Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it important to u to look attractive?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question Is it important to u to look attractive?

As either a man or woman?

First, I've never thot of myself as an attractive man. Second, not being attracted to men, I REALLY don't know how to look that way!

As for females, that's another matter!
    I've known what it is about their appearance that attracts me since I was 16! So, when I try to present as a woman, I think I KNOW if I am pretty or not! I PREFER pretty!

That made me wonder about others. If you're an attractive male, is it important for u to be a pretty female also?

On the other hand, if u don't think you're an attractive male, is presenting as an unattractive female OK?

Maybe you're some other combinations?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Sherry!

Most of the time if I'm en drab it is because I'm fixing something so looking attractive at moments like that usually doesn't happen unless someone is attracted to guys in t-shirts lying under sinks. (Actually, I believe there is a considerable female attraction to guys in t-shirts lying under sinks so long as they don't smell bad and show their butt crack, but let's leave all that aside for the moment).

I can "clean up" fairly good and look like an old guy in a business suit, and, sometimes I have to play that role.

But I'm much more particular about my look en femme most of the time. I certainly try to look nice. Whether or not I've succeeded is up to the eye of the beholder.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    Hmm I think its important to always look your best in both sexes.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I think when out as a woman,I would say I am presentable,and carry myself well,bit of a stretch to say I am attractive though.In male mode I try not to look like a slob,But thats just good self image,I think most of us aim at least for that

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Silver Member
    I have never considered myself attractive in either gender, especially as a male, in terms of being sexually attractive. I think I dress and present myself nicely as a woman, but I doubt most anyone would find me attractive. However, as a woman, I find myself attractive, and emulate the women I find most attractive.

I do not consider myself an attractive male but it is important to me to try to be as attractive as I can be. The same in femme mode. I probably have self esteem issues
    Last edited by Danni Renee; 05-21-2011 at 05:49 AM.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Hi,

To look attractive . for me theres two parts to this. oh dear. my clothes are nice look nice fit well & over all i would say with my body figure i would look like many other women of my age i do get compilments from others tho my body size is as a fit on the move women , that is where its at for me ,

the 2nd part. do i look like a female / woman in context with female facal in mind , no. i keep haveing the same augument with my self all the time i dont look like a woman. yet my peers say i do. they see my manreisims my facal expressions how i interact with others its all there as a woman. im just haveing a bloody hard time accepting my self , i keep saying i dont pass as a woman yet my friends say i do & i am.

I hated how i looked before . & im still fighting this now after 63 years,well 50 yet im infront of 100's of people .
    Oh well another day to morrow to see people, im contray to my self ,

i can look nice just dont see an attractive woman. thats all. bloody mirrors

...noeleena...

Personally, I attempt to give the best appearance I can no matter what I am wearing or feeling. I have enough rinkles and crevices on my face and neck to be used as a model for an urban garden. So facial scrubs and skin treatments are necessary for that goal. Will I ever be handsome or even pretty, depending how I feel at the moment, I seriously doubt, but that doesn't mean I won't try.

Bobbi

I'm not trying to attract anyone so hence I'm not trying to be attractive to anyone other than myself... And my self is happy with the way I look most of the time.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I have never considered myself a male! So I don't worry about how I look when in male mode! As female mode I do the best I can with what I have!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I guess I'm not bad looking as a male but I get so many compliments for being an attractive girl and I absolutely love it. Whenever I dress my aim is to be attractive and sexy, it is so important to the way I feel. I consider myself to be very fortunate to be able to present my self as an good looking girl. Being able to look in the mirror or at pics I take of myself and think wow! is probably the greatest pleasure I get from dressing. It's something I'll never have as a male

Yea. It's important to me to provide pleasure or delight in both appearance and manner both drab and drag. What's the point if one can not be pleasing, charming or alluring either in appearance or personality? Might as well live under a rock.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I think if I looked in the mirror and what i saw when i was dressed looked really awful I would quit dressing. who knows maybe i am kidding myself.

You only need to be attractive if you are looking to attract someone...

I want to look female, which is not quite synonymous with attractive. If I can achieve both, then great, but my first goal is to look female.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

I try to look as good as I am able in both modes. I am not trying to attract anyone, male or female, I just want to be "better" than presentable.

I do try to look the best I can especially in femme mode. It does depend on the situation though. If in drab and I am not planning on going anywhere I may just be a t-shirt and sweats or something similar.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

I'm not trying to attract anyone in either mode, either. And like you, I don't think I'm necessarily an attractive male. I'm not an absolute mutt either, though. My wife thought I was attractive enough that she dated me and married me. And I don't think I'd have gotten by on charm alone. I also need to attend to my clients, so I try to be as presentable as I can most of the time. But in lady-mode, I do like being pretty. So when I dress, I try to be as pretty as I am able to be. Like you said, Doc, I know what it is that I find attractive in females, and I try as best as I can to emulate that image. I think most of the time, were people to see me, they'd think, "Look, a guy in a dress!" But my experience doesn't really bear that out. To the casual observer, I pass okay unless someone takes a second look. So I think I look pretty enough for the first glance, anyway.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I've never considered myself attractive as a male although I know someone who would argue otherwise.
    As a female I always strive to be attractive, not glamorous or the like, but yes, attractive. It's not that I am trying to attract anyone of either sex, it's just that I take pride in my feminine appearance and always try to look my best, even if I'm only in jeans and t-shirt.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

*Kisses and Best Wishes* Wendy_Marie's Avatar
    When I dress enfemme I feel it is very important to look as cute and pretty as I can....a GG friend of mine once told me that she didn't dress up for the guys she dated, but to look her best when around other females lest she be judged on her lack of effort.
    This same girl also told me that she didn't understand why a lot of guys were so much into feet and other such fetishes.
    I explained it to her like this. Girls spend countless hours on their toes, trimming, polishing and pampering their feet to make them all soft and cute. Then they go out and spend countless hours shopping for just the right pair of shoes to go with an outfit and spends loads of money on them....then they wonder why and act surprised when a guy notices and is attracted to their cute little polished piggies!
    Guess I got off the subject a bit...Sorry....
    Yes it is important to me to look as cute and pretty as I can even though I am not trying to attract a guy.
    [SIZE="3"]"I can't talk girl talk when there is a guy inside my head." Gracie Lou Freebush[/SIZE]
    Is this all that's left of my life before me. Straight Jacket Memories and Seditive Highs! No Happy Ending like they always Promised...There's got to be something left for me... And I Turn my Head and Stare into the Eyes of a Stranger.
    To those of you who consider yourselves to be "Cat People" I apologize in advance for I am not.

If I can borrow from Clint Eastwood: I'm a "legend in my own mind!"

I love to look cute and pretty. Every morning I spend at least 5 to 10 minutes picking my clothes for the day, mix and match them until I am happy. My effort is worth it because I have received many complement from woman about my taste of fashion. A lot of them envy that I have the figure of a teenager to fit all the cute outfits (:

That's a very good question Doc. Ever since I can remember I have considered myself an ugly duckling. In my early years I had buck teeth which made me feel self consious, then I discovered I was nearsighted and had to wear thick glasses at about age 10. If that wasn't bad enough, in my teens I broke out with zits, and my parents took me to a dentist who recommended braces. None of the girls I knew wanted to date a guy with a pizza face, four eyes, and scrap metal mouth, so yes I was never very attractive to girls.

In my adulthood I sported a full beard which not only camouflaged my pock marked face, but also made my feel more attractive and appealing to women. All that time I was dressing in secrecy and wishing I could be as pretty as the girls I knew. Whenever I dressed, I would see myself from the neck down and would fantasize having a feminine face. It wasn't until my wife passed away and I was able to come out of the closet, that I was able to put on a pretty face. First, the beard came off, then I started using makeup and lipstick. I bought wigs of various styles and colors and my feminine persona started taking shape.

Finally, at age 64 I attended my first BeAll conference in Chicago (2009), had a complete makeover, and for the first time in my life I actually felt pretty, the ugly duckling had emerged as a beautiful swan. After that BeAll I bought two pairs of feminine glasses and had my ears pierced so I can look like a woman and blend in wherever I go. So being attractive as a woman is important to me because it makes me feel good about myself in either mode of dress.
    Last edited by Jilmac; 05-21-2011 at 02:22 PM.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Ive been oft complimented, sometimes exceedingly so, as Annaliese - by other tg's and at times a few gg's (i ignore men - am lez). Rarely is my male counterpart perceived as much to look at. I must confess it is a sweet feeling.. just sort of adds a glowiness to the day.

I try to look good in either mode. Of course it is more work in femme mode, but it is more fun trying. To paraphrase Dirty Harry again " A wo/man gotta know his/her limitations".
    I hope I don't look like Shrek or Fiona but at least a bit presentable.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    When I'm dressing en femme, I try to do the best I can with what I have to work with. I may not be attractive, but so far I haven't made any pigs throw up, so I'm fine with what I see in the mirror.

When I'm being a guy, there really isn't a lot of work that needs to be done to make me look the part. I get lazy and go with whatever is handy. Being attractive may have been on the agenda at one time, but once again, I'll do the best I can with what I have most of the time. Well, I'll shower and wear clean clothing if I'm caught up on the laundry.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.