Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Painted Toes...Samdals

Awesome. Always dreamt of doing that one day.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Yeah, go ahead and wear it with pride, there plenty of comebacks for those who can't help but open their mouths and show their stupidity.

But if ultimately it is too nervewracking for you, just tone the color down next time. There are plenty of lighter pink and creme or beige colors with very tiny sparklies in it that don't jump out but still look femimine.

It is not that unusual for men to use toenail polish. Regular men wear colors typical of cars, usually darker and not too saturated. For example, brown, maroon, black, silver. Some colors look good for both genders, like a dark blue or maroon. Pick one of those colors, and you won't stand out too much dressed male. As your "straight" friends get used to it, you can get more adventurous in your color choices.
    Juno Michelle Krahn

Normal people are weird. Stealth is another word for "in the closet".

I've kept my toes painted (usually red) for at least 25 years now, and can count the number of comments I've received about them on one hand. And, every single one of those was a compliment. As with many other things, most people don't notice, most that notice don't disapprove, and most who disapprove won't actually say anything.

- Diane

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    I agree with the majority here. If you are willing to pay the $30 for the pedi than you should be proud to show off their work and your toes! My feeling is (just got another pedi this week) if I'm spending the $$$ I want to get my money's worth and that includes a nice color. Been walking around malls the past 2 days and can say no one has noticed. And if they do, they most likely will not say anything. I love getting pedis......

If anyone asks why you have painted nails, just say because you like them. No need for excuses or hiding, if anybody actually cares they'd applaud you for being secure enough with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VioletJourney View Post
    If anyone asks why you have painted nails, just say because you like them. No need for excuses or hiding, if anybody actually cares they'd applaud you for being secure enough with yourself.
    I completely agree with Violet. I went to my pedicure appointment today and am wearing OPI Dutch Tulips on my toes. It is a very pretty bright red with pink undertones. Whenever I am not at work and am in my normal drab fem-guy mode, I always wear women's open toe sandals to show-off my pedicure. I have bee wearing polish openly for about 5 years and it is just part of who I am. Everyone knows that I have red toenails like a girl. When I first started wearing nail polish on my toes, I went with more guy colors like blue and black, but I soon got tired of them because I really wanted to have red toenails. I finally made-up my mind that I was going to have feminine red toenails. Nothing will make you feel more fem than looking down and seeing 10 pretty bright red toenails in your fem sandals. It is really a wonderful and liberating experience to openly wear nail polish on your toes. I have received many compliments on my toenail polish from women and three of the women from the church that I attend have started going to my nail tech because they were so impressed with my red toenails and the quality of the pedicures. Also, since most of my friends are women and they get regular pedicures, it is really fun to compare toe colors and discuss nail polish and nail designs.

I suggest that you get a professional pedicure and go for the polish that you want to wear. If you want to wear bright red or hot pink on your toes, then go for it! Also, be very proud of your pedicure and get our there and show-off your pretty toes in women's sandals, or at least in sandals that are very androgynous. You will get a lot of compliments from women. I need to give you one word of warning: Pedicures can be very addictive. The foot massage is so heavenly and relaxing and it is wonderful to have someone perfectly polish your toes in a bright fem color. Once you start getting pedicures, you will be proudly wearing open-toe sandals everywhere and going back to the nail salon maybe even as much as several times per month. It is a wonderful indulgence, but unlike various other indulgences, it is healthy and will make you proud to display your feet in sandals.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.