Thread: House for crossdressers

House for crossdressers

Some one who know this cain of places, where you can go to crossdressing and put makeup and stay all the time to join with another people like us.

many years ago in a state called confusion,no it was called new jersey,there was an out and about "lady" who had such a pad. Her name and locationslip my mind but some of the other old ones might remember. If remembering correctly she was a volenter firefighter. If dressed when a call came in hurried off, forms and all.vivianfair

You can Google Tri-Ess to find your local chapter and meet plenty of cders, after joining a chapter. I'm sure they may be able to help.

Hi there Zaeta! Why don't you post under new members and tell us a little about yourself and where your from? I'm sure we can help you better this way! Hugs!

Welcome, Zaeta! I hope you find what you're looking for on here.

As for the kind of place where you can go and feel comfortable dressing, I think that depends a lot on where you are in the world - it would be more simple (and safer) to find that place in England than in Uganda, for instance!

Many parts of the world have CD friendly bars and clubs, or meeting groups (like the Tri-Ess that Amy Lynn3 mentioned) where you could go and dress with other CDs. There is a section of this forum where you can find special events where a large number of cross dressers get together at one time. Places that are 'transformation services' will help you put on makeup and clothes, and let you have fun doing it; many will also do photography of your experience for you as well. And posting on this forum sometimes feels like you are with thousands of other crossdressers all at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by vivian fair View Post
    many years ago in a state called confusion,no it was called new jersey,there was an out and about "lady" who had such a pad. Her name and locationslip my mind but some of the other old ones might remember. If remembering correctly she was a volenter firefighter. If dressed when a call came in hurried off, forms and all.vivianfair
    Hmm, gotta know where that is.

AmyLynn3 wrote:
    You can Google Tri-Ess to find your local chapter and meet plenty of cders, after joining a chapter. I'm sure they may be able to help.
    Tri-Ess has dressing rooms. Yoou come early, you dress up, then mingle, then break down your outfit and go home if you can't go home en femme. If you like, I can connect you with the New Jersey Tri-Ess chapter, they are an awsome bunch of girls. If that's not your cup of tea, I have some suggestions....please pm me if you like.

I've been to a number of other of transgender parties, and they typically have a place to come in as your guy self, then doll up. I can understand the difficulties of coming home to a wife and kids when you're dressed up.
    I'm single, and yeah I have the luxury of leaving my front door in the other gender, but even that poses some challenges sometimes.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 05-20-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Hi Amy Lynn

That’s good advice if there happens to be a Tri Ess chapter in your local. Even though I live in one of the ten-largest cities there isn’t a Tri Ess chapter anywhere close by. Before someone chimes in that there is a chapter(s) in the Los Angeles area, that doesn’t do me any good, that is at minimum a tow to two-and-a-half hour drive and at today’s gas prices almost a $100 just for the gas.
    Babs

Silver Member
    In fact, such places have existed, the first that I am aware of was "Casa Susanna" back in the late 50s (if you google the name you can read more about it, it is a fascinating story.) A few TG groups have actually had clubhouses of sorts (TVIC in Albany NY was one I am aware of.)

If you can travel to Toronto, Wildside (wildside.org) is still around ("a TV bed and breakfast", as they call themselves.) There is also FairPlay (fairplaytv.com) on Long Island, which is a trans bed and breakfast like wildside.

What about Petticoat Haven? www.petticoathaven.com

I dunno but it sounds like a potential franchise to me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I know for sure there is a bed and Breakfast in maine, that is super CD friendly, owned by a couple husbaand is a CD

Tiffany Club of New England has a house where they have a party on the first and third Saturdays of the month. You can't stay there but you can change there and enjoy the company of others like yourself. They have a nice pool in the back yard and the neighbors are cool. I haven't been there in several years but it was like that in the early nineties. Their web site is www.tcne.org.

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail Evans View Post
    My thought exactly! Ya know?! Really!

Gold Member
    Yes;Anything that good sounds to good to be true.
    If and I do mien IF it is true, I bet it cost an arm and a leg.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail Evans View Post
    Yes, it does. In fact, here in D.C. there used to be just such a place, near Georgetown I believe. They provided Lockers and Dressing rooms, and Transformation Services if desired. I would not be surprised if such a franchise could work, if you found rental space further out in the suburbs where prices were lower.

There are lots of half empty office buildings out my way, some with beautiful atriums just perfect for parties. (Don't know how the other tenants would feel, but the landlords wouldn't care, as long as the rent was paid on time.) Lots of half empty strip malls too.

I can see it now, finding the perfect place right between a nail salon and a Dress Darn Woman. If I had any capital, I would look into this myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Non Nobis Domine, non Nobis, sed Nomine tua da Gloriam!"
    "Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is blind." Albert Einsten.
    "Champagne for our real friends, and real pain for our sham friends!" Irish American Toast.

Junior Member Kimberly Michelle's Avatar
    I have sent an e-mail to Petticoat Haven requesting more info as their web site does not tell much. Sounds like something my SO and I would really enjoy if location and $$$ is workable as we have been looking for something like this for a long time. I'll post the response when/ if I get one.

Kim

Zeata, as was said before tri ess is a great group to be with others like ourselves, the other place in nj is http://www.lefemmefinishingschool.com/index.htm

it is a local gal who takes pride in helping cross dressers, do it better.

hope this helps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

In Houston, Vanity Wilde at VanityTransformations.com offers a dressing room and lockers.

Zaeta, in Las Vegas I can recommend Glamour Boutique 2 (Do a Google search and you will find: "JUST YOU - Home of Glamour Boutique 2 The Person You Always Wanted To Be!")

Amy did my first makeover, and she is a genius at making you feel at home, as well. See her when you get to town for festivities galore... she'll help you, I know!

Hugs, M.

Aha, BnB for CD every fortnight or monthly o/nite transitioning times. Globally accepted by some BnB places. That means if one is on hols wherever one can stop off and enjoy an evening dressed without problems. Just need a place where like minded people can feel free to socialize as MtF or FtM. I wonder if there exists a client base that could enable an investment and continuing costs to be self sufficient over time? I don't think there exists anything like this in Australia.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Didn't Eric Burden and the Animals sing a song about such a place in New Orleans?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!