Thread: Disney World

Disney World

I am planning on a trip to Disney World later this ear, and was wondering if anyone knows how CD friendly it is. I would like to take one day to be a woman. I think I would like to go to Epcot dressed. Any Ideas?

Semi Sane innocent angel
    I know of one TS and two CDs that did disney land in CA.
    Business is the the art of extracting money from another mans wallet with out resorting to violence

9 out of 10 Dr say I'm sane. The 10th one never made it to the hearing. Did you know that California has drop bears ?

First a groom then a bride. Never again.

There are unofficial "gay days" coming up soon. See the calendar here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2540989

I think this would likely be the best time to go for a CD.

Orlando itself is for the most part very CD/TG friendly or at least it used to be back when I was doing commercial ice machines, so you should be okay just about anywhere there.

Silver Member
    Go. Have a good time.

But remember, anywhere that there are children and daddies is fraught with danger.

"Daddy, why is that man wearing a dress?"

"Why you pervert!"

PUNCH!

Very unlikely, but just be careful

S

My wife ann I have been to universal (both parks) and bush gardens in tampa. My advice is dress like any other female would when going to the parks. Then all you have to do is be confident,hold your head up and enjoy i know i did.There were no problems i'm sure i was read at times,no one really cares,everyone there wants to have fun also. WE have annual passes to both parks and will be renewing our disney passes soon (money) lol,can't wait to go.So go enjoy and have a good time!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I was at Disneyland, Anaheim, last Halloween with a couple of other CDs. We were in female character costumes. The staff was VERY friendly!
    However, they advised me to NOT GET CAUGHT in a Ladies rest room!!!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Psyco Roller Derby Doll. Katesback's Avatar
    First of all nobody is going to kill you or anythng. But............

There are a ton of factors that come into play and they all boil down to your presentation. If you look like a guy in a dress you will stand out like a sore thumb.
    Conversly speaking you could be drop dead georgious but still stand out like a sore thumb because being a woman is a lot more than your exterior appearance.

Personally I would want to stay away from places where there are a lot of kids. As was mentioned above, going dressed on their "gay days" might be better. Families that go on those days know ahead of time that their children are going to see people of alternative lifestyles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well Disney world has Gay Days May 31-June 6. So how bad can they be?

I was in Florida ,several years ago and had no problems ,but would advise you to dress casual .

I don't know what the status of the project is, but I do know that Disney Theme Parks Corporate was quietly soliciting bids for unisex restrooms because the owner of a very large plumbing company based in Orlando had asked me if I would be interested in the project if he got the bid.

Not that you will, since most of us (including myself) are just trying to blend in, but unless its Halloween, DO NOT dress up as anyone of the characters or even a princess. Some lady and her daughter dressed in similar gowns and went to Disneyland Paris for the child's birthday. She was asked to change or be removed from the park, because it was believed other guests might confuse her for an employee.

I've linked the article here: http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/04/2...neyland-paris/

FTA: The Telegraph reported Disneyland confirmed the company has a global policy banning adults from wearing fancy dresses in their theme parks.

"No one over the age of nine is allowed to enter our theme parks in fancy dress. It prevents confusion," said a spokesman to the news outlet.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Dress to blend in an you will be fine. Personally I find activities such as Gay Days to be discriminatory. Go whenever you want. Besides CDing on a Gay Day just makes you part of the show and doesn't accomplish anything. Going on a regular day makes a statement that this is who you are.
    I live in Central Texas which you wouldn't think is GLBT friendly but I have never had a problem going out while dressed. Last month I went to a minor league baseball game dressed. There were a bunch of families with children. No one said a bad thing. One family even offered to help me take a picture of myself.

Don't live in fear.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

It's a personal choice the way I see it but if I considered doing it, I would have to weigh the potential benefits against any potential negative experiences or fallout.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah B. View Post
    I am planning on a trip to Disney World later this ear, and was wondering if anyone knows how CD friendly it is. I would like to take one day to be a woman. I think I would like to go to Epcot dressed. Any Ideas?
    I have been there many times as Jen, my only advice to you is that if you are not passable, be careful when you use the ladies room as there will be many kids, teenagers and moms around.