Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo's

Tattoo's

At this point I feel totaly comfortable when im dressed, and feel passable or semi passable. Im happy with my body, my makeup and the fit of my clothes.

the only problem I am dealing with at this point are the tattoo's I have. I have a sleeve on my left arm and two sparrows on my shoulder blades. the sparrows are fine and part of my sleeve on my left arm is colorful and could pass as somewhat fem as it has roses and pretty colors. but as i go up my arm the tattoo i have is somewhat masculine and i feel really self concious about it. so much that i cover it up with long sleeves when im dressed in public. I just want to wear a sleevles dress when I go out but am afraid of being judged becuase of my tattoos.

I guess what im wondering is how you all feel about tattoos on girls like us. I see pics posted here and dont see many girls with tattoos. Im debating whether I should start the removal process on at least one of my tattoos on my arm.

any feedback would be appreciated, thanks

Bri

This girl is a fox:
    http://www3.whig.com/whig/blogs/ihav...-D-Posters.jpg

I can't even count how many tattoos she has
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Aspiring Member
    Brianna, my opinion on all tattoos is that they have no place on viewable skin and I just can't imagine wanting one in any case.[Even though the King of Sweden has a dragon on his back, doesn't mean everyone should have one. There is a long tradition for that and may also serve as positive ID in case of death.] that said, while I see more than just a few girls with mega tattoos covering their breasts and arms among other places, I always wonder, what the hell were they thinking. One can never know one's future, and to despoil your visible anatomy with tattoos, I can only wonder if so many people have such low self-esteem these days. I see them as a poor decision--for guys as well.
    You are probably OK with yours even if they are viewable unless they are really "MALE" types, then I think they would be a giveaway, so removal would be wise. The old removal way left quite a bit of scar tissue, but laser removal may not be so bad.
    Tattoos, even for the Japanese, were more or less consigned to the lower classes, and their religion did not condone them--sacred body issues.. I'm not trying to lecture you here,but people have become so enamored with them this past decade.
    Good luck which ever you decide.

I'm thinking a good coverup is in order, now to find the best artist! Sorry busker. Come out in the lighht so we can enjoy them Bri.

Actually, tattoos go back many thousands of years. Sometimes they were for religious reasons, the sacred marking of the sacred body. At other times, they designated status in society or warrior classes and also for tribal affiliation. My only tattoo at the time is a tiny dot on my right hand middle finger where I stabbed myself with my pen once. Still, I wouldn't rule out a tattoo though. My brother didn't get one until he was in his fifties, way after his three kids had theirs. Now he and his wife each have one.

My daughter said someday she will, but it will have to be the right ink for the right purpose. I myself haven't ruled it out.

If you are uncomfortable with your tattoos, ask yourself why and ask if they really DO look bad. If you are uncomfortable with them (any of them), ask your doctor about removal. I've seen some really masculine looking tattoos on women and they didn't look half bad after I found out their meanings for the folks who had them.

Something that people who get tattoos don't consider is that they change from artwork into bruise-like discolorations as the person ages. That youthful lark becomes a mature regret.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Find a better tattoo artist. With a little luck he (or she) can add or modify your art to make it more feminine. Birds, flowers, butterflys, fem dragon, flying ponies...?
    Can anyone find an online suggestion?

Brianna, my opinion on all tattoos is that they have no place on viewable skin ............
    That is why I have mine (rose) on my hip...(butt) lol

Unnecessary harsh criticism notwithstanding, this is why I never got any tats. Decades in the military and a biker to boot and I still don't have any, but I was born different. Probably why I am here in the first place.

Shenanigans is right, Kat Von D has done more to make tattoos on women look sexy than anyone. If you followed her show there were some episodes where she went for a photo shoot to launch her perfume line, and for the photo shoot they did some shots of her with her tats totally concealed. It's all in the makeup.

I am also a photographer and one issue those of us who do fashion and glamour photography have to deal with is tattooed women (unheard of when I started my career). So what to do?

Check out the Ben Nye cosmetic line. They specialize in stage makeup and have a variety of heavily pigmented makeups and concealers so effective you can cover anything -

http://www.fantasycostume.net/fantasy/concealers.html

Dermablend also makes some pretty effective cover-ups. Go to Ulta. They have a pretty good selection of Dermablend products.
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

I just don't think tattoos detract from femininity. That's just so 50 years ago.

Look at Angelina Jolie, look at Megan Fox, look at Kat Von D. These are sex idols, people...they look damned good with some tattoos on them.

I personally think that if you have tattoos, work 'em. Go for a bit of a "bad girl" look. Channel your inner Angelina Jolie.

OH, and Angie's tattoos are ANYTHING but feminine. They are strong and fearless, just like she is. Your tattoos aren't supposed to be placed on your body to live up to society's ideals. They are put on your body to act as a canvas...they kind of buck society to a greater degree...they are supposed to be meaningful. I would never get a dumbass flower or butterfly on me. Why? Because it's stupid and it means nothing. If I got something it would be something that hit close to home.

So, yeah. I have greater respect for beautiful women who have meaningful tattoos. I think they are damn Sexy. What's not sexy? Stupid little bimbos who get butterflies on their ass crack just because that is what every other bimbo gets on their ass crack. If by some miracle you could tell me the greater meaning of the butterfly on your ass, you might win back my respect.

You got those tats for a reason. You shouldn't let dressing feminine turn you into this different person. You are channeling your inner femininity and your inner self, right? So, you got those tattoos for a reason, hopefully. Why does your feminine side have to be so different than who you actually are? Women are strong...we are not fragile. Channel the strong women that you see NOW and not the weaker sex from 50 years ago. Angelina Jolie has about a million tattoos on back, arms, hands, you name it....she is the sexiest woman I have ever laid eyes on. Now, go forth and be strong and sexy.
    Last edited by Shananigans; 05-28-2011 at 12:06 PM.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

In general I don't care for tattoo's but I know they have a place just not on my bod. The best I ever saw on a woman, a customer that came into my business -- she was a "madam" from a respectable men's club in San Francisco she was wearing shorts and tank top & flip flops. On her ankle - in living color was tattooed the bird of paradise that wound up her leg across her back around her side and over one breast and under the other -- when I (as an artist) enthusiastically conveyed my interest she gladly beared all it was great --beautifully done! She left me with a post card with her on it-- and Oh the stories she had to tell

thanks for the feedback. Shananigans, i like what you had to say, all my tattoos were done by some of the best artist in southern california, and the best in the country for that matter. They are all really high grade tattoos, and I consider them art. They were not cheap, they are not your tasteless cheap green, plain, sloppy tattoos. I would compare them with kat von d, or any suicide girl model's type of tattoos. There is just the one in question that im wondering about. It is somewhat masculine, its a tall ship kinda tradtitional style. I have seen them on genetic girls before and am thinking of adding some more color and some roses or rose pedels to it to fem it up a bit. I think I will be fine and yesterday when i posted was dressing up to go out and wanted to wear this black sleeve less dress and was feeling a bit self concious. I did end up wearing it and got many compliments on my art work. As a matter of fact a friend I was with said i get most of the attention when were out becuase of my body art.

again thanks for everyones opinions, I would never get rid of my body art, and i dont think its tasteless or a sign of being in a lower class of society, or religiously tasteless. I know some of you would not get tattoos, I myself would never photo shop my face out of my profile picture on a CD/TS forum lol

Bri

you can in some cases go to a special dermatologist and get a "skin" colored ink applied to cover it over, and then there is a very pricey and painful lazer way of removing them.
    i am not into changing the way the skin should look, so trying to give good input with out getting down on it.

Loni

Why so much hate for tattoos? I have 4 and I'm getting 5th one this morning actually. (I'm so excited!) I certainly don't feel any less feminine with them and I can say men have never complained either. I adore my tattoos, its like my soul is seeping through my skin. If people don't like them, well then that's there problem not mine. They'll just have to deal. I didn't get them for other people, I got them for me. Not to look sexy even, but because I feel most alive when surrounded by colour.

I'm sure you got yours for yourself briannacd11, so don't let haters bother you. They're never going to understand anyway. Its always people who don't have tattoos that get on peoples cases for having them, but you never meet someone with tattoos who cares that some people don't have any.
    I'd personally love to see your tattoos. I always stop to admire tattoos when ever I see them. I even do double takes sometimes.

People who think that tattoos make people somehow a lower being need to get with times. Also how judgemental is it to look down your nose at another demographic of people. I thought we all wanted love, acceptance and respect here.
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

8rys, going on walkabout
    I have seen many gg's with what could easily be considered masculine tattoo's. A well done tattoo can look good on just about any subject, male or female. The only issue I ever have with tattoo's is when the art is shotty. Enjoy your art where it with pride, or if you truly feel you need to ben nye cover up is a great product.
    That being said
    I don't see the problem with a woman having art on their body, there is and will always be people who think tattoo's are trashy. They have a right to their opinion, and they seem to shout it when ever a thread like this pops up. To me the willingness to jump on the get it (the tattoo) removed bandwagon is crazy. Take note people who say tattoo's aren't femmine, the gg's in this thread dont seem to share those thoughts.

And yes, I have a tattoo. No, you cannot see it. And when i have some spare change i will get another one, bills come first.

I saw a young female [20's] at graduation in our small wyoming town with a tallship sleve tattoo it was simply stunning this was her only visible tattoo. The tattoo did include some fantastic color. Tatts Rock! Just my opinion. I have mine for me no one else. I will get some changed for more feminine work as time and money permits. Acceptance would be nice! But not required. Hugs ... Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans
    I just don't think tattoos detract from femininity. That's just so 50 years ago.
    Umm...yeah, if you say so. I'll respectfully disagree. One of the best things about a woman is her skin, and marring it with tatoos does nothing for it. I don't like tatoos to begin with, and I like them even less on women. Simply because there has been a trend in the past ten years or so of self-mutilation that includes tattoos and piercings, that doesn't mean it's a good thing. I'm guessing there is going to be a whole lot of buyers' regret when these women get older. Tattoos are permanent, and you can't change them to suit your mood. I would not want to wear the same thing every day, over and over again. And when I see a woman wearing a nice dress, the last thing I want to see is tatoos all over her legs or arms....or anywhere else for that matter.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Umm...yeah, if you say so. I'll respectfully disagree. One of the best things about a woman is her skin, and marring it with tatoos does nothing for it. I don't like tatoos to begin with, and I like them even less on women. Simply because there has been a trend in the past ten years or so of self-mutilation that includes tattoos and piercings, that doesn't mean it's a good thing. I'm guessing there is going to be a whole lot of buyers' regret when these women get older. Tattoos are permanent, and you can't change them to suit your mood. I would not want to wear the same thing every day, over and over again. And when I see a woman wearing a nice dress, the last thing I want to see is tatoos all over her legs or arms....or anywhere else for that matter.
    I love the way you said "respectfully disagree" when I don't consider what you wrote to be respectful at all. It's one thing to have an opinion but to put others down is hardly respectful. As for your "last thing you want to see" I'm pretty sure those women with tattoos all over their arms and legs don't care whether you want to see them or not. It's their bodies and they can do what they like with them. If you don't like it, well then just don't look. I hardly think they care about whether you approve or not.

I'm sure if someone voiced this type of opinion about CDers there'd be a riot here. I mean the *Urgh! That's the last thing I want to see!* Type attitude. Acceptance comes in many forms.
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

8rys, going on walkabout
    great post stitch, you summed my reocuring issue with this subject perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    I'm sure if someone voiced this type of opinion about CDers there'd be a riot here. I mean the *Urgh! That's the last thing I want to see!* Type attitude. Acceptance comes in many forms.
    Yeah. So what if that's a man in a skirt.. I mean a woman with a tatoo.

I have to agree with some of the, presumably, younger element here who thinks tattoos can be damn sexy. In the end it boils down to what you want/need. If it stops you from being comfortable then do away with it or cover it up, if you can get by without worrying about what other think then keep them, I'm sure they hold special meaning and you would not have gotten them otherwise. Just my two cents.

Well this GG, who's 49in a few days, has just had her 4th tat done and I don't care what others think about it, it's my body and I'll do what the hell I like with it.

Stitch love your post hun.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I agree with Shananigans, there isnt a problem with tattoos, Kat Von D is hot and i think times are changing in regards to tattoos
    [SIZE="3"]"The Girl with no name now has a name,... Farrah Rose " [/SIZE]

I have none And I glad I never did.My son as a number of them Wish I'm okay with it's his choice. I think some are really nice. Maybe you can get yours reworked to something not so macho.
    Angie

Banned Read only
    I had planed to get a tattoo at one time at Pinky's in Hong Kong. A Chinese dragon on my right shoulder blade. I was waiting in line and was next. All of a sudden, the door hit the floor and about 20 screaming chinamen came rushing in swing meat cleavers and chains. I bailed out the door. To this day I still have no idea why it happened. Two guys that I knew got injured in the maddness. One needed 238 stiches in his thigh. The other got 134 stiches in his head. Needless to say that cured my desire for a tattoo.

I have seen many tattoos that are absolutely gorgeous. Still, you won't catch me hanging out in a tattoo parlor again.
    Last edited by Jorja; 05-30-2011 at 05:46 PM.