Thread: CD RenFair?

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar

Smile CD RenFair?

Maybe a silly question but has any gone to a renaissance fair en femme. And I'm not talking just regular en femme but like period clothes en femme?

Not yet, but I hope to when the next one comes around to Portland.

I've gone to the Ren en femme, but not in period clothes. Would really like to do that.

I've thought about stopping at the costume shoppe and renting their stuff, but it looks so dirty and grubby.

Here's a photo of me at last year's Ren Faire. The artist was doing a sketch. Until you are in that chair you never realize how many people stop to watch! The story (click here) is in the archives.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Yes.

I've gone to the Maryland Renaissance Festival twice en femme, in a period costume.

I went to the costume rental shop in boy mode and rented a wench costume.

http://www.rennfest.com/index.php?op...id=5&Itemid=10

I changed from boy to wench in their dressing room. I brought my own forms and (not period) underwear, but I'd really like to get my own period underwear.

They had girls helping everyone get dressed. No, not that ... They cinched up the waist cincher. I guess I could have done it myself, since it tied in front, but the "Lady of the Realm" costumes tied in back.

After they were done, I put on some light makeup.

It was my first timeout en femme (not counting Halloween) and it great fun. Only one person out of the literally thousands I saw was shocked. Most people didn't even give me a second glance. But I did get a lot of knowing girl smiles from some GGs.

And, I was not the only CD there, but I didn't know whether it was appropriate to approach them or not. Except for the two cross dressed boys who were with their GFs.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

In Wis. Ours is in August, usually the hottest month of the year for us. Last year was my first Renfaire ever, and I went in full wench costume. I blended in with everybody else and had a major blast. The only drawback was I sweated my booty off and my costume was soaking wet afterwards. Drawback aside, I plan on going again this year in full costume, rain or shine, I'll just contend with the heat as needed.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

i have never been to one of these events, but it would be grand to go in a wench costume.

Loni

I wore this to Birka a few months ago...

Other than needing someone to get me in and out of the stays, it wasn't bad :-) I used my own hair and a lot less makeup, though.

Kat

ETA: Birka is a indoor SCA event here in New Hampshire.
    Last edited by matrioshka; 05-01-2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Added content.

the happy camper
    I've only been to a couple of them several years ago, and not en femme. I would definitely do it now. Honestly, though, the guy period costumes are almost enough to satisfy my CD habit.

I own a property just behind the Texas Ren festival but never been there on either mode....maybe this year

I go to the Maryland Renaissance Festival dressed about every year. I had great fun. Any opportunity to exchange lung capacity for beauty!

Violet you are so pretty.

Barbara, I hear the Texas faire is one of the best.

I've been to Fair but never dressed. I was so overwhelmed by all the beautiful girls I dont know if I could manage to contain myself if i were dressed on top of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid1999 View Post
    Violet you are so pretty.

Barbara, I hear the Texas faire is one of the best.

I've been to Fair but never dressed. I was so overwhelmed by all the beautiful girls I dont know if I could manage to contain myself if i were dressed on top of it all.
    Yes a lot my neighbors told me the same, on the festival weekends I need to drive early and leave before the the festival ends because the traffic gets heavy

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid1999 View Post
    Wear a hoop skirt.

--

Matrioshka & Violet, I love your costumes!

I have quite a few of our sisters that come by and visit me at the booth I work at The Texas Renaissance Festival. While I cannot go en femme because of working there, it is still such a pleasure to have my sisters come visit me.
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Attended the Pennsic War Enfemme last yeay doing it again this year hope camera does not die on me like last year and will have pics to post..
    Pennsic is an S.C.A. event in late july early August last two weeks covers Medieval through Renn.
    Hugs Annette AKA Vasilisa Ivanovna Ivanova
    Last edited by Annette_boy; 05-02-2011 at 05:39 PM.
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005