Thread: 1st Psychologist Apt Tomorrow

1st Psychologist Apt Tomorrow

Well tomorrow is my first psychologist appointment tomorrow to discuss my dressing. I really am not to nervous to talk about my dressing because I have put a lot of thought and research into finding a shrink. I am guessing a lot of people have seen a psychologist, is there any questions I should ask her on my first visit?

Thanks girls,
    Shawna

I have no advice about what to ask because I don't know what your problem is. I feel no need or desire to see a shrink and in fact, the DSM doesn't classify CDing as a problem unless its interfering with normal functioning. What's up?

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    You should ask about her experience working with TG people.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyJane View Post
    You should ask about her experience working with TG people.
    My best suggestion. It can make all the difference.

Jaydee

If you're seeing the psychologist on your own feel free to ask her anything you want to. Let her guide you through your therapy but always keep in mind that you are in charge!
    I was forced into therapy and it didn't do one lick of good except to deplete my financial resources.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    And how did it go?
    My plan would be to sit and let the professional take the lead. When the conversation got to your crossdressing, get clarification on the counselor's background and experience in the area. If they seem antagonistic or confrontational and you don't like that approach, let them know. They will be working with and for you. Other than that, just be open to them and honest in your answers. If you aren't, it's waste of everyone's time and money.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Thanks for all the feedback, the appointment went great and I am seeing her next week.