling anyone, and that I probably look silly in a slinky cami top and miniskirt. The thing about it is, is that I don't care if I look silly...IT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD! My wife really seems to understand and appreciate that, as she has seen a complete change in my attitude; I am far happier than I was in the past. She understands this, and while she is not yet fully comfortable seeing me dressed, or hearing me talk about cute panties or a nice skirt or dress I like, she accepts this as part of me. I'm sure she will be more comfortable as time goes on. I now have my toes painted 24/7, wear panties most of the time (really can't with my job), and sleep in womens PJ's...and she is really good about it. I honestly thought I was going to lose her over this. I can't say for sure how your wife would react to you telling her, but I wish I had told mine years ago. It would have saved me a lot of money in purges, and I would have been much happier! Good luck in whatever you decide!

Geez, you should of read the purging post that was on here recently before you went and did it............

I just wanted to lend my support. Like you and so many others, I know what you are going through. I told my wife before we got married and she rejected me. I stopped for many years for her, but was unhappy. We are working on it now and things are better. Hang in there, and remember you are not alone in your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyna View Post
    Thank you for sharing, Cassandra, that was very helpful.

This isn't as much about me accepting myself as it is about her. She has had a very bad year, and I don't want to dump more stuff on her. I love her dearly, and she needs a strong man right now, not a girlfriend. And I'm going to do my best to be that.
    Hi again Leyna

I can understand why you have chosen not to dress if you are trying to help your wife overcome a bad year. I hope you both through this difficult period
    I would suggest you put your clothes out of the way so you can retrieve them at a later date.
    I would also be careful that you not dressing does not affect you in such a way that you find you are less help than you want to be.
    Some of us have been known to be grumpy and irritable when we dont dress.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Hi Leyna

I'm glad I came across this forum so I will spare myself the expense, pain, and guilt of purges.

When you restock your stash and resume your CD activities, I suggest that you do so gradually and in open view. I do NOT keep my crossdressing activities in secret at all, with my keeping my feminine clothes, makeup, and shoes in plain sight and wearing the apparel openly around the neighborhood.

Tell yourself just as women can wear men's clothes without being ashamed men should have the right to wear skirts, dresses, heels, makeup, etc without being ashamed. Also tell yourself that men's clothes have not always been so dreary and dull - at one time men wore makeup, long hair or wigs, and heels.

Take care,

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Talk to a therapist about your fears. A REAL therapist, one who is not gonna jump up & tell you can be "cured" & turned into "a real man", and not some bible-thumping closet-case minister. You'll find out this isn't a big deal.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Maybe you won't do it again. I've done it a few times and it gets expensive. I buy most of my clothes at Goodwill but I'm particular about wearing shoes or underwear that someone else has worn. I now know its a part of me thats not going away no matter what I do. Billie Jean

I struggled pretty badly with self acceptance. I never got rid of my stuff but I hid it away and tried to forget about it. I even thought I could research 12 step programs and see if I could apply it to my life. I prayed that God would take it away from me but nothing worked. Finding a support group in my area was what finally helped. I see you're in Florida. We have a lot of support here. If you'd like to talk about it please PM me.

Banned Read only
    Now repeat after me, purging is silly.
    A waste of time and money.
    The next time I purge, I will purge all my guy underwear and cut it up and use it for cleaning rags.
    A metaphor for wiping away all the memories of when I thought I was not a girl.

Just kidding! Please do work on your relationship first.

However, keep in mind that crossdressing is not something you can usually just quit. Instead of purging, pack your things away and store them somewhere. That way when the urge hits you between the eyes again, you won't need to spend thousands of dollars replacing everything.

I'm sorry you are going thought those types of feelings, To bad you can't throw out the feelings with the clothes. I've done it twice, Both times I gave up something that I couldn't replace, that was a bummer. I also found that I could go for a real long time and not dress, unfortunately, I could not do it without becoming a person I didn't like. Moody, resentful, bitter and depressed, but I knew how to cure that, I now own a wardrobe as large, or larger than my wifes. Fortunately when I did tell the wife she, accepted me just the way I am, and I even learned to accept myself, and now enjoy wearing what I want most of the time. But the point is tossing the clothes is just the beginning, you have to find a way to throw out the desire, or you will not be happy, or you go back to dressing and feel like you failed, and thats not good.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Hi, I just wanted to say that now that you have purged all of your things, and as you have read so far, almost everyone has at least once you can say that dressing is in your past. (although it is physically in your past only) The issues you seem to have is that your wife will find out. I have an idea for you to find out how this purge has helped you not hindered or stopped you from dressing, but rather a road to dressing and all the enjoyment you have found plus so much more. You could talk tothe wife sometime about how you have something to tell her. Something that is in your past, but you want her to know about it, and would like her thoughts about the situation. Then tell her that as a young guy you enjoyed x y z (what ever you want to open up to her) and that you even had purchased item (items) and enjoyed them, but you were afraid that it would upset you and make you feel bad, when I was only doing it because it made me feel so good. I cannot bear thinking of you being upset so I got rid of those things and just want you to know that nothing has changed, but I wanted you to know and I love you to the point of pointing out something that I have had to hide all my life. I feel so much better now that you know. Let it go at that. Let it just sit, and in a little while when you see something comment on it to her about how you think that would feel to wear that. If she is okay with all of that, and not threatened , she may inform you that it would be okay for you to wear panties ...and then the door is open and slowly adding things, as you are more apreciative of her love shown to you, you MUST respond with the same back to her...It is a nice spiral that MOST women love. ........... Just an idea...Hope you are happy no matter what you choose...........................Drew

I think "we" all go through this at some point. You throw it away, but you still have the feelings. Only you will know when its time to face who you really are I hope you have a good time buying new clothes and makeup.

Angry

Leyna, As you've read the posts to your thread you have had to realize that we've ALL been in your shoes at one time or another. Being the age I am I guess I've been there more times than most.

Many many times, I'd feel guilty and hate myself and say I was never going to dress again. There is no way I'd even attempt to guess how many times I've said that then thrown out all my feminine things. Later, maybe one hour, one day, one week and sometimes a month, IT would start coming back, just a little, but continues to grow and grow and all of a sudden there I was again having to replace everything. It got expensive plus my mental state was in shambles.

How was I going to rid myself of this, what if someone found out, Why do I do it? And on and on and on. The longer I lived the more it worked on my mind! Finally, I reached a point I couldn't continue down the road I was going. I had to do something.

I took some time and really thought my feelings and needs through and it came down to two points; first, I could stop or secondly,I could accept myself for what I am and STOP CONDEMNING MYSELF! Its as simple as that, however, only you can make the decision.

STOP OR EMBRACE YOURSELF. You decide and choose which one is best for you and you have to be prepared to do exactly that! Don't do it half heartedly and go back and forth between the two. Make a decision and stick to it. That decision will be with you the rest of your life so do it carefully. Take your time and really dig deep down within yourself. You can't let your roller coaster emotional ride continue or you will really have trouble.

I'm not going into details of everything I went through because it may not have any bearing on what you are going through and you have to know it is not as simple as it sounds on this post. Its hard, its gut wrenching, and possible the hardest decision you will ever make, but it has to be made!

I haven't mentioned anything about your wife. You have to include her in your decision making. How much influence should you give to her, family, friends, work and other things in your life. Don't treat any thing lightly, weigh it carefully and come to your decision.

You have friends here on this forum that want you to be happy with yourself and I'm sure all will accept what ever decision you make.

Vivian

The purge is definitely part of a long journey, and will happen a few times. We've all been there!

Banned Read only
    Leyna, we've all purged before but that will never last. While cross dressing is certainly not the norm, it is not "wrong." It is a part of who we are. I think your struggle is in not being able to tell your wife/girlfriend and that is the stress in your life. When I told my wife, I thought I was going to have a heart attack but now I am happier than I have ever been. Reach out to your SO. That is where the relief comes. Best of luck

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyna View Post
    Thank you for sharing, Cassandra, that was very helpful.

This isn't as much about me accepting myself as it is about her. She has had a very bad year, and I don't want to dump more stuff on her. I love her dearly, and she needs a strong man right now, not a girlfriend. And I'm going to do my best to be that.
    1) Can you walk away from crossdressing without feeling miserable?
    2) Will you be able to give her the help and support she needs if you're miserable inside?
    3) Is she the sort of person who doesn't care how miserable you feel so long as she gets what she needs?

Everything hinges on the answer to #1. There are CDs who can walk away from it for long periods of time without feeling the loss. If that's how you felt, there would be no problem. If that's how you felt, though, you wouldn't be crying. I understand that you love her, but your happiness matters too. You only have one life.

Thinking of you now, take care. Relax, take a step back and gather your thoughts. It maybe a while before you want to cd, you may never want to again. Just relax, and give yourself plenty of space.

Been there, done that, worn the panties.

Theres very few things in life that we should worry about, this shouldn't be one of them though. Not worth it friend.

It's not hurting anbody or against the law but I am also thinking the same as you right now and have thrown all my stuff out only to retreive it before the trash get collected.

1 miniute something tells me its wrong to be into this, the next I'm thinking life is flying by to quickly not to do something that I get enjoyment from. Hell, you could get some illness (hopfully not) which leaves you unable to x dress even if you fancied doing it one day.

If you stop x dressing now you can always look back and say, been there, done that, worn the nylon, but do it all over again. Or perhaps say RIGHT, this is the last time I get dressed up !

Be carefull who you tell though. Someone you can trust now can easily turn into some who my exopose your interest in time, this could be your wife if you told her, or a close friend.

Follow your heart, and dont worry. you'll be OK

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    ouch, I have never done this! Dont think I ever can!!

Just tell your wife when she questions you wearing a dress, and makeup, and heels, that she is no longer to wear anything but a dress amkeup and heels, and always look very girlie, when she does that you'll stop