Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Painted Toes...Samdals

Painted Toes...Samdals

Got a Pedi yesterday. I selected Fusha Frost, my favorite color. I always wear sandals either in guy mode or in my Adrogynous dress style. Question, what should I do to hide my toes while wearing sandals or should I hide them at all. How do you think people would react to a guy with painted toes. Maby I should have saved ny $ 30.00 and forgot the Pedi.

You got the pedi because you wanted it. When you had it done you knew you wear sandals in male mode and knew others will see it. enjoy your polish it really is not that much of a big deal.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

I wear sandals showing off my pedi. Usually wear blue or maroon, most of my friends are used to it. Still, I am selective where I show them. Have fun and enjoy your pretty toes.

I say if you went through the trouble to get a pedi, then by golly show those toes proudly. The heck what anyone thinks. After all who's toes are they anyhow??

bobbie sue
    Hi Gril do not hide them at all I don"t I am proud of who I am an you should to are you a GRIL or a MOUSE

If you can wear your head high, then let those toes shine, if not, it's OK to be a mouse, and just wear the sandals at home for a couple weeks, then don't polish until fall. It's all really about your comfort level.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I like you used to get concerned about what others would think because I am a sandal wearer as well. However, a couple of years ago, I decided that it is my life and those are my toes. I proudly wear them polished wherever I go and the vast majority of the time when the weather is nice it is in sandals. Enjoy the pedicure and polish and it's never too late to start thinking about what color to go with next!

If you like it thats all that really matters. I can say if I spent $30 on a pedi I would want to show it off.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

the happy camper
    Since I started wearing my sandals this spring, I decided that I wasn't going to hide my nail polish. So far, only a few people have commented. My best friend, who knows I'm a CD, complimented them one night while my wife and I were at his house for dinner. His wife chimed in, and we had a brief conversation about colors, maintenance, etc. A lady that I game with noticed them just this past Sunday when she looked under the table to retrieve a die. We had a conversation that went like this:

Her: Why are you toes blue?

Me: Cause I like them like that.

Her: Did you have a pedicure?

Me: No, I did them myself. All those years of painting D&D figures had to be good for something.

Her: Okay... (Facetiously.) Well, they look faaa-bulous.

Me: (Cheerfully.) Thanks, I'm glad you like them!

Her husband was also at the table. No huge reaction from him.

The next comment was from my sister-in-law later that same evening. She was showing me a piece of bling on her keychain, and happened to look down.

SIL: You have blue toenails...

Me: Yeah! Don't they look cool?

SIL: Actually, it's kinda spooky.

Me: (Laughing.) Oh! Spooky, eh? I could chase you around the house with them. (Waving my foot at her, and using a scary voice.) OoooOOOooooo!

She laughed, and we went back to talking about her bling, but I think she left here doubting my sanity. Oh well.

I'm sure other people have noticed and just chosen not to say anything. They're going to think what they want to think, and I'm going to do what I want to do. I'm not going to forgo having my toenails painted, and I'm not going to waste the effort by hiding them inside a pair of socks.

My Daughter painted my toes a couple weeks ago, Sally Hansen “Grape Expectations”. The color is sort of subdued and doesn’t jump out at you but it doesn’t take much of a look to see that the toenails are sporting some color. A neighbor from around the circle was walking her dog and my Daughter went out to see the dog. When she stayed and talked I went out, barefoot, to see what was going on. The neighbor at one point squatted down by her dog, and my feet, and there is no way she didn’t see my toes. Nothing was said, which in some ways is a little disappointing; I was expecting some reaction, “I like your toes”, or “Gee, your toes are painted”, or “Why would a man have painted toes?” But nothing?
    Babs

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie86 View Post
    I'm sure other people have noticed and just chosen not to say anything. They're going to think what they want to think, and I'm going to do what I want to do. I'm not going to forgo having my toenails painted, and I'm not going to waste the effort by hiding them inside a pair of socks.
    Omg yes!!! I feel the exact same way. Plus....my toes are just tooo cute to not get them painted lol!
    "Dance as though no one is watching you. Love as though you have never been hurt before. Sing as though no one can hear you. Live as though heaven is on earth"

I've had painted toenails for several years - usually a dark raspberry color - and wear sandals all summer in "guy" mode. Yesterday, a couple of friends (married couple) were at my house. I was wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and sandals. Neither one said a word, there were no awkward silences, and the sky didn't fall. A little paint doesn't change who you are.

Paint 'em Black, Goth Style, and then, if anyone asks, tell them you dropped an anvil on your toes and all the nails turned black and are going to fall off.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Don't u HATE IT that u can't go back and modify/correct thread titles?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Tori Spelling's husband had his toes painted in US magazine back last fall. He didn't try to hide them but had them on display. He looked very masculine. Billie Jean.

the happy camper
    This might help. Fast forward to 9:05.

Just tell people that you did it for Cameron Diaz.

I can only tell you what I do. I wear polish on my toes and fingers all the time. I use Sarah Smile which is one of the Deborah Lippmann Celebrity Shades. It's not the "loudest", but definitely noticeable. It gets noticed whether in guy or girl mode and I enjoy the attention. I wear girly sandals at Starbucks very frequently, showing off my toes. If it bothers someone, it's their problem. Conforming to gender expectations has never felt right to me.

I've been wearing painted toes for 2 months with women's flats sandals... not a word from anyone and I love it.

Before I went 24/7 I painted my toes, or rather my wife did them for me. I was also a sandal wearer in male mode and really didn't care if anyone noticed. Not many ever said anything negative. If I heard anything at all it was "I like your toes" and stuff like that. All from women!!. I can remember a couple of negative responses. On guy came up and asked me "why are your toes painted" My only response was "why aren't yours?". I also remember one older lady following me around a Walmart looking at my feet. Finally I asked her "is there something you would like to ask me?". She said very sheepishly "Yes who did your nails? They are just lovely?" I gave her my wife"s card, thanked her for the compliment and moved on. She is a client of my wife"s still. I don't think most people care so just show those pretty toes.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I was strolling through the mall today and glanced into a nail salon. It was a slow day and there was only one customer. It was a strappin' big gentleman sporting a beard and mustache, wearing a shirt with name patch like a mechanic might wear. He was getting a pedicure and the foot that was finished had almost the same shade as shown in Michelle' .sig line! I doubt that he was going to stuff those pretty toes into a pair of shoes anytime soon!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I have been getting my fingers and toes done for many years! My toes are always a very bright shade of red, and I do wear sandals whenever possible!! Oh Yes, my toes are there for everyone to see!! They are my toes, and I can have them any color I want!! You are a person just like I am, and you detirmine what color your toes are, not some guy on the street!! In all the years I have been wearing polished toe nails I have never had a negative remark made! I have had compliments on the color!! LOL!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I love to paint mine pink and wear sandals too, but only when I'm in girl mode...I totally respect those who are liberated enough not to give a damn what people think, but your question suggests that you are concerned about what people might say, so why not have some fun with it by telling them "my wife/girlfriend begged me to let her do it, and the sex was fantastic" or if that's too over the top, "my daughter/niece begged me to let her do it, and I couldn't say no to her"

If somebody asks me, my answer is "my girlfriend painted them because I'm her bitch." Works for me.

I love nail polish, but I haven't yet had the courage to go boldly into sandal season. I did notice, however, that the polish and shaved legs in my avatar looked mighty inviting when I posted something a day or so ago. (I've been gone a while, as it's been the busy season at work.)

Did my normal routine today, except for a stop at the O'Riley auto parts. So here I stood in line wearing short shorts, thong wedge heel sandals, and painted toes, toe ring with a anklet. I got several looks from the "Good Ol Boys"..but not a word was said......