Thread: First time out in public

Talking First time out in public

I know this has been done many times in the past, but there are always people new to the experience who want to talk about it and how good(hopefully) it felt.

Hi!

Starting a thread on going out for the first time sounds like a great idea! If it gets enough appropriate posts, maybe the admins will consider turning it into a sticky so that it will remain near the top of the list.

I do have one important caveat though. I really do not think that going out for the first time should be some sort of rite of passage or seen as some form of competition.

It is a scary world out there; obvious crossdressers often get beaten up for being out and about, or they can get arrested in many places for using the women's rest room. Besides the beatings or the arrests, there is the possibility that such "news" will make the local paper or commentary on the local television stations.

So IMHO it shouldn't be something that someone feels they need to do as a challenge but only if they feel it is really truly the right choice for them.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

It is a scary world out there. And yes going out should not be taken lightly as lots can happen.

I will pick up on a point you made about getting cd,s getting arrested or beaten up.obviously it depends where you are in the world , but it never crossed my mind about the after effects in the media.as I am sure that it would be a story newspapers would love to print . I just can't imagine how awful it would be to be busted and outed in a newspaper.

My frst time at going out in public fully dressed was on Halloween about 8 yrs ago. They wife knew I liked to wear lingerie especially stockings, garterblet, and panties so she said ok about me totally dressing up at Halloween. I went as a maid (yea I know real original). This was the first time I had actually worn make up and wig. I wore my usual stockings, garter belt, and panties but having the bra on also was fantastic. My maids outfit was very short so when I sat down my stocking tops and garter straps were on display. We went to drag bar in Washington DC and had a blast. As we were leaving there was a couple walking out behind us and the lady said to me nice legs. Before I could tuen to say thank you my wife reached over and pulled my shirt up over my waist and asked the couple "how do you like his panty clad ass"? Oh god I almost came in my panties. What a rush. One month later were back at the club with both of us dressed in very short leather mini skirts with stockings and garter belt underneath. We had so much fun flashing out stocking tops and garter straps. I was told many times by both guys and ladies tht I had very nince legs. The wife admits my legs are better than heres but she beatrs me out in the tit and ass department LOL

My first time...it was horrid.
    I was so scared someone would make me the center of attention and mock me in public. I was the deer in the headlights.

Then I found out that no one was watching me. Everyone was going about their own business and practically ignored me. Then I felt wonderful.
    Now I just don't care if someone says something and I go out every chance I get, anywhere, anytime.
    I'm just another woman in the world...and that's how I always wanted it.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    I do not have that first story, yet. Maybe in a few weeks. . ..

Commander Shepard Taylor Skyrim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenda456 View Post
    I do not have that first story, yet. Maybe in a few weeks. . ..
    Same here i hope i might be able to go running en femme in a near by town so i have a less likely chance of being seen by some one i know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IT'S EITHER WE FIGHT OR WE DIE!

"getting arrested"- only if you commit a crime ( theft, rape, murder, etc. ) while dressed. Look your best, dress appropriately for what you're doing ( a micro-mini & thong with sky-high heels is a bad choice for shopping ), be a lady & you'll get acceptance. Listen to those of us with experience rather than the fears of the closet-cases.
    Last edited by Fab Karen; 05-15-2011 at 05:57 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]Sometimes I think that the whole purpose of this forum is to help us all get out of the closet and out that scary front door where we can face our fears and come to realize that our fear is really the worst part of the experience. For so many of us, our first time out is sort of anticlimactic. Nothing happens! Nobody seems to care.

The hardest part for me is to learn to dress to blend rather than to dress with what makes me feel good. I'd much rather wear 5 inch heels than flats or "kitten" heels, but they sure make me stand out and get attention. It's just the way the world works. Seems as if you don't want to attract attention then you need to wear low shoes, loose fitting, non-descript clothing, very little makeup, and plain hair. Hell, sounds like drab to me!
    [/SIZE]

I had a great experience out for the first time. Sometimes, when I decide to do something it will aquire a force of its own, which is what happened when I decided to go out for the first time 2 Octs ago. So, dressed in a grey wool skirt suit, hose, heels and not so nice wig and makeup, I stepped out of my row house in South Philly and walked to the subway and took it to Walnut St., central Phillys high street. It was amazing! i was sure everybody, especially the women, were staring at me but I walked into the Ann Taylor store on Walnut wearing an Ann Taylor skirt suit - a middle aged pervert's dream come true! Got a nice reception there and have never looked back. I'm still just an ocassional CD, maybe just a really, really clothing obsessed hetero guy?

Anyway, relax & have fun. I feel most comfortable out during the day, but I live in a big city and don't have a car.

Personally, I have no intention of blending and looking like any other slobby woman out there. There is still space for traditionally well dressed women here in Philly, one of the many reasons I love it here. You can 'blend' in center city in a nice suit or day dress in the middle of the day, one of my favorite things to do.

Get out & enjoy!

PS - I had a very nice conversation with a cop (!) on the Ben Franklin bridge last time I was out dressed. I was standing near the peak of the bridge in a nice dress and heels, standing next to my bike looking out over philly when I hear this male voice behind me, "Those don't look like biking shoes!". I turn around and see a smiling Philly bike cop standing next to me. We chatted about the nice weather and the new park being built on one the old pier and then he said nice chatting with you and biked away. I still don't know if read me before I turned around or what because he showed no suprise when I opened my mouth, unlike some guys I've encountered in the past. I know the cops on the bridge are checking on people to try to prevent jumpers, but he seemed extra nice. It was a beautiful day, so who wouldn't be in a good mood?

SS
    Last edited by skirtsuit; 05-15-2011 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Added PS

First time I went out dressed was when I was 13 years old with my father.I wore a nice top,girls jeans with a pair of sandals I liked also wearing an auburn wig including dangling earrings.It felt great to do it for the first time.

I didn't mean to imply that going out is a right of passage for us. Some of us are perfectly happy to remain in private as I was at first. Somewhere along the line I felt wanted the freedom to let that part of me go out in the world if I chose. I didn't really want to push it on anyone, just be allowed to do as I pleased as who I pleased. That being said, it was more an act of acceptance of myself by myself than a goal to be achieved.