Thread: Must have been a guardian angel.......

Must have been a guardian angel.......

Well spring has come and though I said I would never do it again, I had the urge to purge. I had everything packed up and ready to load in the truck (12 large boxes) when the phone rang and I to leave town asap for work reasons. When I returned home 4 days later, all of my beloved stuff was still there and thank god I had a change of heart while i was gone so I put it all back in the basement suite where it rightfully belongs. Don't really understand why I go through this every year at pretty much the same time but clearly someone up there was looking out for me this time around.
    When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    It's worth repeating, if you feel the urge to purge, just put the stuff somewhere safe but out of the way!
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Platinum Member
    Just shows how important it is to have a plan B. Instead of an immediate, impulsive Purge, put the stuff away in a secure place.

Your Thread ought to be in proximity with Lenya's Current Thread. Your thanking your Guardian Angel for keeping you from impulsively purging. She's feeling guilty and Perverted, has thrown out all her stuff, and just feels hopeless!

Obviously, an awful lot of how one feels about being transgendered has a lot to do your "mindset." We advise, opine, and try to help around here. But ultimately, it's up to the individual. Perhaps another will read some of this material, and start making some rational decisions.

Everyone try to Understand. "It ain't The Clothes that causes you all The Angst!" "You can't get rid of The Clothes and feel like your (cured.)" Rachel probably now understands this simple principle. Lenya has a long way to go! Good for you Rachel! Sorry for you, Lenya.

I guess that ALL of us need to work on "The Self-Acceptance Thing." Even when we attain it, perhaps we still need to "maintain" every day. Maybe, that's why a lot of us spend a lot of time around here.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Quote Originally Posted by sterling12 View Post
    "It ain't The Clothes that causes you all The Angst!" "You can't get rid of The Clothes and feel like your (cured.)"
    Amen to that!!! I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Just shows how important it is to have a plan B. Instead of an immediate, impulsive Purge, put the stuff away in a secure place.
    YUP! Only this time plan B came straight out of left field. Instead of putting my stuff away in a secure place, fate came along and put me in a secure place and I couldn't be happier about it. :-)

They look after us more than we may think Rachel.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Someone should devise a 12-Step program for us crossdressers to follow similar to what AA provides to alcoholics to help them manage their addiction, and who are continuously tempted to take that first drink.

In our case, it's the urge to purge, and we must take all necessary steps to exorcise that particular demon.

I'm glad that the angels whispered in your ear! 12 boxes? Oh, that would have been terrible, lol! Think of the shoes!!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

I think it must have something to do with spring cleaning! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by vikki2020 View Post
    I'm glad that the angels whispered in your ear! 12 boxes? Oh, that would have been terrible, lol! Think of the shoes!!
    36 pair of shoes to be exact. This would have been by far my most expensive purge ever and having said that, I hope I've finally learned my lesson because in reality, I've only felt good about purging for about a day or two and then I'm right back at it starting an entirely new collection. All I want to know is this; how can something that feels so right be considered so wrong by so many?

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sterling12 View Post

Obviously, an awful lot of how one feels about being transgendered has a lot to do your "mindset." We advise, opine, and try to help around here. But ultimately, it's up to the individual. Perhaps another will read some of this material, and start making some rational decisions.

Everyone try to Understand. "It ain't The Clothes that causes you all The Angst!" "You can't get rid of The Clothes and feel like your (cured.)" Rachel probably now understands this simple principle. Lenya has a long way to go! Good for you Rachel! Sorry for you, Lenya.

I guess that ALL of us need to work on "The Self-Acceptance Thing." Even when we attain it, perhaps we still need to "maintain" every day. Maybe, that's why a lot of us spend a lot of time around here.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    I think sterling hit the nail on the head with this response. I often thought if I got rid of my things I'd be 'cured' but I know it won't change the way I feel inside. It's just something I love to do from time to time & although I get down on myself sometimes, I'm getting a lot better at accepting myself.

I'm glad you didn't get rid of your things, to part with 36 pairs of shoes is just criminal, lol

I have been CD'ing on and off all my life, and have got rid of stuff when I was no longer into it. I wouldn't call it a purge as such, I just lost interest in CDing, and got rid of my girly stuff. I knew that at some point in the future I would get back into it, and I have a feeling that my current interest in CDing is now a permanent thing. I love being en femme, and am able to indulge in my hobby when I please. I don't think I could ever throw my shoes away, unless they were falling apart, especially my red heels. I have never got rid of stuff to be "Cured", and never ever considered CDing as something that needed to be cured.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel2000 View Post
    Well spring has come and though I said I would never do it again, I had the urge to purge. I had everything packed up and ready to load in the truck (12 large boxes) when the phone rang and I to leave town asap for work reasons. When I returned home 4 days later, all of my beloved stuff was still there and thank god I had a change of heart while i was gone so I put it all back in the basement suite where it rightfully belongs. Don't really understand why I go through this every year at pretty much the same time but clearly someone up there was looking out for me this time around.
    This used to happen to me all the time.
    Can I suggest something? When you get the urge to pack it up and throw, think that there are so many of people like us and there is nothing wrong with CDing. Once you accept more of you, your stock (in the basement) will increase rather than decrease )
    Love,,
    Tina