Thread: To crossdress or not (swinging both ways)

To crossdress or not (swinging both ways)

I recently started going to the gym and do some weightlifting. It may be incompatible with my crossdressing, as I will start putting on weight/muscle. Perhaps, I was thinking of taking a break from crossdressing for some time. This had happened several times, over the last 10 years.

But suddenly I found out about a group of "Lady Boys of Bangkok" is performing in Brighton. I wanted to attend the show, en femme. But then the dilemma kicks in, do I still look passable now? But if I don't do it, I may regret later.

After giving some thoughts about it, I told myself, "What the hell" and "Just do it".

True enough, I was easily read by a bunch of young girls who were on their way to a hen party. And then again when I was clubbing later that night.

But most importantly, I was really happy that I attended the Lady Boys show last night. It was really entertaining.
    Last edited by irenetancd; 05-01-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_photography

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Irene it looks like you had fun even though you were "read". Its proof that passing isn't the end all be all. For many of us it not about passing its about "being" out in the world. You sure look like you are having a good time.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Yes it seams like a contradiction in life styles , bodybuilding or cross dressing , i use to mess about with weights at one time and still do occasionally and i was thinking about this the other day and wondered why , weights one day dressing the next , was i trying to escape from my fem side by lifting weights and all the other so called man stuff and i came up with the conclusion that even if i had been born a female i would have still done all that but would have been girlie at the same time when needed , so providing you do not over do it you can run both at the same time .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I work out in a gym almost every day. Now I only lift weights on Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays and ride a bike the other days for cardio work. BTW, no one should weightlift 2 days in a row. Your muscles need to rest!! Of course, at my age (79) I am not trying to build my body up! I am just trying to keep it going!!

Now to the question of crossdressing or bodybuilding. Have you never seen GG's working out doing bodybuilding? A lot of GG's do work out where I do, and some of them have really beautiful bodies! Exercise is good for you, and if it adds weight in some places you just have to adjust your femme sizes!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Glad to hear you had a good time at the show, its one I've been meaning to catch but keep missing.

It may sound a incredibly cliched but just do whatever you feel comfortable with. If you enjoy both crossdressing and weightlifting then do them both. If you don't want the effects of your weightlifting to show when you're dressed up then all it takes is a rethink of your style rather than taking a break from crossdressing.

the happy camper
    It's great that you went, and had a good time. Remember, looking stunning and passing are not necessarily the same thing. I've seen girls who are easily read because they are tall, have muscular shoulders, and square-ish jaws, and yet they are still absolutely gorgeous. They have long legs, beautiful facial features, and an Amazonian/domme-ish vibe that's very sexy. The key is to project confidence.

Banned Read only
    Hey, muscle weighs more than fat. Weight lifting may increase weight, but, trim the fat. It's a matter of balance. I use to weight lift at the gym. I lost fat inches but did not lose weight. There are many GG's with tight skin and sexy muscles rather than trim figures with floppy skin on thighs and arms. Just weight lift to get good muscle tone, and, not to bulk up to look like Atlas.

You can have both as long as you hide your muscle. I have strong muscle on my right arm as I have been a competitive tennis player since young. I never wear sleeveless clothes as they will reveal my muscle. On the plus side, because of my working out, I have a nice figure which envies many GGs. I am 100 lbs with a 26 waist line, size 0. I have been going out as Janet for the last 15 years and have never been read once. I am still playing tennis and working out. So, go ahead and do both.

Yes, I agree. Passing is not everything. At times it is kinda fun to be read, and also to have girls arguing among themselves (quietly) figuring out if I am a guy or a girl.

I think I will continue with weightlifting. But needs to cover up the muscles then.

Platinum Member
    I just read an article in the NYTimes about a high end club that prominently featured a transgendered woman in thier advertising. She commented that by going to the gym she was able to build and sculpt parts of her body more effectively than if she'd resorted to plastic surgery. I do think we can work out in ways that accentuate our figures...and at the same time, be much healthier. And honestly, toned arms and legs look good on women too!