Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it important to u to look attractive?

When I dress in whatever odd mode (not my normal day to day) I try to dress in a manner that will attract open minded people that would like someone that can take on and "own" an exotic apearance. Someone that is willing to try most anything (I did say most not all :P ).
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

I consider myself attractive as both a man and a CD. If I couldn't lust after images of myself dressed up, I'd probably lose the a lot of the motivation to do it.

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    Funny that you should ask this question, a while back I asked something similar. I love wearing sexy girl clothes. And I try to present myself as sexy fem simply because I never have felt sexy as a male. I find that most women's clothing is designed to show some aspect of sexiness whether it's being tight or with lace or showing off more skin.

I try to be passable...in guy mode. hahaha I'm just average as a guy. I try to always be neat and clean, but don't obsess over how I look. Lately, I have discovered that I like a bit of beard stubble - the Favre look - never has a beard, but always needs a shave.
    In girl mode, I try to always look as pretty as possible. But I'm always aware that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I dress to my view of beauty, not anyone else's. Since I stay in more than go out, the beholder is the mirror. When I go out, I could never be accused of being underdone.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I am very much like Karren H!! I am not trying to attract anybody, no matter what clothes I am wearing. When my late wife was alive, she could make me into a pretty good looking Stephanie. But that time is past now! I am not a bad looking man, but as I said I am not trying to attract anybody. I will just stay the way I am!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    My own self imposed rule for girl mode is that I must be attractive, slim, pretty, beautiful, and holding myself up to competely unrealistic standards or expactations. Anything else than 100% gorgeous is unaccepatable.

All of this is the exact opposite of my male side in which appearance is not really a big deal, and does not really care about how he looks. In other words a slob....
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Very interesting Doc!

I am a very unattractive guy, but I have aalways tried to scrub up well given the limitations. What amazes me is how much more attractive I look when fully "Kaz". It is like I move into a different world. I really want to look good and I can! I have access to different clothes, make-up, hair etc in a way I never have had as a guy working and living in a guy's world.
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Doc,

yes it is for me. In either ode I want to look as best I can.

Alice

Much as you say that you feel about yourself, I've never considered myself an attractive man but I DO think I made/make a reasonably attractive looking woman, and yes, it most certainly is important to me.
    I think that is why you hear me whining in some of my posts these days. I have hit a wonderful stage in my life where every day I see new wrinkles in my face and it seriously bothers me. I fear I may be approaching the day when I look in the mirror and feel that the result just is not worth the effort.

Short answer - yes, it is important to me.

Until recently I never thought I was attractive, but evidently women have found me attractive. I see pictures of myself when I was younger and think that's a pretty good looking guy. I was in my mid 30's before I had ANY self confidence which is probably a good thing. Looking back I've always been very humble (even though that in itself is not a humble statement!). I've never picked up a woman and have always been the one picked up. Needless to say I was a virgin until my Sr. year in college!

My Mom always pointed out girls that were "checking me out" over my older brother (as bad as that sounds). I just thought she was patronizing me and being a Mom. I guess I should have listened to the girls in HS that called me "Bambi eyes". HS might have been more fun!

About 3 years ago I found out a/b several very attractive females that had crushes on me. I'm married so it doesn't matter, but it is flattering. I've been hit on by both sexes so I guess that's a good thing. You can really see the "Cougars" out there!

Some have called me pretty. Not sure if that is good or bad... Guys don't take you as seriously, but women do. I always try to look my best in drab or femme.
    Last edited by Phoebe P.; 05-22-2011 at 07:13 PM.

I dont consider myself an attractive man but sometimes I wish I was more attractive since I am starting to get more serious on dating as a guy ..I usually try my best to present myself as an attractive woman not sure about the results..some people find me attractive other dont' but I guess is the way it is

I always try to look my best, either drab or femme. I shower twice a day (sorry, that's just me), wear clean clothes and undies and socks. In other words, YEAH, I do try to look good. Not for any one in particular (alright, there IS my wife who is fantastic), but for myself.

Since I don't go out much en femme, the male mode predominates in public. There are times, like today, where I work outside all day and get truly grubby and nasty and it's a shower before I sit down to dinner. After the shower, it's back to femme dressing under my male attire. It's my way of relaxing I suppose. Kinda funny, really, off goes the Jockeys and tee-shirt and on goes the perfume, panties and nightgown under my robe or panties and 'manbra' under my drab clothes. (Manbra fits closer and isn't quite as detectable).

Hmmm, attractive is an interesting word. I always try to present myself as best I can when in public. I feel this presentation displays respect, and that is respect for yourself and hence others. I guess that maybe as a result you may become attractive because you are happy within yourself and hence radiate an inner beauty that is received by others in a positive way. What is interesting too is that what you see as attractiveness may not be what others see but that inner you is what others agree and look to associate with even if it is just walking past you within your personal area.
    Last edited by Suzette Muguet de Mai; 05-22-2011 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Preposition entered

Quote Originally Posted by abigailf View Post
    You only need to be attractive if you are looking to attract someone...

I want to look female, which is not quite synonymous with attractive. If I can achieve both, then great, but my first goal is to look female.
    I have to agree with abigail here. I do like to achieve both though. I want to feel sexy and appearing female does make me feel that way. I May have to lose 15 pounds to look attractive in addition to feminine though! lol.

yes

sorry for the long reply...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In the words of my idol Jeffree Star, "If I can't be beautiful I'd rather just die." I have a need to be beautiful! I am not sure how much people think I am beautiful but I have to think so.
    Boys Boys Boys! We like boys in cars!
    Boys Boys Boys! Buy us drinks in bars!
    Boys Boys Boys! With hairspray and denim!
    And Boys Boys Boys! We love them! We love them!

Hi Doc,not really,most of the time I shave every 3 to 4 days,let the whiskers grow out,and give myself a buzz cut every month.
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

I am not an attractive male and certainly not an attractie female, but that said I try to present as best that I can in either mode.
    Christine.
    Happiness is not doing the things one likes to do, but liking the things one has to do.

Great thread! As a female, I try to be really attractive. I spend a lot of money and time putting together a great look. I strive for classy and a little bit sexy in a subtle way. I definitely dress my age. Dressed as a male, admittedly I do not dress with as much care. I never look sloppy, I'm always neat, but I honestly don't care as much.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Four years ago, two years after we discovered Tina, I went in for my annual physical. My Ph.D. is in chemistry, and my Dr. knows this. We were talking about some issues of getting older and he turned to me in a very serious voice and said (almost shouted), "Fight it (aging). If anyone knows how to do this it's you, so fight it hard!".

I have to admit, this made an impression. I headed to work and as I walked across campus I made a mental note of the "older" men I encountered. I was suddenly shocked to see men hunched over in one way or another as they walked, saw errant hair growing out of everywhere they showed skin, and generally saw that they looked...well..old. On the other hand, the older women I encountered were walking with careful deportment, often makeup on their faces, always well groomed, and generally looked like they cared about themselves!

So, guess what? I care, I care!!!! It's not just that I care how I look, but it's clear that how I feel and how I take care of myself feeds into how I look. Am I a suave and attractive male? Well, I don't think so. However, I am determined to look as attractive as possible for my wife, and that certainly means in both genders!

I know how to take care of the body internally, but skin is something that men are just not trained to care about. I care. Tina cares. So, Tina and I talked to my wife and started learning about skin care. Facials are fantastic! Moisturizers, stuff for dark eye circles, and all manner of grooming, nail care, all the rest that we do for our femme selves leads to a better body and a more attractive one.

It then leads to dressing better and feeling better. While Tina gets the makeup, I still get well trimmed eyebrows, nails with a strengthening matte finish, and a little clear mascara to separate and lengthen the eyelashes.

Yes, indeed, I want to look attractive, feel attractive, and be healthy. I think they all go together.

P.S., and yes, I do think my femme side is just more attractive than my homme side, but then again, I am attracted to women in either gender

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    Funny that you should ask this question, a while back I asked something similar. I love wearing sexy girl clothes. And I try to present myself as sexy fem simply because I never have felt sexy as a male. I find that most women's clothing is designed to show some aspect of sexiness whether it's being tight or with lace or showing off more skin.
    I intentionally DIDN'T use the word, "sexy", Briana. Altho like u, THAT'S the look I usually go for!

Quote Originally Posted by Jocelyn Quivers View Post
    My own self imposed rule for girl mode is that I must be attractive, slim, pretty, beautiful, and holding myself up to competely unrealistic standards or expactations. Anything else than 100% gorgeous is unaccepatable. -----------------------------------
    I feel exactly the same, Jocelyn! Because there's one particular older gentleman, or A H, that Sherry is ALWAYS hoping to attract! Me!
    When I screw up a dressing session, I try to learn why and vow to do BETTER next time!

Quote Originally Posted by Tania_aCrossdresser View Post
    Hmmm, attractive is an interesting word. I always try to present myself as best I can when in public. I feel this presentation displays respect, and that is respect for yourself and hence others. I guess that maybe as a result you may become attractive because you are happy within yourself and hence radiate an inner beauty that is received by others in a positive way. What is interesting too is that what you see as attractiveness may not be what others see but that inner you is what others agree and look to associate with even if it is just walking past you within your personal area.
    That's why I chose the word, "attractive", Tania. It can mean so many different things to different folks! Especially in a "CD/TS" context!
    Look at the wonderful array of replies!

I really care very little what others think about Sherry's looks. Affirmation of your fem looks is ALWAYS nice, of course!
    But, if I think Sherry looks good, THAT'S all that really counts!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 05-25-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member
    Yes Sherry...for me, it is important to look attractive. I'm not into guys, but I do want to look attractive when I present myself. For me, why else bother going thru all the makeup and other primping!!!

I agree with Abigailf's post (number #14). Femininity & attractiveness are not the same thing.
    Looking feminine & passing is all I want. My favorite beautiful actress is Zooey Deschanel. I have no desire to go under the knife to look as beautiful as she does.....because that's what it would take.

I like to look good in male mode but I try harder to look good in femme. I try to dress younger looking in the female mode. I may dress a little to young looking since I really don't like the tops that they sell for middle aged women. I like skirts, but don't like them to long. Maybe some one should introduce a line of womens tops that are still sexy but fit us older ladies.

Either way, I try to dress in clean and at least coordinated clothes. I ain't no beauty king or queen, so I at least try not to accentuate that fact.