Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG, I shaved my legs the first time

Kate, I am more less in the same situation. I am pretty hairy, that is why I can not shave permanently.

MissBlondeMe, don´t you feel like the Cinderella? ... We shave early in the morning and passed the day like a princess ... but by midnight the magic dissapears ...

Candy, Daphne: after reading some posts here and in other sites it seems we have to use the try and error process until we find the best procedure to get smooth legs. There are so many options and different skins that there is not a silver bullet here ...

Georgia, what body lotion are you using?

Linda, what your wife uses in the upper thighs? I got more red points there than in my pubic zone
    Rachelf

I used to get those red dots/bumps all the time on my upper thighs when I was younger. I haven't seen them since I was 25 or so. The more you shave, the more your legs will get used to it and thus the dots/bumps will stop appearing. Use a decent lotion ( I use lubriderm but there are many other good ones) and use the same technique as you would for your face...shave in the same direction as the hair growth. Good luck and keep us posted

Rachel,

It sounds like you have done everything right.
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelF View Post
    I prepared my skin with a good warm shower, scrub my skin with a loofah, bought a new razor for women, used a shaving gel for women, and applied Bikini Zone cream (which is supposed to reduce the red bumps).
    I got the red dots the first few times I shaved too but I continued to shave and it got better each time.
    I have been shaving my legs and underarms for about 5 years now and can’t imagine going without shaving.
    I too am prone to ingrown hairs and red dots but they are minimal now compared to the first 4-6 weeks when I first began shaving.

I have found exfoliating regularly helps a lot. Also shaving more regularly seems to help reduce the red dots. I usually shave twice a week and if I can shave 3 times a week it’s even better. Replace your blades frequently.

I have a pair of fine point tweezers that I use regularly to help coax some of the stubborn ingrown hair free.

Some of the experts recommend:
    1. Ingrown hairs are caused when the hairs curl back under the skin. Avoid ingrown hair by exfoliating daily and using a glycolic acid body lotion.

2. If you have a chronic case of ingrown hairs, try Tend Skin, an over-the-counter lotion for ingrown hairs, applying it in the morning and at night. The bumps should disappear within a couple days.

Hope this helps,

Dee

I use a product called coochy cream and it is wonderful. I get no red bumps using it. A new razor every few shaves is essential for me as well. I cant imagine not shaving my entire body. The smooth skin is exhilerating!

Hair clippers work great and keep the irritation at a minimum.

Tonight I was on a site and saw Nair for men, and they say you an use it everywhere, it should work better on that extra hair we deal with. There is also an electric razor for shaving the male body now, and it is also advertised as being good on arms, legs chest and those sensitive man parts. One of those might help with those red bumps, I've been lucky, I don't get those bumps. But it sure feels good anyway doesn't it?
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I have just shaved legs and chest for first time, it some courage to show to the wife who doesn't know about my crossdresing, she laughed - not in a nasty way and said that it made me look thinner and younger and that she thought it was very modern. Can't wait to get dressed en-femme again it feels great, although a bit stubbly as my hair was like wire wool. will post some pics as soon as poss. sherry

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    I have just shaved legs and chest for first time, it some courage to show to the wife who doesn't know about my crossdresing, she laughed - not in a nasty way and said that it made me look thinner and younger and that she thought it was very modern. Can't wait to get dressed en-femme again it feels great, although a bit stubbly as my hair was like wire wool. will post some pics as soon as poss. sherry
    Sounds like you have a couple of bits of good news. First, you wife may know more than you let on, but is afraid that if she lets you know she WANTS you to be more feminine, that you might go macho on her, trying to protect your masculinity. At the same time, her positive feedback might be a very good sign that she fell in love with you because you weren't "Mr Macho" and that she has been wondering if you would be interested. Sharing this little bit with her, she could have gone a dozen different ways. She could have told you she didn't want you wearing shorts, or she wouldn't go swimming with you, or even something like "OMG are you Gay?". Instead, she complimented you without trying to threaten your masculinity.

It's possible that if you leave a pair of panties, your size in the top of your undewear drawer, where she can't miss them, that she will want you to try them on for her, and you could have the beginning of a wonderful new set of dimensions in your relationship.

I don't shave any more, I usually wax or use dipilatory, because I don't like the razor bumps, but that takes some getting used to. I went swimming with my wife at her father's pool. Afterword, her two brothers were busting each other's chops and defending their masculinity. I smiled and said "I'm not going to try to defend my masculinity, it's not that important", at which point everyone at the table laughed and said "That's pretty obvious, and we love it". I'm getting a bit more breast now, and it won't be long before I may have to wear a top or something. But it's nice to know that my wife and I don't have to keep it a secret.

I met my wife on Match.com, I had a picture of myself in a dress as one of my profile pictures (though not the main one). She poked me by saying "Dude, you're wearing a dress, what's that about". I sent a reply, explaining that I was transgendered since I was 3, that I had made thet mistake of not telling my first wife until after we had moved in together, that it didn't work out well. I told her I put the picture up because I wanted to be honest about that, and everyhing else from the very beginning. I gave her my phone number and told her we could talk some more if she was still interested. I was on a business trip, and we talked on the phone for about 2 weeks before we finally met. By then, she was more excited about meeting Debbie than she was about meeting Rex.

She'll wear a dress for special occaisions, but usually I'm the one in the skirts, or the short shorts, and she wears the pants.

Hmm.. I've shaved my legs twice now.. In about 2 weeks..
    Red bumps, itchy legs, cold legs coz i work a lot in a cool room with thin cotton pants, and stockings seem to make them colder.. stockings/pantyhose actually seem to go on harder even right after shaving and moisturising..
    The next day, the stubble seems to push pantyhose down the legs...
    Definately a pain in the
    Will I do it again.. More than likely, But I will probably try nair, which I tried on my chest without adverse effects.. Question is how long does hair have to be, because it doesn't seem to work on hair thats too short..
    I..

My Yin is meeting my Yang..
    When people can only see the circle,
    Then I will be complete!

I think once you shave you will never go back. If it is your first time then you probable just irritated them. Remember your legs are not use to shaving. Exfoliate everyday and apply a good lotion to your legs. Eventually you will stop getting the red bumbs. Make sure you have a new razor next time and use a hair conditioner instead of shaving cream. you will see a difference. Good luck.

Platinum Member
    Hi Rachel, Toss the razor and get an eppilator and stay clean and smoothe.

Orchod

Been shaving whole body for quite soom time an I for one can tell you the red spots will dissappear and after shaveing several time your skin gets used to it and they don't come back. I for one will never go back to hair, smooth is the only way to go for me.

I'm a bit curious, I finally got my SO to agree that I could try shaving my legs this autumn to... so shaving gives red dots, that doesnt sound as any fun... waxing hurts like hell (I wax my back) but I guess if that means no red dots afterwards it might the the winner anyway?

Thanks everybody for the tips. After waiting some weeks, I shaved the second time. This time i didn´t try a perfect shave ... that is, I did not passed a second time the razor, neither pushed it against the skin. I just cut what it cut with smooth pass. It went a little bit better, but still got red bumps in my upper tights.

I will persist a little bit more with shaving. I really does not like the idea of using removing hair chemicals in my skin, I know they are safe and tested, but would like to avoid them if possible. Yes. I also know some of you would think a blade is more dangerous, but, what i can say ...

Epilating or waxing could be a second choice, but I will see if my skin get used to shaving in a few more attempts. Now I am waiting for my skin to heal, is almost ready ... I am going for my third attempt !!!
    Rachelf

After a stressful day, I just shaved and moisturised mine for the first time ever an hour ago. Wow. It feels fantastic! So I've got the some tights on (pantyhose for you Yanks ;-)) and I can't stop rubbing my legs together, and running my hands up and down them. I wish I'd done this years ago. I'm going to keep them like this I think. My wife's in for a shock when I get home though. She has said that I can shave my legs one day, and a couple of times I have trimmed them down a lot with my beard trimmer. She said she "didn't dislike" them with very short hair. Let's see how this goes...

Shaving your legs is great, but try a pedicure and have your nail painted

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Excellent point, Victoria. I think they go hand in hand - always want my legs shaved before I get a pedi (en drab).....want to make it easier for the SA when she massages my lower legs....

Besides, hairy legs and painted nails seem like such a "mismatch"....