Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closet, Out, or somewhere in between?

Closet, Out, or somewhere in between?

I'm the kind of guy who goes out, dressed mostly as a guy, but with some obviously feminine clothing as well. I basically have no desire to pass in public, just wish to show off a bit of girliness. What do most of you do? Are there many like me, or do many dress fully, either well hidden in the house, or trying to pass in public?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]Trying to hide my girliness a little less everyday, all suggestions appreciated. Check out my cardigans, and my wishlist ones, here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8842813@N06/[/SIZE]

I don't know if there's many like you! I can tell you, I'm out everyday, passable or not! I'm always happy to tell the world: :If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:! Hugs!

Today's outit was: stonewashed flared bottom jeans, black gladiator sandals, a tight pink t-shirt, gray oversized hoodie, with an unpadded black bra and matching panties, and my padded butt/hip panty girdle underneath. For make-up, I wore light foundation, pale pink eyeshadow and mascara. My finger and toe-nails are painted electric purple.

I started out like you, just wearing a woman's t-shirt or jeans, and all other guy stuff. Then back in January, I realized I'd had enough of hiding in the closet, and just making quick jaunts out from time to time, and decided to start really living. I threw out all my guy clothes a week later and started wearing femme clothing 24/7. Everyday I wear almost exactly what I would if I were female, just without the breast forms. I'm young and fit enough, with the natural long hair, to pull off the hip androgynous look that's becoming popular again. A lot of my girlfriends have told me I'm passable, that I've got the look, walk and mannerisms of a woman. I'm still having trouble with the voice. Once I get that down, I'll start wearing my forms all the time. Except on the job, while they're very cool about me expressing my "culture", since they hired a guy, they need me at work as one.

I get a few looks everyday, some are confused, a few of revulsion. I don't let it bother me at all. I smile at everyone who makes eye contact. I finally learned that I can be me and not feel bad about myself, feel like some freak of nature or that everyone is staring at me. At the end of the day, most people care more about their job, errands and general plans for the day than whether or not it's a guy in a dress or just a homely looking woman.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I'm in the closet but dress fully at home whenever the opportunity presents itself. I'm happy with this as I explore this side of myself.

In Between

I have never gone out fully dressed but have been out underdressed. Love the winter cause then I wear my women's jeans with guy shirts and no one notices. Also wear bras under shirts and jacket over that and I'm good to go. I have worn womens shorts out during the summer but they were kind of a guy style. I know I will never pass but I still like what I do to feel feminine.

My partner is mainly in the closet (I know about his dressing), but feels the most... fulfilled? when he dresses fully rather than partially. I don't think partially dressing makes sense to him, because the sensation he goes after is the full feeling of being like a woman rather than an attraction towards a certain type of attire. I've tried a couple of times to interest him in slightly more feminine guy wear, and he always finds a way to politely decline.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMarieYelton View Post
    I'm still having trouble with the voice. Once I get that down, I'll start wearing my forms all the time. Except on the job, while they're very cool about me expressing my "culture", since they hired a guy, they need me at work as one.
    If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living? Why is it so imperative that you be 'male' there? (Sorry, the little inner feminist in me that feels like anyone can do any job they have the skills and muscles for is bristling and demanding an explanation for this!)

I finally learned that I can be me and not feel bad about myself, feel like some freak of nature or that everyone is staring at me. At the end of the day, most people care more about their job, errands and general plans for the day than whether or not it's a guy in a dress or just a homely looking woman.
    YAAAAYYY!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE this attitude. I know it's old hat to you now, AnnaMarie, but it still made me smile to see it here.

Definitely somewhere in between. Though I may go out fully enfem soon. But my usual style is fem androgynous.

Leggings are a staple of my wardrobe, though I soooo want to get my skirts back into the rotation for my male garb.
    Last edited by Pythos; 05-20-2011 at 11:45 AM.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    Definitely somewhere in between. Though I may go out fully enfem soon. But my usual style is fem androgynous.
    Me too -- though I have done the second step and gone out to CD meeting (Diablo Girls) dressed...and it was exhilarating to say the least. Now, since I'm closer to home (read near my wife and she could pop in any time) it's less and less -- and missed!

Oh well, I shall again in the near future!

Gaby
    Gabrielle -- named by my mother after my Great Grandmother

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Those of you who have many of my posts know that I dress enfemme out in public a great deal. You should also know that I do that while looking totally masculine. I wear no wig or makeup, since my dear wife who always did those things for me has passed on. Today I went to the postoffice, grocery shopping and to lunch while wearing a short skirt and tight tee over a bra and panties. Oh yes, and open toed sandals to show off my red nails.
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I prefer to go the whole nine yards if I am going to dress. I dress 90% of the time to go out into the real world as Allie and always have a great time. I sometimes may wear some article of femme clothing, primarily tighter jeans while in male mode. I do that because of a need at that moment to wear something feminine that tight fitting. However, I do not do that very often because feminine jeans have very small pockets for my very large wallet! I have no desire to be a gender bender and wear obvious feminine clothing with no wig, nor minimum makeup and accessories, i.e. a guy with femme clothing. It doesn't do anything for me. I want to blend in as a women.

I am somewhere in between. I have gone out dressed in the more gender nuetral womens clothes. Most of the time it"s a combination of both.

I guess I would belong to the tweener club. Women's jeans and athletic shoes, women.s t shirt, no makeup or forms and padding, then out the door I go.

Unmistakeably a man in a dress (I have a full beard). Natural chast, can't stand the feel of sticky goop on my face.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I either look like me, or Sherry. I don't wear anything fem and Sherry wears everything fem!
    When I'm, "Somewhere in between", as I have been a few times with other CDs, I'm uncomfortable!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

OK, you have 2 questions going here.

1st; Closet, Out, or somewhere in between.
    OUT! any more out, and I woud be in orbit.

2nd; What do most of you do? (full feminine attire or somewhere in between)
    Mine is always a 50/50, half masculine / half feminine.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Except on a rare drive around or cycling ride en femme, I go out as a guy. Undies sure, but nothing outwardly that's girly. That said, I'm a bit metro (is that word even used anymore?), and have well groomed brows and fitted jeans/shirts, but it's still guy clothing, and I try to pull off aging hipster as best I can.
    -Sedona

I am evolving every day. I am mostly in the closet but I venture out a little more every day. I always underdress now but occasionally I go outside wearing more feminine clothes. I went to the grocery store today wearing my favorite girl jeans and I add a shiny, pretty belt. Of course I had to cover it all with a shirt but it felt so good to walk to the store like that after I came home I went back out to eat. I am moving to a point to dress even more to go out but I am not there yet.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

My SO knows and does not approve. We're both in counseling for that. I dress for me and I really don't want anyone else to see me. It is a comfort thing and I really don't even like the way I look dressed. I do however, LOVE the way it feels and the way I feel. I started to get a little stressed out recently and went and put on a bra and my forms under my guy clothes and pretty much relaxed immediately. Wore them for a few hours and then put them away. Much chepaer than the sessions with my counselor, but there you go.

I'm going to call it at out. Everyone I really care about knows. I go out as dressed up as I get. I am like you in that I wear what I want without having to be or appear as a woman. I have no interest in passing/blending/hiding and so don't wear forms, wigs or more makeup than lipstick and nail polish.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

I vacillate between out and closeted... I don't go out dressed in my home city; I'm closeted here.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Well, uh.
    I make it a point to not have anybody at work know about me.

That being said, I posted two pics of my on my guy FB page, which I have a few coworkers, and a few former employees on it, so already I'm dead in the water. ....don't know for sure, but no one has said anything to me directly.
    I'm loving the suspense of that situation.

I'm an all or nothing kind of girl. I either go fully female with skirt make-up wig and padding, or I go en drab. Anything in between does nothing for me. I wish I got out more but I also wish I had thousands to spend on clothes too!
    Sally

I am at the door of the closet peaking out. Damn door hinges need oiling coz they squeak a lil now and afraid of annoying others.
    I obviously wear panties and maybe a bra under the work clothes. Heck its obvious to me, may not be too obvious to others.

I go out fairly frequently and when I do I always fully dress. As a m2f cder I try to come as close as I can to creating the image of a real woman, and I need all the help I can get. A wig and makeup are an absolute must, clothing must be distinctly feminine. And a padded bra does wonders as well.
    I may not pass very well but I love trying.

On the few occasions when I partially dressed and went out I just didn't enjoy it.
    My current theory is that if I'm going to get caught dressed in public I want to look my best and leave no doubts.
    If I get caught I want a good looking "mug shot" :-)
    So its kinda all or nothing when I head out.

At home I often dress without doing makeup or padding and I find it relaxing.
    About the only time I mix wardrobes is wearing heels to practice or break them in, while its kinda nice I don't get much out of it.

If I had to call in or out of the closet I would say in.
    But I have built a very nice large closet,
    I enjoy friendly events and its seems like more friends know each year however
    I don't see the day when everyone knows and I'm completely open.