Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the style in which you dress when enfemme vastly different to your male style?

Is the style in which you dress when enfemme vastly different to your male style?

Or is there a degree of convergence between the two?

Are you a dowdy suit wearer as a man who goes for hooker heels and mini skirts as a woman?
    Or are you a flamboyant dresser as a male who opts for the more refined look as a female?
    Or do you occupy a middle-ground between the two?
    Do your male clothes demonstrate who you are as a female or is the difference between the two so vast that the styles are a total contrast?

Interpret the question however you like.
    Does your feminine style display some of your masculine side or do you prefer none of it to be shown?
    If presenting as a man, do you display aspects of your femininity?
    Or do you prefer an adrogynous look in both genders?

From a personal standpoint I think there is quite a noticeable similarity between my male and female selves in the clothing styles I prefer. When presenting as a male I think I tend to display some degree of femininity, probably quite androgynous. When presenting as a female, whilst still slightly evident, the more masculine aspects of my style tend to be supressed.

Apologies for the somewhat rambling nature of this post and the any generalisations within it.

x

Both my female and male styles actually overlap in some places, but for the most part I dress appropriately based on situation. For example, I hung out with my goth/industrial friends recently as both male and female so I had to adjust my wardrobe appropriately to match the people I'd be hanging out with. Also, though I'm in my 30s, I dress like I'm in my mid-20s because that's generally how old people think I am when I'm a female. When I'm a male I generally stick to a lot of very androgynous clothing for everyday wear, even slapping on some eyeliner and mascara just for the hell of it.

My guy-mode style is very much "jeans and a T-shirt," except on occasions where I need to dress more formally. Girl mode is a lot of the same, though of course the girl jeans and tops fit much more closely than the boy clothes. This is partly because I'm more comfortable in jeans, and partly because I still haven't quite gotten into the habit of shaving regularly, so it doesn't feel right wearing a skirt when there's hair on my legs.

There are exceptions, naturally. I'll get out a dress or pencil skirt and blouse if I'm feeling a little "business-y" one day, or maybe a miniskirt and tank top if I want to be a bit ****ty. I never go out dressed and I live by myself in an apartment, so who cares?
    Last edited by Morford; 05-01-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Banned Read only
    If I want to feel relaxed and comfortable in guy mode, I wear beat up jeans and a tee shirt. If I want to relax en femme I slip into a knee length dress, hosiery, heels, proper undergarments and a wig- makeup optional.

Aspiring Member
    I try to dress in the style that complements who I am. What I wear enfemme is probably what I would wear had I been borne with the right chromosomes; everyday attire that suits a lady of my years and maturity..
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Very interesting question. For me, my dressing is pretty much opposite in modes. My girly mode is very fem, you could say sissy. In guy mode, its jeans, Ts, or sweats. I only wear a suit, maybe once or twice a year.

the happy camper
    My guy wardrobe is very utilitarian, and trends towards earth-tones. As a girl, I prefer clothes that are pretty and have more color. The biggest difference is that I don't know how to choose male clothes that emphasize my masculinity or flatter my male figure. I can do that, though, with my female clothes.

hi as a male i go for dark colours and as a girl i go for light and colourful colours. and also i do not fill sexy as a male but as a female for the first time i fully dress i did and have the time after when fully dress and what i mean sexy just very very happy . love deanna b

In boy mode its all t- shirts, + jeans for me, but in girl mode i like dresses + skirts. lots of bright, pretty colors. the more fem the better.

Hi
    It's hard for me to say how i dress from male to enfemme, as in male mode i don't wear a dress.

lol Claire x

En homme I dress like a man, en femme I dress like a woman. Simple really.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Priestess Of Black Rain Raynefall's Avatar
    Well I am gothic in male mode and I usually try to keep a similar feel to that style. But my female style is vastly greater than my male style because while dressed up I will wear all kinds of colors and patterns. In my normal style they just don't look good on me.

Personality wise I would say I get completely in touch with my feminine side while dressed up. I pretty much lose all masculine traits. But being raised around women my entire life it makes it quite easy. Lol. But even when I am dressed normally I will maintain quite a few small feminine qualities.

I was thinking the same the other day... my male wardrobe when not wearing my job uniform is very basic just t-shirt,jeans and leather sandals...while my feme style can go from the fetish to the girl next door style..but I came to the conclusion that wearing basic things while en feme still have the same good feeling

In the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of VA
    My male dress is very easy, jeans and t-shirts and once in a while a polo shirt and dress slacks. As what I consider the real me it is 100% female from the pantyliner to the my set and styled hair always wearing a dress or nice blouse and skirt with heels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is too short dress whenever you can!

My male style and female style are mostly jeans, t-shirts and strappy sandals. However, my entire wardrobe is almost entirely femme clothing, so male mode for me is just no breast forms and less make-up.

I’ve noticed a big difference too. My male self is jeans and a t-shirt unless a female friend has picked something out and said “Wear this, it looks nice on you.”. Then I tend to wear the heck out of it. Even when other men are dressed nice, I just don’t see anything attractive about mens clothes.

When I dress as a women, my outfits range from ****ty Hooker to Business Casual to Girl Next Door. My closet is not large, but everything is coordinated, clean and pressed. I even make sure my jewelry matches.

I prefer the business casual when I go out in public.
    When a woman dresses like a man, it's ok. But when a man dresses like a woman, you think it's degrading. Because you think being a woman is degrading. -Madonna-

I wear uniforms at work and jeans and t-shirts otherwise in male mode.
    But for me my style runs from jeans and a cute top, to office casual. I prefer nice outfits, be they skirt and blouse or slacks and top. Sometimes with heels and sometimes with flats. It all depends on my mood, but for certain my male side is plain compared to me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I like to wear Blue Jeans and Shorts and t shirts when in drab, but as Jeannie I love to wear Skirts and tank top style blouses and of course all of the other female necessities. I want my girlie things to flow and be silky to the touch. As a guy I wear normal male type fabrics. I guess the only thing that ties the two together are my denim skirts, but other than that I feel there is no connection whatsoever.
    Marilyn Monroe: I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

Mine actually run pretty close together, blue jeans transfer to my denim skirts, my cargo shorts change into my favorite skirt, a khaki cargo skirt!!

In drab I wear a lot of sweatshirts, I just change them to a bit nicer sweaters

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Abigail Evans View Post
    En homme I dress like a man, en femme I dress like a woman. Simple really.
    I dress pretty much like Abigail does, except that I wear no makeup and no wig. So when dressed enfemme, I am actually a man in a skirt!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Absolutly....100% different.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

monkey knife fighter anda_mouse's Avatar
    i dress how i think i probably would have dressed had i been a gg. although on occasion a semi short dress is nice

Junior Member Julie-Ann Fletcher's Avatar
    When i'm in male mode i try to add a little female style (colour,tightness of clothes) to myself but not to much,when i get the chance my female clothes are prettier and a lot tighter and a lot brigher
    I love being a gurl

I think my femme style closely resembles my male style. I am a casual person, and I prefer shorts and nice shirt as a guy and skirts, skorts, and shorts with a nice shirt as a girl. One big difference - I do like to get dressy as a girl every once in a while. Nice shoes, nice dress, jewelry, the works. I HATE wearing a tie or suit in guy mode.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Guy mode I am a slob. Jeans, a shirt and a gray sweatshirt. In girl mode, dresses, skirts and blouses.
    Drumming, My other hobby