Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just WHO do you think you are, anyway?

Complex Lolita...

Just WHO do you think you are, anyway?

[SIZE="2"]Who do you, as an MtF crossdresser, THINK you are?

Are you a rebel? Perhaps you’re rebelling against masculinity, or the expectations of being born male. I mean, you’re not supposed to leave this “gift” behind, or take it so...lightly...

Are you an iconoclast? Maybe you’re doing something about the intractable male image, blurring the edges, softening the boundaries, or covering it up entirely with something new and pretty...

Are you a shy nerd? Time spent alone breeds thought about what you could be doing, in the absence of actual friends, a social presence, or an affable demeanor. I fit this category perfectly...

Are you a pioneer? You are exploring the possibilities, literally going where few men have dared to go, blazing a trail for others to follow as you cut your way into the interior, all for the glory?

Are you an experimenter? Hey, why not try something different and...taboo? You didn’t see a sign saying you couldn’t try this, right? In fact, experimentation leads to more experiments...

Are you an incorporator? You’re welding the genders back together, after they were so rudely torn apart during childhood – actually it’s more like a gentle hug that (hopefully) never ends...

Are you a control freak? You can see this many different ways – either you’re in charge of your own destiny, or making the best use of fleeting time, or you’re in control of who you wish to be...

Are you a hallucination? Is it real, or are you deluding yourself in the name of happiness? Since reality is an illusion, I think we can safely trust hallucinations as visual representations...

Are you a cis-man? Yet you wear women’s clothing? You’re almost there, darling – just turn the music down, along with the innate male aggression, and sail with me to the Isle of Cythera...

Are you artistic? Do you see yourself as a blank canvas, or a universe of feeling expanding to fill an emotional void? Don’t be afraid to load the brush with paint, and use plenty of bright colors...

Are you a fairy? There you are, borne aloft on the gossamer wings of gender compatability, stopping to admire the fragrant flowers – please don’t forget to give in to blessed temptation...

Are you a masochist? You aren’t always sure why you dress, but there’s something good about feeling humility, a detachment from pride and egoism. It hurts, but submission is beautiful...

Are you a harbinger? Perhaps you’re the herald of a new age, an era where males can escape the trappings of their unwieldy clothing and experience a renaissance of feeling. How evolutionary!

Are you imaginative? You can picture how you want to look, or BE, and make it happen. It also takes strong imagination to step beyond the prejudices and barriers between you and the truth...

Are you a pervert? Well, that’s what THEY say, or imply. Actually, anything outside of the norm can be seen as a perversion by society. I wear my perversions like flowers – aren’t they pretty?

Are you a heroic figure? Heroism requires bravery, and MtF crossdressing during this polarized era is downright courageous – needless to say, few wish to consider CD’ing as heroism...

Are you a drag artiste? Crossdressing is a serious notion/activity/lifestyle/way-to-be, but some do it purely for laughs. It’s OK to laugh at ourselves, but we are not performing in a farce...

Are you a sentient being? Of course you are, but perhaps you’re a sensualist, and this inherent capacity for pleasure fuels a desire to experience everything a male isn’t supposed to enjoy...

Are you a clueless individual? Is this your first time on Earth? Sorry – my friend used to ask that. In regards to crossdressing, there is no handbook, nor are there any clues to be found. Enjoy?

Are you a dreamer? If you can dream it, you can make it real, and impossible dreams cannot be dismissed, even though many things seem unattainable. You must keep trying (and dreaming)...

Are you a crazy person? Is it crazy to desire happiness, and create something beautiful out of found materials? NOT to explore, yearn, dream, or try something is insanity, pure and simple...

Are you a grownup? Or are you childlike, trying to retain an innocent appreciation of the world, pushed along by wonder? If you’re like me, you’re trying to get back there all the time...

Are you a work in progress? You hope to complete this project in your lifetime, but there are no plans, no schedule, and you’re all alone. The fact that you began is a triumph in itself...

Are you frightened of yourself? What exactly are you doing, anyway? Where is all this going? What about that bridge you just burned? Relax, and stroll with me along this little-used path...

Are you a small business? You’re the president and the head of research and development. There is only one employee, few headaches, even fewer heartaches, and endless benefits...

Are you none of the above? Maybe you’re ALL of the above, or perhaps one of these assorted roles or ideas has crossed your mind at one time or another. Stay thirsty, my interesting friends...

Well, just who do you think YOU are, anyway?
    [/SIZE]

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Gez, you worked so hard on that. All I can say is that I am who I am and that who I'll always be.
    Drumming, My other hobby

I am the last one. A horrible combination of all of those, excepting masochist, I don't do what I do to get hurt. Now in other venues...well. :P
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Well, I'm definetly not your run-of-the-mill shaved head/goatteed, beer gut, mossy oak camo wearing, pickup truck owning male who aspires to ride a Harley Davidson Softtail ( nice bike , btw) on weekends like every other middle aged dude I see nowadays. You won't see me in a Hawaiian shirt from Kohls either. Nothing against pickup trucks, I want one really badly.

Hi,

You are indeed, an interesting person. I have read most (if not all) of your posts over the years. It is obvious to me that you spend a lot of time thinking about what you are going to post.

I have been a CD for more than 60 years. Of course, the manner, intensity, style, desires, etc. have varied over the years. But the desire to CD has never gone away. I do not see myself being described by the many definitions that you listed. I
    just enjoy presenting myself to the best of my ability as a woman and acting as I think that a lady would. I find this to be much more satisfiying and enjoyable than when I am presenting as a man.

BTW, I do know of some other "T" girls in Kansas. One of them is a fairly good friend.
    Hugs, Carole

in all honesty i dont see why do all the thinking... many years ago i used to question myself but once you accept who you are lifes a breeze..
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I guess I would have to say that I am like Carroll and AZ!! I am me and very happy to be me!! Whether I am dressed in drab or enfemme I am still me, an older man!! I don't believe any of the long list applies to me!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I am what I am and thats all that I am. (Paraphrasing Popeye)

I am all of the above.
    I am also none of the above.
    As Popeye once said, "I yam what I yam."
    Thank you Frederique for a very thought provoking thread.

I agree with AZ. I am also me in all shapes and forms. A constantly developing being and physical form who has finally learned to go with the flow, live everyday as if it is the last, and smile/be happy a lot. I am ME!

The only key hole you can slot me in is.... "I'm an engineer"
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Peopple say I'm no good and crazy as a loon 'cause I get stoned in the morning and drunk in the afternoon! Kinda like my ole buddy, I like to lay around in the shade! I anit got no money, but I damn well got it made 'cause I'm a happy country girl!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I keep coming back to this thread hoping to post my answer. Instead, I keep backing out because I just don't know. Darn these blonde moments! Maybe I should go put my brunette wig on
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Regardless of who we think we are, it's who we know we are that is important. The proof is in the pudding so to speak.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Frederique, You certainly have listed a lot of options

I wish I knew who I was but nothing stays the same.

The moment I think I know I seem to evolve into something else.

All I can do is be happy and enjoy life to the best of my ability.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Aspiring Member
    spell check shut off
    I'm a victim!!! ooh my!
    as stated earlier," no instruction book c Ame with the package", you were delivered in a package that has a programing of its own you may choose to over ride it later if you can afford to . proper use of this package can be fulfilling fun and fruitfully. it can also suck. no guarantees, try.
    that is about the best descriptions of where I am still finding my self .
    expecting to find rules and limits ,and finding just an empty expectation of a limit that was not there . I guess those Early years of all rules left a mark.

I'm a cross-dresser. To quite Bruce Hornsby '...that's just the way it is...some things will never change...'

Hi,

A woman of difference ,

a builder of many skills & a tradesman. one who can have others working under her, kind careing & loveing .One who is proud of who she is plus the him as well. i do not have to prove who i am , l have to many friends & people who know me to know they accept .

im old enough to know my own mind . & can live my life & enjoy who i am & enjoy that with so many other people both friends & those who will get to know me.

Being intersex gives me a perspective on life that is second to none . Im insane & a nut case who knows how to laugh at my self.

i have my own insecuritys about how i look yet that is only one part of me , no , its the all of what makes me who i am & my make up. people see the all of who i am not just one miner detail . Being accepted by others will tell you who this kid is

And really, im a nobody.... do i really know . im just going along for the ride & having a ball as i go.& its really neat.

...noeleena...
    Last edited by noeleena; 05-22-2011 at 06:28 AM.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    An extremely long work in progress, also an extremely in-significant, low-profile small time player.

I also have to add you get an "A" for effort for the amount of thought and planning you put into this thread.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Aspiring Member
    Glad you asked. I had been contemplating a thread, "Oh I am a happy girl". and now I know it. I am 30 yrs younger,40 years wiser, and oh so happy in my gurley things. Thank you dear for the effort.

I am the dreamer. I have my fantasies and I live them out within my own mind.

a Brazilian here! Marcia Polari's Avatar
    Hi honey
    Where have you taken so many question marks from?
    I think I will take the rest of the year to get some answers.
    So I will keep your questions on my bedside table so I can elaborate on each one.
    BTW, do you mind if I publish your list on my blog?
    Love,
    Marcia

Banned Read only
    I am all and I am none. I just try to be me. People either like me or they don't. Nothing I can do about the latter. You can spend all your life thinking and wishing about the things you want or need but you will never find them sitting there thinking. You can spend the time to classify me if you like but I am moving on down the road to see what is there.

Is this a psychological question designed as "label bait"? So far, people here have avoided picking one of those labels. A better personality analysis would be to see these as attributes and rate how well it fits you on a scale (e.g. 1 to 10), instead of a flat yes/no answer. Of course, that would take more work. It is a nice read in any case.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

hmm thats tough I think there might be multiple categories I fit into.
    Imaginative, the nerd, a dreamer.. and a work in progress.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987