Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cycling dressed

I ride about 3,000 miles/year and while I don't go out specifically dressed, I do find that I have adapted a few traditionally female elements into my bike 'kit'.
    First, a sports bra (in almost all weather now). It gives me an extra layer in the colder months, and in the Summer relieves the 'nipple chafing' problem I sometimes get with the synthetic fabric shirts.
    Secondy, tights. I ride down to 0F (and sometimes even lower!). In those temperatures, a pair of opaque tights under the regular biking tights makes a world of difference. I've even gone out a few times with just bike shorts over opaque tights, since they tend to look like bike tights from a distance anyway.
    I've tried biking around (no further than my yard/driveway) in a sundress just to see how it feels. I LOVE the feeling and wish I could dress that way when riding through town!
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I haven't cycled much recently but this was me a couple of years ago. I'm afraid I don't look very femme and my "hair" is in a pony tail.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I've cycled underdressed. The feel of the pantyhose on my legs was pretty amazing but now I'm thinking it's time to buy another bike and do it right.

Hi again girls

I didn't really want to put pics of me on a bike up as I thought it might put people off but if it helps here I am and yes I know I've got heels on!!

The idea is to get photos of as many different girls as possible on their bikes with a little bit about each person and their experiences cycling dressed. The current issue came out this week so I have a few weeks to put this article together for the next issue which comes out in 4 months.

If you can help please email me a full size pic and something about yourself and your cycling and your bike

nina_tv3@hotmail.com

Thank you

Nina x
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    I'll happily send in a pic, Nina, as soon as I find the nerve to go out in public on my bike. Maybe I should paint my new ride a more "gender neutral" colour, if that would help with the illusion.

Good luck with your project!
    Last edited by Jay Cee; 06-01-2011 at 06:17 AM.

I am a bicycler not a cyclist. They scare me. On a nice cool day I will wear make up and sport bra and boobies. Honestly? I dont think anyone cares. They really just want us to get the hell out of the way! but its a really good time

I don't know if I count for your survey, since I don't try to present as a woman, but I usually wear a skirt, either with tights and a bodysuit or, if it's hot, knee socks and a T-shirt.

Hi again girls I've had a few people email me already which I'm over the moon with but if anyone else wants to e-mail me a photo or two of you cycling and a little bit of text to go with it please do. This should be a wonderful article when finished. Nina xx