Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: femm car

Come to think of it... there IS a purse hanger in my Elantra! I hadn't thought of it as being a girl car because of it, just a practical one!

Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    In the eighties and nineties alot of the women I worked with drove Honda Accords and Preludes. Now, I often see a Pink and Grey newer VW Beatle driving around that is part of a retail chain called Pink Pumps, it definatley says fem car to me.

Not sure where I am yet Jay Cee's Avatar
    I contemplated my femme side when I bought my current car. No more blacks and dark greys for me - red is the order of the day.

I have found it, the Ultimate Femme Car:

Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Ford Transit or "Tranny" van would be ideal,changing facilities in the back too LOL

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Isn't the Ford minivan marketed entirely to women?
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Isn't the Ford minivan marketed entirely to women?
    You mean the Freestar? I don't recall it being marketed to anyone!

Now, the new C-max might be more femme, but it's a really mini minivan!

The Transit Connect is pretty masculine, at least the way it is sold in the US.
    Eryn

Well I don't build cars, but I did buy a Chrysler Town and Country Van, thats about a Soccer mom as you can get!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    I'm told by my sons (both mechanics) that my Miata is a girly car ... I couldn't care less. It's cute :-D
    Attached Images Attached Images

I drive a mid 2000's Honda Accord Coupe....I think that may fall into the androgynous car category.

I hope this works but this is kind of what i was thinking of building but with a femm touch.
    [IMG]88 burban[/IMG]

I will try again after work. I hate computers!!!

I have found it, the Ultimate Femme Car:

Eryn, I'll have one of these, please.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    OMG...just think of the outfit you'd need to go with the "red-pump" car! And of course you'd need red heels to match!!!

Tina

I just like a powerful car. One with some Giddy-up! I love my Vette! That is my girlie car! For work I have a 4x4 truck. All girls like a fast ride! My wife is a real leadfoot! She has always had a Mustang GT Convertible until last year. Now she has a Kia Sol.

I was thinking of some thing like this all grey with pink relly stripes, some big 5 star rims with flute cuts in them so they realy sparckle when they are moving. leather bucket seats and enough hp to pull your wig off
    88 burban.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsiegalore View Post
    I just like a powerful car. One with some Giddy-up! I love my Vette! That is my girlie car! For work I have a 4x4 truck. All girls like a fast ride! My wife is a real leadfoot! She has always had a Mustang GT Convertible until last year. Now she has a Kia Sol.
    I have a V6 Mustang. Been told that V6 Stangs are girl's cars.
    I'm keeping it, and I'm not changing either.

The Unlucky
    This is an interesting thread. As a mechanic myself I think it's funny how a carefully crafted piece of metal, plastic and carpet can become a "manly" or "girly" car. I do however subscribe to the idea.

IMO Miata's are girly cars, as well as ALL VW's. Alot of "men" would agree with that. My SO loves Ford Explorer from a couple years ago(and not the horrible thing on wheels Ford claims is the new Explorer, everyone I know agrees it's ugly as sin, same with the Flex). She's also currently still in love with the Pontiac Sunfire. I've known lots of girls practically have an orgasm when they see a truck around here lifted to the sky with stupid large tires. My roommate actually stopped in traffic and was almost rearended because she was looking at one, didn't matter people were slamming on their brakes to try not to hit us and were screaming at her as they drove by. She kept screaming in her backwoods country accent "LOOKAT DAT SUPENSHUN! LOOKAT DAT SUPENSHUN!!.....she's a "good ol country girl"(and btw I DESPISE "country girls" but that's another topic). So it doesn't really matter what it is, people will find a way to make it "Manly" or "girly"

I personally drive a Pontiac G6 GT, my SO named it "Kelly" and we both love her.(yes it's a her, all cars are a "her" ever notice that?" She is deffently not stock and sounds pretty mean. She's got enough pep to get around but I still get 35+MPG on my way to work. She's "rated" for 26 MPG highway, but on flat ground I'll get that doing 85~90mph. Normal highway speed around here is 45mph(yes seriously) then I'll get at least 37 and at most 43mpg.

Hi there,
    This was my femme car and I loved it. It was my daughters originally and when she decided to change it for a more family friendly car, I had it. It was said at the time that I had it to try and return to my youth, but I knew the real reason. I loved it and although I never drove en femme, I always felt girly. Unfortunately it was not practical, my wife hated it, so it had to go.
    Christine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Happiness is not doing the things one likes to do, but liking the things one has to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackiefl View Post
    I beleive the car was built by dodge and called Le Fem.
    La Femme to be exact. It was an accessory package that consisted of special paint, interior fabrics and purse storage, and included a matching purse, raincoat, and other girly items. Very few were sold and they are quite collectable today.
    Cars designed specifically for females have never sold well, but one could consider it the ultimate anti-theft device!
    Actually I belive the La Femme was imported from France by Renault... Hence the prefix "Le", which they used on a few of their models. (Hence the LeCar)
    Beeing a Renault is more likey the reason for disamal sales, as anyone who's had experience with the LeCar, or the Encore/Aliance can surly atest to what a total POS they were.

MAZDA MITATTA.....
    In it's stock form, yea, it's a girly car, how ever, stuff a Ford 302 under the hood, and you have a beast on your hands! Ans as the Miatta was manufactured with Mazda under the Ford banner, 302 conversions are easy to come by.
    I also belive there's a company called "Monster Miatta" that you can buy the kit from, or buy a turn-key packackage from.

I have a 2004 YELLOW toyota celica, came with a diamond studded gear shift, definetly looks like a chick's car!!

[/QUOTE]MAZDA MITATTA.....
    In it's stock form, yea, it's a girly car, how ever, stuff a Ford 302 under the hood, and you have a beast on your hands! Ans as the Miatta was manufactured with Mazda under the Ford banner, 302 conversions are easy to come by.
    I also belive there's a company called "Monster Miatta" that you can buy the kit from, or buy a turn-key packackage from.[/QUOTE]

I got to drive a miata with a stock 302 in it. The car was like a top, mash the gas and the car would spin in circles.

You could also small block the fiero witch were alot of fun. they hooked up better than the miata cuz the motor is over the drives.

Like kellycd i also find it funny that cars are labbled manly or girly. I think the only thing that would make a car a mans car or a girls car is the paint job. for example my sister has a s10 we have been building for years that started out as a lowered all white truck. Now it is airbagged, body dropped, 4 linked with mini tubs and a healthy motor ( a little over 500hp to the wheels). Every time we would take it to the track for test and tune guys in the pits would come over to talk with me about how i have a sweet truck, as soon as i would tell them it is my sisters they would start hitting on her. Now the truck has pastle grafix very girly and when i took it to the track once with out her i was asked if my wife knew i was racing her truck. these guys were giving me a hard time until it ran a 10.007.

Quote Originally Posted by erintemp View Post
    pink and gray two tone with purple grafix splitting the two colors is what I an thinking. I would never beable to hide a car like that but I think it would be a truck.
    this sound perfict and not to femm but very classy