Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the style in which you dress when enfemme vastly different to your male style?

Waaay different for me. Guy mode... a baggy jeans and t shirt kind of guy, when in girl mode, skirts, heels, nicely form fitting jeans or slacks, and of course it all must be very coordinated, and nicely accessorized.

My male wardrobe has very little color in it, my female wardrobe is filled with color, and prints. My male clothes are very practical, jeans, sweatshirts, and flannel. My female wardrobe is filled with lace, silks and satins, Soft skirts, scoop neck tops. Shoes go from tennis shoes for him, heels for her. About the only thing my Male and female wardrobe have in common is they all fit this old fat body.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

My male-style is totally grey, I dont think about it at all. I just take the first best garment i see in the closet because my male-style doesnt interest me at all and i almost never buy male-clothes either. I buy much more female-clothes than male-clothes... Male-clothes is just for the most practical reasons in my opinion...

David’s clothing runs from jeans n tees to casual slacks and golf shirts, with an occasional suit.
    Susan never wears pants, and starts with casual skirts and tops up to evening dresses. Both of them are fairly stylish, but Susan takes more time to select styles and lengths in keeping with blending in.

I hadn't really given that any thought until I read your questions, which I feel are great questions. I think I tend to be kinda upscale in both male and female mode except when I working in my yard then the mode is described as decidedly grubby.
    Vivian

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Mine overlap a lot. I wear lots of pastels as a guy (pink has always looked great with my skin tone). I like jeans in both modes and have a couple of sweaters that I wear in both roles. I don't dress wlld and consider myself drawn to style and class in whatever gender I am presenting.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

I can't fight the urge <3 Breannah's Avatar
    Im completely opposite, male its all masculine looser polo's shirts jeans shorts, even suits are slightly big and loose fitting. yet when female its very feminine tight, shorter skirts, figure hugging tops and dresses.
    Breanah <3 18 and loving life to the full!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/baby_breanah/sets/

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    In the sense that I want to look attractive in both genders there really isn't a difference.

The difference is that in male mode I have "old" clothes that are donned for the garden and other "dirty" activities. Tina just doesn't engage in these activities so she doesn't have any equivalent "old" clothes!

tina

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cait
    Is the style in which you dress when enfemme vastly different to your male style?
    [SIZE="2"]Come to think of it, it’s pretty much the same – rather conservative, even though that does not reflect my mindset in any way. Tastefully dressed may describe it best, and I tend to avoid the things that most males wear – I have a “modular” wardrobe that can go either way, but it’s not flamboyant at all. I try to incorporate as many female things as I can into my male presentation, according to whatever circumstances come along, be it under-dressing or something most manly males wouldn’t be caught dead wearing…
    [/SIZE]

Joann
    My wife tells me I'am so totally different when dressing in fem. My wife says that when I'am in male mode I could care less about my apperance. When dressing in fem I'am so particular in how I prepare myself from makeup to what I wear. I do take pride when I dress in fem. I may not pass as a women but I want to be respected on how well I dress. There is nothing in this world that makes me feel any better than when I'am fully dressed in fem.

Aspiring Member
    My male mode is overly casual - all jeans, sneakers, and t-shirts or other casual shirts. I have some short sleeve button ups, too. Not a lot of colors, I prefer darks and black specifically.

I'm still looking for my female self's sense of style. I know I get told I'm younger looking, so I'll be aiming for the look of about a 28-32 yr old. I'm not too big on bold prints. I prefer cooler colors, especially purple. I am definitely not about dressing ****ty or as a fetishist. I need some jewelry, but what i like is simple stones (amethyst, tanzanite) and primarily white or dark metals, not yellow gold.
    Hating to shop makes it hard to go someplace and experiment.
    —Mikaela

I would say it is very differnt for me since the great majority of the clothes I get to wear when I dress enfemme and those of my wifes that I can fit into; she is a size 14 and I am a 14/16, so I am pretty limited. Fortunately, I think my wife has great taste, I just hope she doesn't get too skinny and decide to throw out all her "fat" clothes.

The common thread is that I dress quite conservatively.

One thing I've noticed about articles with stripes is that all my homme stripes are vertical and my femme stripes are horizontal.

Edit: that's only mostly true, I just remembered that I wore a horizontal striped sweater en homme today.

Yes. I don't wear dresses and pantyhose in guy mode.

Seriously, I like being well dressed, but our society has become so casual, I rarely get the chance to wear nice clothes. I'll spiff it up when the opportunity arises, though. When I'm in girl mode, I'm always dressed to the nines.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I don't have a distinctly male or female mode. I have long enough hair so I don't need a wig en femme, and I have natural breasts and hips so I don't use breast forms or hip pads.

I can wear blush and lipstick with male business casual, and instead of shorts I wear denim skirts.

Johanna
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Like a lot of others, my male style is very casual. I just want to be comfortable. Fortunately my job allows me to rock the jeans/t-shirt look unless I have an important meeting or a formal event.

Although I'm just a bra/panties girl right now, my female style in my head is overtly feminine. I'm a big fan of Betsey Johnson. My wife and sister-in-law probably have a lot to do with this as its very much their style. Then again, this could all have to do with being essentially closeted (only my wife and a few very select friends know). Sorry if I'm getting to heady. I've spent so much time thinking about this alone that I'm just bursting at the seams.

This does make us think a little. When this guy is around, it's pretty casual. Usual jeans with a t shirt or sport shirt. When Nancie comes around, she loves bright skirts a little above the knees and always with heels or boots. I do wish the body was a little better, but at this late age, who's complaining. Almost 2 dozen bright colored skirts and 6 or so black skirts. The only wish for Nancie is that she could wear some of this out and about.

I tend to dress so I blend with a little flair, not necessarily more risque, so that others, women incuded take causal notice. When in guy mode, I dress pretty plain, but try to wear somethings that show I took some care in coordinating colors, pattersm or textures.

I may be in the minority but I enjoy dressing in guy mode, since I'm in it most of the time I do buy nice clothes. As I'm only en femme so many times I try to be a little more frugal, though I still do my best to rock cute outfits!

-Christie