Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you be recognized?

Not a chance for anyone who knows me to associate Yolanda with "whats-his-name"

The lady mgr at the Wendy's who I showed my enfemme pics to, kept looking at me, then back at the pics.
    She said she could tell it was really me but it was very hard..

Renee Reyes said that no CD can pass 100% of the time, not sure if that's totally correct but I get her meaning.

I've been "made" a few times, and several times I've been whistled at, leered at with drooling, and one time a guy at Wal-Mart hollered "WOW" and did a back-flip

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    The thought of being recognized scares the crap out of me. . .

Whenever I'm out, I feel like Molly is the best camouflage. I'm hiding in plain sight, and I like to flatter myself that no one would recognize me since it's the last thing they'd expect from me. On the other hand, I may very well be delusional and I probably get made all the time. It's not gonna stop me going out dressed, though.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Not only over the years when out have I stood next to in a store or passed by on a sidewalk my co-workers downtown, but several years ago I wanted to really test the waters and went up and approched a female volunteer usher at our concert hall to ask her a question. I work with her on weekends in my summer job. She was about 70 years old , never batted and eye and responded as she would to any woman in the thearter. I saw her on that Saturday and not a word was said, no need to be... she didn't know WHOM she was really speaking to.
    It can be done if you parctice and your looks, deportment and voice are passable... but it takes years.

Guy in Skirts and Heels notquitegirl's Avatar
    Yes, of course I would be recognized. It happened to me recently, as a matter of fact.

The fact that I present as a man wearing a skirt and heels as opposed to a woman may have something to do with that.

Hi Sue,
    Last month I went to the Del Mar California Good Guys Hot Rod Show and walked right by one of my employees and as he was coming towards me he did the man thing looking me over starting at the feet up to the boobs. LOL. He keep walking and never realized it was me. That was the greatest feeling to just be the woman that I am.

Best Wishes, Robin Lee

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    Back in the early days of my married life before my wife had any knowledge of my fem life I worked for a big national department store. On my first Christmas party with the store they had it at a hotel. They had a dinner, drawings for prizes and dancing. There were these two guys who worked in the boys dept. who came as each others dates. One was in very convincing drag. My trans-dar was working well and spotted him right off the bat. I always contributed that ability to "It takes one to know one." Amazingly even their co workers in the same dept. never caught on and their deception was never revealed. He even danced with some of the male co workers. After the New Year and everything was slowed down I remember talking to him/her at lunch. I was smiling and he asked what I was smiling about. I looked around to make sure no one was paying attention and I told him I thought he was gorgeous at the Christmas party. He first denied it but after I reassured him I wouldn't out him we had a really good laugh. Some people have characteristics in their facial appearance that dominate what they look like that it would be very hard to hide no matter what. Others have such a nondescript face that most people can't give an accurate description of what they look like and can change what they look like a will. Lon Chaney, the silent movie star is one that comes to mind-"A man of a thousand faces!" This young man was just like that.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

I am NOT a junior sob sob Edwina's Avatar
    Well, the reason I have posted photos from time to time is that I don't think I would be recognised at all.
    This feeling was bolstered a couple of years ago as I told in a previous post. I had taken an amplifier to our local family electronics repair shop. I had had dealings with them previously so the lady on the desk recognised me and promised to phone when the amp was fixed. A couple of days later I was in casual fem mode, cotton V-neck tee shirt floral skirt and open toe white slipons, when she phoned. I decided on the spur of the moment to go as I was, only pausing to redo my lips
    When I entered the shop she had absolutely no idea who I was until I presented my collection slip. Then she couldn't have been nicer/kinder.

I guess the answer for me is most (some?) of the time the answer is no, but I'm getting to the point where I probably don't care. Two instances. The first was when one of our condo neighbors saw me getting the AM paper in my nightie and wig. After I'd come out to them, he said he thought it was my sister. The second was when a group from work took part in a Relay for Life cancer benefit. They had a "Dude in a Dress" fundraiser contest, so I thought what the heck and did the whole thing dressed. One of my co-workers who lives in our neighborhood didn't recognize me at first, then said "Now we'll have to keep an eye on you." (Other than some GG coworkers whom I go out with, this is the only time co-workers have seen me dressed.)

BTW, I didn't win; maybe I have to work on my dance moves ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Not a snowball's chance in Hades. I'm a total bald slob in male mode, but enfemme. I'm neat, polite, polished and have nice hair! LOL

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Last month I had to worked an overnight so I decided to dress for the evening. I went to the store about 20 minutes before closing and just walked around the store.. Out of the 15 or so employees there only one the knew who I was immediately. Even my own supervisor, which I have work with for almost 5 years, and has seen me dressed more than once, didn't recognize me until I did a "manly" throat clearing. Now if I had walked in with my wife, I would have been pegged right away by many of my co-workers.
    Drumming, My other hobby

Aspiring Member
    No, chances are that you would not be recognized. I'll give you an example: I drive a bright red Solara convertible that needed some minor body work and I had it repaired at a local body shop. The lady who I dealt with commented how much she loved my car and would love to have one like it. The business that I did with her and her company was the second time we had been doing business together and when I came in to the shop she recognized me from our first transaction. A week after getting my convertible fixed, I was at my local nail salon getting a pedicure, completely dressed and enjoying the time out being pampered. Suddenly, the same lady entered the salon to get a pedi and sat in the adjacent chair soaking her feet. We chatted and enchanged pleasantries and we both finished about the same time. When we got up after our polish dried, I couldn't stand it any longer and said to her, "Regina, do you know me?" She replied that she did not so I took her to the door and pointed to my red convertible and she exclaimed, "OMG, but you are married and have children."

No, I don't think we would be recognized.

I think I would probably be recognized. Now I have never had a professional makeover so that could possibly make a difference.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Having attended a number of church functions as Wendy, I can say that almost no one who knows my male identity recognizes me initially. Most eventually figure it out, especially if I'm there with my wife! A very tiny percentage know me immediately, and another small percentage would never figure it out if they weren't told. If someone ran into me as Wendy outside of my familiar haunts I'm pretty sure they wouldn't know me. Now passing, that's another matter--I certainly have been given "the look" on number of occasions.

Not sure I could hold a conversation for long without suspicions arising, but I am very confident that with 99.9% of my acquaintances there would be no recognition of my male self merely passing them on the street or in the mall.
    The other half of reality is that no one passing a tall thin 55 y.o. gender woman is paying all that much attention to her, either.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure that the only way anyone who knows me WOULDN'T recognize me if they saw me dressed would be the total disbelief that I was a crossdresser. They might think it was just some other tall, fat dude in a dress

I might not be read easily, except for my great height, huge hands, and chin and jaw. And VOICE! Other than those things, I think i pass quite well.

I would think that if I kept my mouth shut, and moved all femmy and junk, I would not be recognized, especially if I pulled my latest looks. Though my voice and movements could be a dead give away. LOL.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

It also depends on the person doing the recognizing. Some are more perceptive than others. I would say out of all the people who know me in both ways, about half or so had to have it pointed out to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie86 View Post
    Close family members would recognize me. First, they would do a double take, thinking that I was one of my sisters. Then they would realize, "No, it's Him! OMG!"

There's a strong family resemblance between me and my four sisters, especially between the oldest, me, and the next youngest. They've seen me dressed for Halloween. My older sister swears I look like the younger one, and the younger one swears I look like the oldest, so obviously we all three look alike. (They don't have hips either.)
    Yup, I think I would fall into this category as well, i hadn't realized there was such a family "look" but since it's been mentioned a few times, i can see it quite easily now.

When I look at my photos and when I finish my make-up and wig in the mirror, I am convinced that I am someone else. In my male mode I have very little hair and tend to wear a stubbly beard. I don't think I would be recognised at all. Sadly my paranoia about not passing means that I haven't really tested things... but that is a different thing!

I don't think anyone would clock me as who I am... well unless I spoke!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I guess I had kind of a reverse non recognition, I met a gentlemen one night while dressed and out at a local bar, we talked , had few drinks , a perfect gentlemen. Fast forward one week , same bar, same gentlemen , but I was just one of the guys in the bar. Made my way over toward him and just stated some small talk, we talked for 8 to 10 minutes told him I had to leave, see ya around... never a clue best I could tell.

I've never and don't currently plan to be in a situation where someone might recognize me. I've also never did the 100% total makeover either.

Very soon I will, for the first time, get to see if I "pass". I'm not that worried about it that much as I don't plan to come out to anyone more than I already have. Though, I think I will be surprised with the results. It's going to be a pretty drastic difference as I look and dress like a typical male my age. My scruffy beard is getting shaved, so that will be a major component in the stark change.

I'm interested in posting before and after pictures, but I'm very paranoid and concerned about my privacy.

Banned Read only
    Chop six inches off my height and sixty pounds of weight and maybe I'd stand a chance of passing. That would bring me down to five foot six and 140 pounds. Of course if I was put next to the former East Germany female weight lifting team, I would pass with no sweat.

The second time I ventured out was to a local bar on Halloween, I stood next to a guy who worked for me occasionally. He was too busy trying to impress a girl than to notice me. The corner coffee stand keeps track of their customers' purchases and gives a free beverage after one buys seven. They did not miss a beat when I drove up en femme, I got credit for the purchase. I have seen a few people I know when I've been out, only one recognized me and that was after I spoke to him.