Thread: being called by your girl name

Smile being called by your girl name

today came the final acceptance from my so. She was in the back room and called for me to come help, but she called me by my femme name. This was the first time since I came out to her 2 months ago. For me it was the final hurdle of her acceptance.

Isn't that an awesome feeling?

I decided to transition back in January, and plan to start HRT once I move to Oregon at the end of June. When I went out there a few weeks ago for a wedding and to see my friends, everyone had switched to calling me Anna and using female pronouns. It was liberating.

Hmmm I always wondered if this even really mattered. I always refer to my SO as Camie when she is dressed.

I never was told one way or the other if it was appreciated though.

Perhaps you should both tell your SO how greatly you appreciate it.
    Last edited by Shananigans; 05-14-2011 at 09:04 PM.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

I think it is awesome when my So calls me by my girl name - it really does make me feel she accepts me. She even sends me emails and cardsin my girl name and it is just so special. I absolutely let her know I appreciate it, though she probably figured it out just from the size of my smile.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

I love it when my SO calls me by my female name it really puts me in the female frame of mind and it does give me acceptance that I am a women at times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I could only wish for the support of my wife. I long for her support!

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    What a nice gift! Especially in those special momentsthat you will share together.
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    Got to luv it!!! But I've been called Tanya in boy mode, at a Electrolysis visits. Only name she knew me by. And I'm always giving out my boy name for reservations and the likes. Embarrassing both ways. But you still got to love being called you girly name!!!

Tanya

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My late wife called me Stephanie when the children weren't around but not all the time. What I am going to say next may get me Flamed, but I will say it anyway!! Like the majority of crossdressers on this forum I am a man!! As such I expect to be called by my male name, which I was given at birth. If someone who knows that I am a CD wishes to call me Stephanie, that is fine by me. But I really don't care. I am not a female, nor am I going to become one!! However, my male name will not be used on this forum is I have any say about it!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Shelly View Post
    today came the final acceptance from my so. She was in the back room and called for me to come help, but she called me by my femme name. This was the first time since I came out to her 2 months ago. For me it was the final hurdle of her acceptance.
    Were you dressed at the time?

Regardless, that's great. I wish I could somehow snap my fingers and get past the messy stuff to where you and your SO are.

BTW: I once called my present wife by my former wife's name. In front of the children! They all laughed.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

sorry I should have noted that at the time I was dressed.

well wen mom cought me in her things at 17 an maid me wear them we sat down an had a long talk if i was going to dress as a girl i need a girls name an she said if i had ben born a girl i wood be lori so lori is me but it is funney some times wen i was not dress an arond other pople she wood sip up an call me lori an they wood look for her i told her that an then we said we said that she wood call me honey an her mom but i like being call lori

Unhappy

My wife still Doesn't call me angie Maybe someday I'd love it.
    Angie

My wife refers to me with my femme name on the forum of course, but I'm so seldom dressed that she doesn't get much opportunity otherwise.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My wife finds it extremely difficult to call me Cheryl.
    I told her that is up to her. She's only done it once and it was wonderful, but not necessary if she's not comfortable.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I don't really have a girl name, but I do like it when someone addresses me as Pythos. It just says to me that person truly knows and respects me.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Gold Member
    In any manner, it is acceptance. My wife uses it when we are out but not at home. When I first told my youngest daughter, she would have fun with it by coming home and going "Ohhhhhh Suuuuueeeee" with a big grin. I'll take it!

My wife isn't going to call me "Linda" ever because of a Linda we knew years ago who she did not like. If she was ever going to call me by a female name, I would have to change mine.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

bobbie sue
    Yes my wife always calls me by my gril name for i am 24/7 an all of our frinds and family know she calls Bobbie Sue also frinds and family do also makes a gril fell good

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    When Tina "comes to visit" she is definitely called Tina.

What I think is just so neat is that when I'm in male mode, my wife and I talk about Tina as a third person, and when Tina is here, my male side gets talked about as the third person. This is probably a bit easier for us as we really do work hard at keeping my masculine and feminine sides separate. We made that decision very early in Tina's existence, and it's made it very much easier for us to identify who Tina is and what role she plays in our overall lives.