Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cycling dressed

Smile Cycling dressed

I'm looking at writing an article for a future Repartee about TV's that have cycled dressed and need your help. So if any of you girls have done this and even have good photos on your push-bikes send me a memo and I'll see if I can get your pics in the magazine.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    This sounds perfect for skirtsuit ...

I guess there's no cyclist on this forum or no one wants to be in the magazine?

Nina-
    I cycle everyday. Never dressed, but it is a GREAT reason to keep my legs shaved!

I don't consider that I do "cycling". More like a leisurely bike ride on the rails to trails paths.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2249/...38d66c03_z.jpg
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The serious cyclists on the road I see look so gender ambiguous that I often have time figuring out exactly what gender they are. Road bikes, not mountain bikes I'm talking about. we have packs of them here in the east coast USA with those billboard jerseys & unisuits.
    I guess that would work in your favor.

8rys, going on walkabout
    I do ride all the time and have a 50/50 split between gender while doing so. I see no difference in either gender other than I get more waves while riding hipster chick (A la Fixie).

I'm a serious cyclist and I shudder to think of what all that sweat would do to my wig, makeup, and breastforms. I'd look like a mess afterward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a serious cyclist, averaging about 100 miles a week. I used to run until my knees gave out. I find cycling a great, low impact way to stay in shape. Once in a while I will wear my smaller breast forms and a sports bra under my jersey but like Jamie TG hate to think what make up and a wig would look like after a long ride!

Padded Spandex shorts (or Singlets or full bodysuits) are a necessity for serious cycling irrespective of gender, and with a helmet and eye protection there isn't a whole lot of distinction between men and women on the road except that women and CD's can wear sports bra's instead of Tees. I like that, because I enjoy being androgynous. I'm just under six feet tall, women's bikes are too small for me, and I ride a white aluminum frame Trek 1 Series.

I don't ride in the City, even tho many of the avenues have bike lanes, but like to do 25-30 mile trips when I'm home in western PA. I probably go male presentation 3-4 times as much as female when I ride. En femme I don't wear a wig, just clip-on a ponytail fall that fans out under my helmet and trails behind, and my own hair is long enough on the sides to look ambiguous. I wouldn't consider wearing a wig because in addition to the heat and sweat, the helmet is hard to fit over a wig while still retaining it's safety function, too. I wind up with what I hope is a very androgynous presentation, which is the style I like best anyway. As other posters have noted, it's hard to tell gender when most cycling-people shave their legs and arms anyway. Facial hair is the only obvious differential factor, since the clasp on the helmet even tends to obscure Adam's apples. Like any other place, if a person looks closely enough the masculine truth will be apparent, I'm sure. I am an earring addict, and often wear big flashy pendants in the hope they help to sell my feminine presentation to the casual observer who sees me going by at 20 mph.

Re: Makeup. Not much more than lipstick and a good close shave are necessary when you consider the helmet and the eye protection. At speed the drying effect of the wind tends to cancel out the sweating issue for the face.

I just got a pair of spandex scarlet riding shorts, about mid-thigh length, and am trying to color-match a Sports bra and helmet and shoes. Hopefully will be able to fwd a pic for you. When is your deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    The serious cyclists on the road I see look so gender ambiguous that I often have time figuring out exactly what gender they are. Road bikes, not mountain bikes I'm talking about. we have packs of them here in the east coast USA with those billboard jerseys & unisuits.
    Hint: Many women have breasts. Just tossing it out there.
    Crysten

"Addicted to Victoria's Secret".

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    No matter what members might think, Lycra and standard tops do produce gender non-apparent riders. Hair can make a difference and shorts tend to be short for female riders. Unless one is wearing a vest type top and is cleavage upholstered, breasts do not show. Not on a road bike anyway.
    Who wears make up on a fifty mile road trip ?

~Samm

8rys, going on walkabout
    i agree with the post above, unles you are wearing a jersey that is to tight it is hard to notice a breast profile. When it comes to makeup while riding I only wear a tinted moisturizer that has a 50spf sunblock in it. after about 30 miles i stop and reapply.both body and face sunblock.

I love cycling en femme. A dress, heels and hose is my favorite cycling outfit. I have a girl 3-speed just for biking in a dress.

Best,
    SS

Here I am a the top of the Ben Franklin bridge, posing with my trusty steed after a long pedal to the top. It's difficult to remain lady-like while huffing up a long hill seated in 1st gear. Coasting back down is AMAZING. That's what the dress is for!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by skirtsuit; 05-29-2011 at 08:58 PM.

I have done it wearing female spendex and cycling jersey. My hips need padding to mimick the female form and I use breast forms. This gives me a very feminine body shape since I'm in my ideal weight range. For the hair, I find a cheap costume wig works the best under a helmet. I wear makeup because for starters I need to cover my beard and it does give you a polished look. It is a fun experience and at first pretty scary wearing what the woman wear because it is so revealing.
    Chickie

What is a ¨push'bike¨?

Quote Originally Posted by samanthaoaklandcd View Post
    What is a ¨push'bike¨?

it's a british expression for a bike that has pedals that you push with your feet, as opposed to one which has a motor to make the wheels go round and round.

if you get a flat tire without a repair kit on board, they are all push bikes.

i need to get back on my bikes, but when in all the gear. other than longer hair (some times) and bumps and the cut of the clothing there is not much difference. unless one stops and starts talking to someone.

but as for me i am a Clydesdale dale and a huffer and a puffer for the hills. and i will decline the invite for now at least.

Loni

Had a great 20 miler this morning, however I'd never ride while dressed, I sweat like a mad dog. I came in today and had to cool down for an hour before I could even shower. I hope everyone wears a helmet. I had an accident a couple of years ago and if I wasn't wearing one I'd be dead. Please stay safe while riding.
    Dana Fleming

I am a committed recumbent bike fan and would not consider buying another diamond frame ever again. The "bent" frames allow one to actually see the landscaping and what's around you instead of a long stream of asphalt passing under the frame. They should be the first choice of all "ladies." No sore butts, no sore hands and they are faster without a doubt.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Aspiring Member
    I have ridden my bike while wearing a short sport skirt with attached panties (swim suit bikini bottom). I believe the skirt was meant to be a beach cover up. Anyway the skirt could almost be mistaken for a long black shirt. I also wore black leggings as it was in the Fall.

Most of my cycling is utilitarian, around town. To the grocery store, to church, to the library, etc. I am almost always in male or androgynous street clothes but often underdressed. I love to feel my silicone forms bouncing in my bra and my garter straps stretching and tugging on my stockings with each pedal stroke.

No pix here either, but I've cycled while "dressed," on occasion (forms, wig, hip padding) and yes, the wind keeps light makeup dried during all but the most humid/hot days. It's a wonderful feeling, as this is the only time I ever go out dressed. Up close, I don't can't pull off GG at all, but after years of riding a bike, I realized it's hard to really get a look at someone whizzing by at 15-20 mph. If I can't get a good look, neither can anybody else.

If I'm not riding en femme, I usually wear ladies shorts at the least. As long as they're not too short cut, and not pink or anything, they look similar to guys' shorts.
    -Sedona

Aspiring Member

Mountain biking

I've cycled while dressed, but my mountain bike is all boy as are my shoes and helmet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    I have to admit that I have thought about riding en femme, but have not so far. One of these days, maybe, but not now. Here in Taiwan, you can essentially ride all year round, typhoons notwithstanding. However, summers are tough. Usually no higher than 95deg, but the humidity is often well above 50%. Very easy to sweat A LOT...