Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rate your passability and what you need help with

Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    Well Shananigans when I went to that CD gathering, I was the tallest, and the one I was chatting with the most was "I had no idea how tall you are". LOL. Yes I was in heels, and I was tall. Didn't matter cause yes there are some tall women out there, and they are gorgeous too.
    Fact: The average height of a runway model is 5'9"-6'0"...without heels. Cindy Crawford is 5'10." Long legs look great in heels and clothes generally hang great on you.

So, yeah, what's the problem with being tall? I don't see any.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

I think we need to move away from the concept of passability (meaning being mistaken for female) and look more towards presentation. By that, I mean that we take the time to present ourselves in a manner that is confident, well constructed (outfit coordinated and seasonal), and with a smile and an openness to the world. It does not matter whether you pass as female but that the world sees you as a well put together transgendered person, no matter what size or shape you are.

I would like to be able to be 6 inches shorter.. but thats not happening so I have to go out as a tall woman over 60

Heck, I don't know..but small towns make it harder coz everybody knows your name!! Cheers!! (now mind your own business!!)

But pre wig i'd say 0... Now my wig has arrived a non speaking me maybe a 5.5.. If i had someone do a make up job, possibly a 7... dunno..
    You be the judge, I put some pics up in my what completes you thread...

I..

Probably 4-5 : I'm 175cm (5ft 9in), which is tall for a female but I'm roughly the same height as mose girls my age here in town. The main thing is I had a bulky build and makeup is tricky for me (the wig is not the best, but it's the least of my worries.

Last year I had people I knew walk pass when I was en femme and they were like "Hi" [two-second pause] "Hey, what the hell?"
    Jeremy Corbett: "News this week - the wedding of the century. We all knew it was just a matter of time, and finally, the day is here."
    [Paul Ego and Dai Henwood walk out dressed as bride and groom respectively]
    Paul Ego: "I'm only doing this because I'm pregnant."

Two of my loves combined: New Zealand current affairs comedy game show 7 Days, and crossdressing.

one life, one chance Jessica =]'s Avatar
    Jeremy Corbett: "News this week - the wedding of the century. We all knew it was just a matter of time, and finally, the day is here."
    [Paul Ego and Dai Henwood walk out dressed as bride and groom respectively]
    Paul Ego: "I'm only doing this because I'm pregnant."

Two of my loves combined: New Zealand current affairs comedy game show 7 Days, and crossdressing.

i know this has nothing to do with the thread and for that im sorry but AWESOME! i love those things too! ur the first person from this forum ive seen thats from NZ, im from Napier. we should catch up some time.
    Last edited by Daintre; 06-09-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Phone numbers cannot be displayed on the forum

Aspiring Member
    I'm 5'10" and weigh 225. I wear a size 20. But I have a full head of thick wavy hair and my lips are full. My fat neck hides my Adams apple. Because of these things and my age (61) I can pass whenever I want to. The other day I was in the checkout line at our Aldi grocery store. The line was long and I was at the end of it. A lady opened another register and a shopper near her started to get in line. As I pushed my cart over, the shopper said to the checkout lady, " Take her first, she has been waiting in line and I just got here." I was wearing jeans, men's shoes, and a pullover shirt. Now, my hair is fem but I wasn't trying to pass. People see what they expect to see. I need help with my voice though. My picture is posted on my personal page if you want to take a look. Leanne

one life, one chance Jessica =]'s Avatar
    also so far id say im about a 5 or 6 but i have always had no confidence...but see for urselves, i have a post in the picture and video forum, under 'first time in something other than lingerie'. let me know what u think. im still waiting for a wig but im rating myself on head down atm, im sure once i get a wig the rating will go down quite a lot as makeup, earings etc will come into it and i really have no idea what im doing atm. im still a baby when it comes to this. but im so keen to learn so if anyone has any advise please let me know! i really want to get out there in the outside world and strut my stuff as the real lady i am!

ive been told my body is passable but when it comes to my face its the nose and jawline that gives me up . I will post a few pics soon and see if you agree or have tips

Luv Ya All
    Rhi

I'm going to sound like an egomaniac, but my passability is at 9/10, with the voice needing work. Mind you, my voice is fine, but I need more practice time with it to improve my intonations and maybe doing better pitch shifting.

Michigan, SE and Michigan Upper Lower Penn./ just under the bridge like a troll
    I'm either 5'8" or 5" 11" depends on the doctor you ask, yea - they are suppose to be the smarter ones ! I probably do not pass at all since I really cannot do makeup but I do keep practicing. I weigh 198 lbs. My gut is one of my bigger problems but it just does not seem to go away. I just keep losing weight from my skinny rump. As far as my voice, I seem to pass at the McDonalds drive thru when getting a diet cola along the interstate. That is all I know and where I am at presently. I just look forward to growing more.

If I said 100% I would be telling a small porkie pie. Anybody in the Stoke on Trent area willling to help me to look more presentable???
    Anna x

Guy in Skirts and Heels notquitegirl's Avatar
    0 out of 10, because I don't go for passing. I go for looking put together and confident in a skirt (or a dress) and heels as a man.

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexine View Post
    I'm going to sound like an egomaniac, but my passability is at 9/10, with the voice needing work. Mind you, my voice is fine, but I need more practice time with it to improve my intonations and maybe doing better pitch shifting.
    I'd have to agree. Definitely a 9/10. Thats something I love about being Asian. Now if I could only cover up this giant bump in my throat.
    Last edited by Briana90802; 08-14-2011 at 04:52 AM.

when it comes to passing I think I'll pass.

why is this important? First of all, so few males pass as females it is ridiculous. Even transsexuals don't always fit the passability test. Second, if you don't want anyone to notice you, wear jeans and a sweatshirt
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    when it comes to passing I think I'll pass.

why is this important? First of all, so few males pass as females it is ridiculous. Even transsexuals don't always fit the passability test.
    And that's the subtle truth of the matter, isn't it. Thank you.

Veronica
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Second, if you don't want anyone to notice you, wear jeans and a sweatshirt
    Anytime I want to be out and not advertise I am a CD that is exactly what I wear.

Nice feminine stylish jeans a top with some form of sleeve to hide my upper arms and shoulders with appropriate shoes for the season Not heels

As to Why is it important?
    "If anything is worth doing its worth doing right"
    Thats just the way I am

Join Date Nov 2010 Southern Michele's Avatar
    Karen is right as usual. What was the old song, "Don't Worry, Be Happy"? If Karen can't pass, then why should the rest of us worry? The ladys on this site that seem the most admired (Karen and TX Kimberly) don't seem to sweat the small stuff. I just received a new "accessory" that makes me feel pretty good but why should I worry if "The People of Walmart" are out for a photo shoot? Most of us don't need to go out to enjoy ourselves. "Don't Worry, Be Happy".

I don´t pass as a woman. Rate me in 0 or 1. When I go out dresseed I only try to have the best posible presentation.

I live full time as 'Marie' with no problems to date. I think I pass fairly well unless someone gets too close. Even my voice doesn't usually give me away thanks to th "Changing Keys" voice training provided by the Trans Health Program here. I do get 'read', though, but it doesn't seem to matter much here in Vancouver.
    On a related note, I had a nice experience today. I was perusing the hosiery section in my usual supermarket (trying to find where hey had hidden the 'trouser socks' - behind the 'knee highs', Grrr!). A shelf stock clerk wanted to get by me with a dolly of merchandise. He said "Excuse me, ma'am" and then looked at me closer and corrected himself by saying (wait for it) "Excuse me, miss".
    He'll never know how close he got to a transgendered kiss! I'm 61.
    Last edited by MarieInTAS; 06-13-2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Correcting typo

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Passability: 0, unless imaginary numbers are allowed, then it would be -37i.

Need help with: new body, new face, new personality.

Yeah, it's a good thing I'd a casual CD, I think.

I went out in public for halloween a few years ago, dressed as a rocker girl, and I would probably been a 3 to 5 on passing, I actually have a butt compared to a lot of guys, plus I was 5 9 or 510 at 160 and now im 511 at 170. So Idk what I am anymore :S...but I'm getting a makeover soon

Well, since I am one of those dirty 'closeted" crossdressers, I have no idea. I would probably say about a 4 out of 10 due to the following reasons:
    5'10"
    300 lbs
    shoulders like an NFL lineman, and
    a voice that would make Barry White sound like a church mouse

Banned Read only
    I'd say 2/10, maybe 3/10 at best on a good day with a dark moonless night. From the shoulders down would work with no problem. However, above the shoulders is a different story and would require major professional help and $$$ to even have a shot...

Quote Originally Posted by MariaOfCalifornia View Post
    Passability: 0, unless imaginary numbers are allowed, then it would be -37i.

Need help with: new body, new face, new personality.

Yeah, it's a good thing I'd a casual CD, I think.
    oh yes, it's true. me too. so sad.
    concerning the size i am 5.8 but as a woman i would like to be about 5.1/5.2