Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate your passability and what you need help with

It depends on the circumstances. I've been called Ma'am and I've been called pervert. Even most drag queens don't really pass if you look closely. But I don't think that is what is what we are about. I believe we are about the freedom of expressing ourselves as who we are. The laws are on our side in most states, and hopefully we'll be included in ENDA, but our real challnge is the everyday people we encounter. I've seen crossdressers (who I don't think pass) going about everyday business without challenge. Passing is the grail of cding, and safety is of paramount importance, but let us be the best we can, as who we are.

DeeDee

Banned Read only
    sometimes I pass when im not even in girl mode. when im in boy mode, i think a good portion of people actually think im a girl trying to be a guy

i've been going out in public for two years now, and i've never had so much as an awkward glance, let alone actual verbal harassment or anything like that, anywhere Ive been. so id like to say I pass well enough that it makes me forget about trying to be a fake guy im sure ive been clocked before but when you come to love yourself, what society thinks of you doesnt really matter. so I dont let it hold me back.

I just need to finish losing my weight, muscle, and finish growing out my hair. I think i'll be much better 10 months from now

Well quite possibly if looks were all that mattered. I could use better breast forms, and perhaps some hip and rear padding. But the rest of me, my voice, and movement are a pretty dead give away...at least I think so. I do move more gracefully than many males, but I am clumsy compared to many women.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

I would rate myself a 1. My posture and the way I walk would be a dead giveaway even before I opened my mouth to speak.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Miller View Post
    Walmart ….. 7
    That's so funny!! At walmart I think everyone is a 10. Have you ever seen the "people of walmart" pictures? As long as you aren't a fashion faux pas nobody cares.

Quote Originally Posted by silhouette View Post
    Well karren, i disagree with your binary thinking here.
    Here's why - when i've gone out dressed a couple of times now, and I'll get hollered at from cars.. or checked out by guys... but then when they get a little closer I'll hear "oh shit it's a guy!" lmao.

Soooo.. I think there is something as passing from a distance ;p
    I don't think they would have sounded shocked that i was a guy if they didn't think i was a girl before they got closer.

Also I am reeeally tall, especially in heels where i am like 6'9" so that's kinda funny but girls can be tall too.
    I think it's probably more common to see a really tall girl out in public than a cd

Don't forget to add velocity to the equation.... The faster you go in relation to the viewer, the more passable you are?
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Gold Member
    Do I pass? Not on your life. But I shoot for the blend goal. I know people will clock me, I just want most of them who aren't paying attention to walk on by and for those that look, the best being someone going "was that a ....". A little doubt buys you enough time to get out of earshot. Keeps the self confidence up that way.

Not so new of a girl Missy Tanya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Passing is like swimming... You either can or you can't.. Being 90% able to swim still means your going to drown if you go into the water!! Lol That said... I don't pass, imho and I don't care... As long as I look good and people don't harass me, I'm happy to go out enfemme..
    That's great, just how I feel.. And I never had a bad experience going out and about. I guess I'm better at dressing pretty than swimming.. And many, many years ago I had a Life Guard Cert.

Tanya

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Don't forget to add velocity to the equation.... The faster you go in relation to the viewer, the more passable you are?
    Hmm, there is a limit. I've never been 100% sure of someone being a CDer in public and I certainly wouldn't even think of asking, but a couple of the ladies who have tweaked my CD meter have done so by the speed at which they were shopping. Women don't dart through a clothing store. They pause and browse the merchandise. I'd say that walking too fast is a very good way to get read.

In my case, it's pretty tough. I'm at the 99th percentile for women's height. Given good makeup and a flattering and blending outfit I could probably pass a casual walk-by at 20 feet, but anything closer and I don't know if I could hold the illusion together for long.

Still, check out the GGs around us. There are a lot of GGs that have a masculine quality or even several qualities. Despite these, they have no trouble passing because they are GGs and don't give a thought to passing. The attitude carries the day.

I present, for your consideration, Carmen Miranda:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I've never tried to pass, ( or even fully dress ) but if I did, I think, with professional makeup help, ( a lot of it ) and careful dressing, careful walking, and keeping my mouth SHUT, I could pass. As a fairly average older woman. ( at best )

I'd like to try it sometimes, just to see what I could achieve, but it's not something that really interests me. If I'd thought to do it 25 years ago ( and 60 pounds ago ) I think I could have come up with something fairly attractive, which I would have been more interested in.

These days, if I won the lottery, I'd go all out on trying to be more ...beautiful? as a male.

Living Dead Girl Schatten Lupus's Avatar
    In all reality, my passability is a zero. I say this because if you are to look at me straight in the face you will see at least a beard a shadow, even if I have just finished shaving. I have been ma'amed several times but never from a front view when someone has seen my face, and really if your face is 100% male, then there is no true since of passing. The reason my hand is covering the lower part of my face in my profile picture, and you really can't see my face in my avatar.0
    Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein

i would only rate myself a 5 or 6 on passability... i need to work on voice, getting a wig, and mannerisms..

frankly i don't care if i pass... i am happy to go out enfemme..

If I were posing with a WNBA team that were in their formal attire, I'd blend in and pass just fine.

On a regular basis, I stick out a bit more. However if I were to transition completley, I think I would pass. Most people would be pretty taken back by my height, but I'm pretty thin for being 6'5'' (195 lbs). I think confidence has an important factor. Other things which can be changed like facial hair and body hair, even changing voice pitch and not having to wear a wig and using light foundation, I would be able to blend in then even with my height.

Then again, I could be dreaming!

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    I also don't get offended if people think I look like a CD passing as a woman. It's whatever, really.
    Well the GG's are greatly outnumbered on this site, so people here naturally just assume the average person is a t-girl. So don't blame them if they say "Wow! She's Gorgeous!" ;-)

I'll point out though, that someone who "looks like a cd passing as a woman" is an oxymoron.

I think that passing is for the most part circumstantial. On average I'd rate myself 6 on bad days, and 8 on my best days. Here's a few things I've noticed:

I tend to pass more at a distance (of course)
    I tend to pass more on photo than in video, and more in video than in person (of course)
    I tend to get read more by other African Americans.
    I tend to get pass more in nightclubs.

I would probably pass more if I were on hormones, had an actual weave or extensions instead of a wig, and had my ears pierced.

With the perfect makeup and clothes 5 maybe? My shoulders, nose, and voice give it away. I hope I can blend sometime...thats a start.

i honestly have no idea

but last time i went out in public i got hit on three times in a row by guys with in 10 minutes :P

was at a gay club so im not sure that counts : \

I really don't know, I really like to think that I pass. I'm 5'4" and weigh 120 lbs. Being thin, I have curves and I keep my legs feminine.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    So my question is how passable are you
    On a scale from 1 to 10, I'd say 0 may be a 1 on a good day.
    and what are the things that you need help with?
    Just about everything but there are some things that just can't be helped... big man hands for example.
    Maybe we can all help each other out with a few tips to achieve our goals and boost our confidence.
    As I said can't hope to increase on the pass meter but may be someday I can be comfortable enough with myself to go out.

I don't pass, Don't care if I do, but better makeup skills would surely make me feel better about myself.

Hi.

Quite interesting ,

I dont need to pass because im a woman. how i look or as seen is another matter. as my friends have said tho may not apply to many of you here is , any way it may .

We come in all shapes & sizes we dont all look the same . we are just different so is there a set way that we should all look . no of cause not .
    Now i accept & know most here would look better than i as to passing very much so.

i think we all live in the real world of people . you know work club's group's, & so on. i know what you'r getting at , its a affermation of do i blend in , do i fit in . well im involved with 100' s of people if i get 5 out of every 100 who cant accept me then i ether pass or im accepted for who i am. & i dont in my eye's pass yet i do in my own way so as a woman i do. so , as my pic is of me you can say if i do or not.

...noeleena...

Silver Member
    I also disagree with the swimming analogy. I think our audience and how well we put ourselves together on any given day inpacts our rating. I can "blend" in an audience that doesn't have a real interest in the particulars of those around them, ie the mall (no teen girls present), supermarket, target Walmart...Quite the opposite when the audience is aware of those around them. Generally, if I do my own makeup a 6. Pro makeup done. 7.5 to 8. I do agree with Karren about just not wanting to get hassled. That is what I call "blendable". Where we go is a huge factor in meeting the hassle-free goal. I swim (0% and float the other 10,

Quote Originally Posted by Violetgray View Post
    Well the GG's are greatly outnumbered on this site, so people here naturally just assume the average person is a t-girl. So don't blame them if they say "Wow! She's Gorgeous!" ;-)

I'll point out though, that someone who "looks like a cd passing as a woman" is an oxymoron.
    haha it IS totally oxymoronic. You have to live inside my head before I can make sense sometimes. Anyway, what I should have said was that it doesn't bother me if people say I look like a passable CD (or not passable, for that matter). I think it's hard for GGs to even live up to the expectations that you set for yourselves. And, as far as I have seen on this site, GGs are almost always judged for their shortcomings...especially the way GGs dress and act "nowadays."

p.s. You look quite "passable" in your avatar. If you weren't on this site, I'd assume you were a GG.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

well. Assuming a spent enough money (quality breast forms and wig , makeup done professionally ) I would said maybe an 8 to 8.5 .. I am not tall (only about 5'6) not that heavy either. However if I didnt do all that I would say maybe a 5 or 6.
    As I get older though I care less and less about what other people think.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

I'd love to find out. I think I could look good. Passing? Not sure about that. My 5 O'clock shawdow would need a hot close shave and a foundation and whatever else they put on. I'm fairly thin, and not too tall at five-nine. With the right clothes, I'd like to think I'd look like a 7.

I'm 5-8 and 193 and droping. Down 25 lbs in just the past three months since joining and seeing all these girls here. I will most likely always be in the "no passing" zone, but at a distance, I think I'm probably a 3 for 10 being GG. For that matter, I've run into some GGs that don't "pass" very well. But I keep trying. I think that with a few more tweeks and a few less lbs, I'm ready for the great outdoors and actually do a shopping run en fem....

Renne.....
    Attached Images Attached Images