Thread: My Wife's Best Friend is Returning

Silver Member

My Wife's Best Friend is Returning

My wife's best friend discovered Nancy (my CD persona) when she visited recently. Her discovery was not based upon any one clue. It was more of a "connect the dots" series of clues. In trying to hide Nancy the easy way, we locked the guest room door and re-located her without a good explanation. She was used to having the run of the house in the past. My wife's computer was now password-protected and she had to use it as a Guest. This was also new. Other routines had changed and she knew something was up. She discovered a stockpile of make-up remover, make up pads and fingernail polish in the extra bathroom. This was more than my wife could use and located in a strange place.
    She knew that I purchased my wife shoes and jewelry as gifts, which she thought was unusual for most men. And she also has another CD friend which prompted her in that direction. A few other clues but no one discovery convinced her. She is smart. You never know what people actually know about you.
    Well, my wife spoke to her and they discussed Nancy before she left last time. It was very positive. My wife is very accepting (Nancy is her close girlfriend) and her best friend is also very open minded and accepting. She is anxious to meet Nancy this trip. She also may be moving in with us in the future following her current divorce.
    Any thoughts on how Nancy's introduction should go? What should Nancy wear (e.g. - full make up, wig, heels or should it be step-by-step over a few nights)? What should I hold in confidence? We trust her and she has been a close friend to my wife in thick and thin for over 15 years. If anyone else has gone through an outing like this, what can I expect or what should I be worried about?
    My wife will be advising me and I will follow her advise. But I want to make sure this goes well.

Since she knows and seems to accept Nancy, then she should meet Nancy. Wear what you will be wearing in normal circumstances. If you spend most the time in full femininity, then do that. If you hang around the house in a dress and no make up...do that. You should just be Nancy as you always are.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I second what Lorileah said. Just be your normal dressed self when you would normally dress. Why do something different? Good luck, enjoy and please tell us all how it goes.

I alao agree and think you are going to have a very fun time. I'm jealous.

All good advice and I agree wholeheartedly. I am also like Alice B. in that I am very jealous. Just relax and enjoy.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I dont think you should go bit by bit.if your wife has spoken to her friend then she has surely told her everything about what Nancy wears etc.I have been through the big reveal a cpl of times,to my wifes boss and best friend and to my sister in law-on both occasions it went very well and they couldnt have been more supportive of us both.so put on your best outfit take a deep breath and reveal Nancy and it will go great and you will wonder what you were ever worried about.

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Wow, you could be in fir a really fun ride here..()

What the heck girl. Have a makeup party. You greet in drab and say I'll be right back. Throw on your best, and ask them to help you on the makeup....

Renne.....

Platinum Member
    I'm with Lori on this one. Since its not going to come as a surprise, why don't you (as Nancy) and your wife welcome her -just welcome her to your home and be yourselves.

Silver Member
    Thanks for all your suggestions and support. It is both a relief as well as being exciting to be open and accepted by a friend. It is funny to be surprised by this. And worried. It should be easy. I should not be apprehensive but I am. I am usually not the worrying type. Go figure. Nancy and my wife will probably greet her best friend. Nancy will be Nancy - makeup, nails, hair, nylons, heels. Thanks again.