Thread: Crossdressing frustration, oppression and anxiety

Crossdressing frustration, oppression and anxiety

This is a tough time of year for me right now. The best time of the year to CD. The weather warming up to wear sundresses, tube tops. To bathe outside, to ride my bicycle around the park, to go shopping - to at least live part time as a woman. Here it is Pride weekend also (in Albuquerque).
    Yet balancing things. The wife is home, finished her job for the school year yesterday, clothes are hidden in the basement and won't get a chance to dress up and really get out there for another 10 days. Most of the year i can dress up, in late June-late July I can but this what seems like the best time I can't so I'm feeling the frustration and oppression that many of you post about - about having your CDing restricted. I realize a lot of it we put on ourselves but it's tough, when you have to balance your first job in three years, your wife at home for a while and you're not used to it. This kind of stuff leads to frustration, anxiety and even insomnia at night. It has been a tough time. Other closeted and semi closeted crossdressers I feel your pain.

Have you thought about discussing crossdressing with your wife? Stress is coming from the conflict between your need to dress and your desire to keep it hidden. Something's got to give.

I agree, the best option is probably to talk to your wife about it. Do you know how she might react? Even if she doesn't approve you might be able to compromise on some boundaries to let you dress a little bit.

Hi Aleca. I hope you can find a way to discuss it with your wife so that you can experience the freedom to be yourself. I kept my interests to myself for a long time but realized that my wife was the type of woman that would be supportive and not feel threatened by it so it made it possible for me to tell her. Once I did she was completely fine with it and its opened up a new way for us to communicate with each other. Good luck and I hope you can find a way to be content
    Jennifer

Totally agree you should make an attemt to speak to you wife. What ever you do I would not try to take her to any of the Pride events. I have seen a few here and the only part of crossdressing I see represented are IN YOU FACE Drag queens. Also events as this while great for openly gay individuals would certainly make your wife question your reasons.

It sounds temporary, make plans for when life returns to normal, after all, 10 days is no worse than having family for vacation, at first it can be fun, then tiring, then it's over!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I'm with the, "get on with it crowd."

Have you no "people skills" at all with your own wife? Here you have the Pride Parade, which is like Halloween in June, and you can't even talk you way to the Parade... And, then into a walk down the street, to a cool music venue to a night of "out and about"?

Stop squawking and start talking!