Thread: Would you stop to give a rock star a ride?

Would you stop to give a rock star a ride?

Okay, so I'm out dressed, dressing and driving and I see a hitch hiker up ahead. The couple in the car in front of me stop and pick up the hitch hiker and as I drive by I notice it is U2's Bono. So, what if it was I who picked up this rock star? Having recognized the star (actually, I'm not a big fan of Bono, but anyhow...) would you stop and give him a ride knowing that you might be discovered? Now, what if rock star gave you concert tickets, pulled you on stage and the media focused on you? Would it be worth it?
    Chickie

Wait a minute, back up... you saw Bono? Hitchhiking?

Honestly, even if the worst case scenario was being outed, I'd say that would be the coolest way to be outed, on stage at a rock concert...

Huh?... Bono? HItchhiking? Okaaaay...
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Life is what happens while you're making other plans

actually i believe the story, if u check the news wires a player for the edmonton oilers ended up giving him a ride when he saw him hitch hiking

Damn straight I would. I'd do it less than a heartbeat!

Sure I would give him a ride, but then I have no fear of his outing me, because I would not be at a Bono Concert! Now Willy Nelson might out me for giving him a ride, I would be at his show!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I had a (non-crossdressed) frightening experience picking up a hitch hiker on a road trip through AZ-TX back when I was in college and STUPID! He almost stole my car while I was inside the station paying for gas (yeh....it was many years ago). Thus, unfortunately, I would never again pick up a hitch hiker, no matter who he looked like. Could you really be sure the person was who he/she seemed to be or looked like in such an unexpected circumstance? Its just too bad that so many individuals have ruined the opportunity for one to be a good samaritan in todays society.

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    Bono, never. Don't care his way of politics and his music wears on me like music they called bubble gum at one time. Madonna never - x wifes cousin, yuk. Marshall Crenshaw ( small time fame, played Buddy Holly in a movie ) or his brothers - for sure. I grew up with them !

Quote Originally Posted by Loveday View Post
    Bono, never. Don't care his way of politics and his music wears on me like music they called bubble gum at one time. Madonna never - x wifes cousin, yuk. Marshall Crenshaw ( small time fame, played Buddy Holly in a movie ) or his brothers - for sure. I grew up with them !
    If only this site had a "LIKE" button like Facebook. LOL.. Of course, if I were to stop to offer Bono a ride, he probably wouldn't accept it because I drive a Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4 door with a V8 Magnum engine, so he would be pissed at the amount of fuel I consume in that truck.

I have stopped and picked up hitchhikers in the past and have always had "good luck" as it were. But, the odds of picking up a rock star are slim and none. Although, I would have to think of who they were whether or not I would pick them up while dressed.
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Reportedly a transient who resembles rock star "Bono" of U2 has been murdering people who pick him up. Film at 11:00.

P.S. The real Bono would have to be incredibly naive to do that. At the very least the movie "Misery" comes to mind.
    Last edited by Fab Karen; 06-03-2011 at 06:18 PM.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

The Unlucky
    A rock star? Yes. Country music star? Nope. Pop icon? Not a chance. Rapper? I'd hit him, back up and yell out my window "guess you ain't bling blinging now are ya?"

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyCD View Post
    A rock star? Yes. Country music star? Nope. Pop icon? Not a chance. Rapper? I'd hit him, back up and yell out my window "guess you ain't bling blinging now are ya?"
    What if it was some drove of 40 illegals in a mariachi band?
    Kelly, I love you

Now for me, would I give a ride? Well I don't know, I mean if it was like some rocker of the 80's who looked like a hot chick, like say some 80's person than probably. Would I be able to request a favor if he was wearing pretty stuff?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Funny thing I was listening to NHL Home Ice on Sirius and they told the story of an AHL or a nhl draft pick who picked up Bono and his publicist who were hitch hiking... in west Vancouver! Yesterday or day before yesterday. Lol. Bono is singing the praises of the young hockey player and his wife for picking him up!! You were the next car behind this up and coming hockey player and his wife!! Too cool!!

Here's the story - http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...frontman-bono/

And Go Canucks!!
    Last edited by Karren H; 06-03-2011 at 09:00 PM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I am not a big fan of Bono. If I was absolutely certain it was him then I might. However I probably would not be certain so its unlikely I would give any hitchhiker a ride.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

Rockstar?! hmm maybe an old school one like Mick Jagger, if his daughter were there too, you'd hear the brakes for miles!

Would definately stop for Rupaul though.. the chat would be amasing..

I..

This probably doesn't count, but several years ago (somewhere around 1984) I gave a ride to Neil Young ( as in Crosby, Still, Nash, and Young) to go pick up his car. The reason it doesn't count is he was not Hitchhiking and I wasn't dressed femm at the time. We where in Detroit at the time and he ask if I would take him over to pick up his rental car at a dealership. Super nice guy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sherry give Bono a ride? Sure, why not?! And then, he'd think she was pretty hot and ask her to drive him to his gig! Then, either being polite, or for OTHER reasons, invites her to accompany him back stage. While warming up, she starts movin' to his group's grovin' and he notices what a sensational dancer she is!

So, he says, "Come on out on stage with our other dancers. Hey, Eddie! Get this girl a leotard!" So, I DO!
    And, the show is broadcast live around the world and seen by billions of people!

Will I be seen and discovered by my family and friends as a CD? NOT A CHANCE! None of them would be watching a Bono concert!

THIS post is EXACTLY THE REASON WHY I gave up LSD and other mind altering substances!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It depends on how many "groupies" were with him. My car only seats 4 people (crowded at that!). So if there were three or more groupies with him, I am afraid he would have to wait for the next car. Ladies first...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well this is a true story, Bono was hitchhiking and was picked up. Would I do it, if dressed as the opposite sex at the time. Most unlikley.