Thread: It's true its true!

It's true its true!

I have read all the threads here about going into a store, and just telling the clerk "It's for me." Well, sure, sure, sure.
    I went into my closest VS yesterday, and was "looking" at a lot of things. A youngish female sales clerk came over and asked if I needed any help, I said "No, thank you, I'm just looking". I noticed a very pretty slip that was just to die for. It was a shade of blue , short, and had some very pretty tan lace. I mean REALLY pretty. I looked at them, and looked at them. I must have been there at least 10 hours (3 minutes), when the sales person came back over and asked if I needed any help. Well, I said, "I'm not sure just what size". She asked "What size is she?" I gulped and said that it was for me. Without batting an eyelash, she pulled out a medium, held it up to me, and said that she thought that a meduim would fit me. "Would I like to try it on?" I said sure, and then said that I was thinking of getting a bra also. she asked "What size are you?" I said I thought I was a 38. She said "What cup size, oh, well, I think that because of your natural body, you should go with a B or C, what do you think?" I asked if she would mind measuring in that I wasn't all that sure. She got out a tape and proceeded to measure me, and I was a 38. She proceeded to get a whole tray of 38s out and brought them to a dressing room. She said that she would put the slip in there also so when I was ready, I could go in and try them on.
    I went in and tried on the slip. It was too small. I started to try on a bra, and then she came back and asked "Howsit going?" I told her that the slip was too small, and she said, "Wait a sec and I'll see if I can find a large" She went and found a large, slipped it under the door and said that she didn't think that it was a good color for me, but to try it on anyway. Now this was more like it. the slip fit very nicely. I didn't like any of the bras - too big.
    After this, I got dressed back into my drabs and walked out and found her. I told her that she was right, the color wasn't for me. She then said that I should come back in in a couple of days in that they got new shipments all the time. She said that then she would help me find a bra that I liked. I proceeded to go to another section and got a pair of panties with her help and paid for them. Shesaid "Ill see you shortly" and smiled.
    By then, I just couldn't take any more of this heaven and left to do the other things that I went to the mall for. I finally started to breath again.
    [size=3]Thank you, girls for all your help and encouragement. I've read "they want to sell you something", but had a hard time believing it....[/size]
    [size=3]This was the best time I've had in years![/size]
    michellej

thats great Michelle, sales assistants have usualy seen it all before and as long as there is a potential sale involved they don't mind who you are or what you want.

There u go enjoy

shopping for yourself

well done

[SIZE=5] [SIZE=6]Christina Jonien [/SIZE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]...
    [SIZE=5]......................Tiamo[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]...........[/SIZE]

Dancing With Unicorns Sarah Ellis's Avatar
    That's great Michelle, fantastic.. Hope you got your breath back. It's a shame there aren't loads more people like that out there.

Satin x
    "There's a place for us.
    A time and a place for us.
    Hold my hand and I'll take you there.
    Somehow, someday, somewhere."

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar

Wonderful!

That's great! As Maddie said, greed is usually a good motivator for tolerance -- and anyway for a lot of people it's not a big deal as we fear it is.

BTW, be sure to send VS a note thanking the sales associate -- you can do so on their website. Always good to commend those who are good to us and it also lets companies know we're a lucrative market for them. If you forgot the girl's name (like I did), you can just mention the date and time you were in, plus her description. The store manager will figure it out and needless to say, they'll be even happier to see you next time.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Your kidding right? I wish I had as much courage as you to do something like that. Id think if I ever did anything like that they would throw me out of the store. Glad you had fun. Angela

GypsyKaren
    Just goes to show that you can't go wrong by being honest. The key for me is that I don't care what other people think about me, it's how I feel about myself that matters. Anyway, I'm glad you had such a successful shopping trip.

GypsyKaren

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie Marie
    Id think if I ever did anything like that they would throw me out of the store.
    I used to work retail once upon a time and believe me the sales people tend to know better when a guy claims he's got a girlfriend who's "just about my size"... :whistle: Might as well be honest, they can do a better job of helping you.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Michelle, I am so proud of you. I too did this for the first time last week with the help of my wife. They ladies were wonderful and I intend to go back as well. Way to go and I hope all your shopping goes as well.

Kisses, April
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

Smile true

Exellent post Michelle,glad you shared that, I wonder how many other girls you have helped?
    Also consider Darla's comment to praise the salesgirl that was so nice to you.

cute new member

Smile

congratulations michelle,

what a huge step but you must feel so wonderful.

what a lovely sales assistant she sounded.

why cant they all be like her, accepting and helpful.

all the best for future shopping trips,

kisses,

cd_isabelle

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Michelle,

Yes, I believe it. VS is a great place. You wanna know something? Sometimes people post things that seem too good to be true and as the person reading it, you want to "take it with a pinch of salt" but I can tell you that I have done some things in my cd life that sound like total fantasy and can't possibly be true, but I assure you they are true and they did happen!

VS rocks...you should go back to enjoy more of what some people might think is an exaggeration, but it is for real!

Take care
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

lucky you

I never have good luck :mad:
    Merry

HRT since 2009

way cool ,thanks for sharing. I love happy stories like that.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

With the risks go the rewards. Good for you Michelle!
    Phoebe

Super fantastic!!! One step at a time,is all it takes. Believe me, those that shop for themselves, have all gone through it before. Anyone who says they weren't shaking in there boots the first time, might be stretchin' the truth. You go girl, keep it up. Next time, ask about opening a charge, some places have a discount on your first purchase.

~ Bondage & Pantyhose ~ cosmolovesph's Avatar
    Tonite all dressed up and "had" to leave the house, so what did i do?

Wife out of town for weekend, thou she supports, it can be fun on my own too!

Ivory pantyhose, thong, 3" slingback heels, black lace bra, black floral dress, pearl necklace and clip on pearl dangle ear-rings, perfume, full make up and wig.

Decided to go to the falls, Thursday night, not great weather and can feel that breeze going thru my dress and pantyhosed legs.
    So while that was fun, i thought, I should go to the Leggs outlet and get more pantyhose and why not, I'm "dressed" for the occasion.

Well I sat in the car for a few moments upon my arrival, finally said WTF and grabbed my red purse and headed in. 2 store ladies, welcomed me in, back to the light support Just My Size Taupe and then to the front. Well now no one was up front and I clicked my heels as I walked around the front and then was asked if i was ready. (well my femme voice is... not femme) and said Yes. Older lady came up, offered buyer card and she knew, but went about her business (i am a customer afterall) and rung up the sale and thanked me and I was not really all the uncomfortable. I did enjoy that.

You all have helped inspire me and i will be out again... soon. Maybe this weekend again.... now where to go?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Crissandra
    ~AKA - Cosmo-Loves-PantyHose~
    Don't forget to compliment those wearing pantyhose, as to how nice their legs look!

Darla

BTW, be sure to send VS a note thanking the sales associate -- you can do so on their website. Always good to commend those who are good to us and it also lets companies know we're a lucrative market for them. If you forgot the girl's name (like I did), you can just mention the date and time you were in, plus her description. The store manager will figure it out and needless to say, they'll be even happier to see you next time.[/QUOTE]

Darla,
    Thanks, I went to the VS website this morning, and sent them an annon e-mail praising that person highly! I also told them I was a crossdresser! This was a real first for me... I usually look like a zombie that has put super glue on their lips in a store! This person was nice! By the way, in the store, I was not loud, pushy, rude etc, and I think this helped - of course, perhaps my shaking COULD be noticed?

Try it, you'll like it in VS!
    Last edited by michellej; 09-30-2005 at 08:51 AM.
    michellej

Honey,Its those kind of things that really build self confadance!! the more you do the easer it gets.and the nice thing is now you have a place you can shop and feel comfertable xxxxxxx enjoy!!! just dont spend it all in one place

girl next door
    Thanks for sharing that great story. At this point, I've done plenty of shopping, mostly at thrift stores. I haven't come right out and told the sales assoc that I was shopping for myself (haven't really talked to them at all). But, like you Michelle, I've been gaining evermore confidence from our sisters here. I don't suppose it'll be long before I'm able to post a similar story.

Glad you enjoyed yourself Michelle, Let us know if they get the right colors in.
    Stephenie

Congradulations Michelle! I am glad you were brave enough to go in and do that. I haven't gotten that brave yet. One day though I will I am sure. I am sure some of the sales people I have delt with knew the lingerie was for me. After all they are usually good at noticing sizes and can tell that it would fit me. I am so jealous!
    I am who I am.

Congratulations

Congratulations on taking the plunge to tell the truth about who you are shopping for. I just made a post about the experience I had just this week at four different stores in one day, shopping in drab for me, and getting to try clothes on in each store.

I know it's scary to think about doing it, but the clerks really have probably seen it all before and care more about making a sale than worrying about who is going to wear it

Veronica