Thread: time away

time away

Is it just me or do others go thought the same thing. I dont always have the erge to dress all the the time, but when I do it seems so natual and complete. I dont understand why the desire goes away sometime 1 to 8 months. I have like many others purged and though thats the end of dressing but to my dismay 3 months later im wanting to dress and expand my dressing to further heights. I know this will be with me for life and i have acepted it. Do any of you go throught the same feelings.

hello kate, i am brand new to this and already i have had to exercise restraint in how far i want to take this. i understand the general feeling although specifics may not match exactly the feeling is mutual

It goes in cycles. I'm not sure that anyone really understands why, though. I have gone for entire years without dressing. Sometimes it's a matter of opportunities to dress, other times it's considerations about work, family, money, etc. Sometimes it just seems to much of a bother to drag out the hardware and war paint to squeeze myself into a dress and cover up this 41 years of man. A lot of times I just don't think about it at all. Crossdressing, for me anyways, is a PART of my life, not the core of my life. I am defined by the soul in me, not by the clothing on me. At times, the soul in me is best reflected in skirts, blouses, silky underthings and a delicious pair of stylish heels. Other times it's my usual baggy jeans, the ten-year-old t-shirt my wife wishes I'd just throw out, and 6 days of beard stubble. I am always me regardless of the clothes and choosing panties or boxers is about equal to choosing my Star Wars shirt or my other Star Wars shirt. That's how I experience it anyways. Hope it helps in some way. Much love!
    “Crossdressing. Not Wrong. Crossdressing While Robbing a Bank. Wrong.” -Jessica Who

hiya kate,

It's just you. I would suggest checking into the closest mental health hospital.

jus' kiddn'...you can wait until tomorrow...

I was married for a lifetime...well, actually only three years (but it seemed like a lifetime...). I did not dress at all until we were in the final stages of our divorce.

I have never "purged" and likely never will. CDing is just one of many facets of my life. It surges and wanes just like the other aspects of my life.

I feel confident in suggesting that you have lots of friends here that can relate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm only able to dress on weekends, if my wife or I have plans to do anything than I may not get my chance to dress and have to wait another week or two or sometimes three until the next time I have to opportunity to dress again. If I had better opportunity I may get to feel the way you have, but some of us have to use the time we can schedule for our femme selves.

I didn't start dressing until my 30's but in the 20+ years since I've never lost the urge at all and whenever I get the opportunity I make the most of it. The desire to be totally femme whenever I can is stronger now than ever but if I go two or three weeks when I can't dress I just get on with my normal life without any frustration or "withdrawal symptoms". However when I do know I will have a couple of days coming up when I'm free to be the girl I love being the anticipation is almost agonising.

I have purged, I have "stopped this foolishness of wearing womens clothes" and walked away never to return. YEAH RIGHT!!!! well I am in the cycle boat with many here. When it comes back it is with a vengence. I take it further (if thats possible) every time. I know I will never stop, with this in mind I still purge, walk away, and expect to never return. I just hope I dont again because it gets expensive. Dress Barn aint cheap neither is MAC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Girly Zone.
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/Staci Grace

My urge subside when I've dressed to often. 2 - 3 days straight.. Full time.. More like too much of a good thing.... And its hard work so I think it borders on lazy! Except for the time it went away once for 6 months over the last 7 years, the urges is always there.. That time I had to force myself to start dressing again since the opportunity came up... Sometimes I don't dress for months and other times daily for a week or two...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I don't think this is odd at all. I know I have gone through cycles where I wanted to dress everyday and then the desire or need wears off for awhile. The only odd thing with me is that when I am living alone and have all the opportunity to dress at home all I want to, that I don't dress as often as when I am living with the woman I love. It's like the hormones must be in the air when I am around my SO and they infect me and make me need to dress more often. Like now, I am living with a female roommate while my SO is 1200 miles away. The roommate is a younger (41) woman that happens to be a knockout. She does not know about my crossdressing and we are not close enough for me to even think about telling her. I basically live in my bedroom while she is home. So I'm sure that the fear of her catching me has dampened my desire to dress too. But even on my days off while she is at work herself, I do not have that old desire to dress like when my SO and I were living together. So like many, the need, the urge, the desire seems to come and go based on circumstances.

Banned Read only
    I want to dress everyday, but being married to an undersatnding an accepting wife. I put limits on Tara, for the sake of my dear wife. But if I had my druthers, I'd dress everyday. Now it's about every other weekend.

Gold Member
    I think you will find this varies depending on the person. We all have our reasons for dressing and there is a lot of variance. I have heard (maybe here?) of one dresser that plans all year and does it once that year. And she apparently does it to the max. Others may never have the feeling subside. So you never know.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Try studying mathematical theories such as time travel thru different dimensions, black holes, and alternate universes! I think they r easier to understand than why and when we get the urges to dress!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I think of it like a roller coaster ride, I can dress for days on end, and never get tired of it, and then there has been times when it never crosses my mind, and I would never do it, for months, a couple times a few years. I have purged because after 6 months of no desire to dress, I declared myself "cured", a couple years latter when life slowed down a bit, It came back like a speeding freight train, BAM, and I was shopping spending all my spare energy thinking, and plotting the next shopping trip, going for style books and books on hair do's, then a few years latter things changed, and I lost interest again, Again, I had found the "cure", that time I went two years before it came back, if that darn "cure" comes knocking on my door again, I'm not going to answer, I'm just too damn old to start over again!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I completely understand. For me the desire to dress is much more intense around Halloween time.My guess is because it more accepted during that time. Throughout the rest of the year though it kind of comes and goes. I might go most of the year without dressing then again if the opportunity presents itself I might do it fairly often.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987