Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obsessions with photos

Obsessions with photos

I have managed to get a couple of days away again and dressing life is bliss... but I am spending all my time taking photos... am I mad? Does anyone else obsess like this?
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I do sometimes. Even though I can dress more often now than ever before, I still feel the need to commorate the occasion by taking pictures of myself. In addition, I have been exercising and dieting and it is nice to go back and see where I was compared to where I am now.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

No your'e not mad! Your'e happy! And I'm happy that your'e happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

As long as your happy thats what matters most. I am not really a take pictures of everything type of person. There are however a lot of people who really enjoy it.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

I take photos. Have to hide them, though.

Actually, sometimes I'll touch up the photos with makeup, lipstick, etc.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

[SIZE=4]Historically I have taken lots of pictures, in an attempt to later look at them and see what I actually look like after the pink fog has burned off and for building my skills. At least that is the thought when I take them...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Looking at yourself in the mirror doesn't have any lasting qualities, and then there is the self doubt that gets built in to further blur your mind's picture. It also helps to see what you look like from behind,, since we rarely look for longer than a glance in a mirror.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]Don't ever worry about being obsessed with picture taking, you are not alone in that respect. I look at it as an aspect of practice.[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am a licensed Cosmetologist (hair stylist, not cosmonaut), work as a hair and wig stylist, makeup artist and permanent makeup artist, dressed as you see in my avatar and albums.

My web site www.apparentlyfemale.com

I have over 2,500 pictures on my Flicker site located at http://www.flickr.com/photos/9315394@N02/

I'll freely admit I'm obsessed with taking pictures. I have several thousand digital pictures on my laptop. Granted most of them were taken with this automated program that snaps a picture every ten seconds, (using the self-timer with heels can be a literal pain!) but it's interesting to have a record of how my dressing and makeup skills have improved with time.

Plus, when I get older, I'll be able to look at these pictures of a young lady and think, "that was me."

Guilty. I take lots of pics almost every time I dress. It takes a lot to get one good one. My normal routine is: after I am finished with dressing, put everything away and shower, I hit the computer to load the pics and view them, selecting any good ones, cropping, adjusting exposure, etc.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Guilty. I take lots of pics almost every time I dress. It takes a lot to get one good one. My normal routine is: after I am finished with dressing, put everything away and shower, I hit the computer to load the pics and view them, selecting any good ones, cropping, adjusting exposure, etc.
    Same for me -- except I'm usually still dressed during download and editing.

I think the last time I took a pic of myself was in the late 80s. Wouldn't really mind taking a few but as you can see I'm not really obsessed about it.

Girl in disguise Emily Ann Brown's Avatar
    As a photographer I can not get away from it. We all need the pictures for confirmation. I have slower down now, but I think the quality has gone up!!! I hope WINK!

Em
    Living with a heel in each world.

No. Uh uh. Never done that. *cough* *cough* *Choke* *Choke*

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I am spending all my time taking photos... am I mad?
    You know the old saying: You don't have to be mad to come here, but if you are it helps!
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 06-11-2011 at 06:37 PM. Reason: fixed quote
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

hi kaz. mad , mad as a hater. me to love to take some pic . i dress once in a blue moon with the full thing but work is winning so not a lot of time but if i got the time i love to take a pic to remember by. have fun and take care. love deanna b xx

I use to take plenty of photos,but now dont bother.

It seems like more of an addiction than anything else. It seems like whenever I dress all I want to do is take photos of myself and get aroused. It's a real feeding frenzy. It's ok if you have nothing else to do but when it starts interfering in your daily life that can be a problem.

Geez I dunno. The main reason I took a lot of pics was to try out different looks. We all like to see how far we can push it sometimes.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

No, I am sure that you are the only one who feels like this (grin).
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Ann Brown View Post
    As a photographer I can not get away from it. We all need the pictures for confirmation. I have slower down now, but I think the quality has gone up!!! I hope WINK!

Em
    Up with your modesty, Em? Lol

And who got you into the digital age?? I won't remind you who used to call me a photo $lut!! And yes I have a dedicated external drive with gigabytes and gigabytes or photos and videos...
    Last edited by Karren H; 06-01-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    I too have taken a reasonable amount of photo's, OK a boat load of photo's (think Titanic) and still like to take ones after being out or just before going out to capture the look. I do however find that I do not take that many while out as I go to mostly main stream venues and there are not a lot of people taking their own picture. I try to blend and snapping a ton of pictures seems to remove the blending part.

love having my femme pictures taken, it's definitely a keepsake, the strange thing is that as a male i tend to shy away from the camera

I take tons of photos too...I heard a GG being critical of CD / TG people saying "real woman aren't constantly taking pictures of themselves". I think it's because we have to hide our femininity so much and when we have a chance to express it we want to record it, atleast I do....Hope you share some of your pics

Kaz,
    I love photograph, so I just can't miss a photo of me, o my, am I talking about me! LOL!

Best wishes
    Robin Lee

Aspiring Member
    One thing I think plays to the power of a photograph is that it's not a mirror view of you, nor is it you seeing yourself eye-to-eye so to speak. It's an opportunity for you to see yourself as someone else might, something like an out of body experience.
    —Mikaela

Yes. So I can learn what works and what doesn't.