Thread: Painted Toes...Samdals

Painted Toes...Samdals

For those of you who keep polish on your toes, do you make any effort in hidding your toes if you wear sandals while in male mode?. I normally wear socks with sandals but my wife commented on how "Dorky" that looked so the socks came off and now my toes are in plain view showing the Fushia Frost from my last pedi. And as you have heard before either no one notices or no one cares.......

I agree with your wife that it looks "dorky" to wear socks with sandals. A friend/customer of mine wears socks with sandals but he is kinda strange anyway.
    Danielle

This is not something I had thought about until this weekend! I normally weear sandals all summer but this is my first summer since my mini "coming out" and I wear polish on my toes all the time. I cannot really show my toes due to my job and I am staying at my mother's house on vacation (she does not know yet) so I have some decisions to make.
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

Aspiring Member
    I have a hard time showing off my painted toenails in male mode and everyone has to make the decision to show off or not to show off. It is a little bit like when you first get your ears pierced, once someone sees them, you might get some questions you might not be prepared to answer. Answering the questions is the hard part, not showing off your toenails. If you are prepared to faced with questions you may be asked by your mother's house, by all means, show them off!

Before you start dialing the fashion police...

Since the skin on my feet isn't as durable as it used to be walking very far wearing sandals risks painful blisters from the straps, even with those sandals with padded and adjustable straps. In male mode at home I wear socks with some clogs that resemble Crocs (but without the holes and heel strap). Away from the house I usually wear loafers or budget brand athletic shoes.

I just had a pedi with my GF. We did our toes the same color and yesterday at the pride festival we received several comments on our matching toes. In that venue it was great to show off our toes, in regular society, probably not so much. I like my toes painted it's kind of fun and when not dressed I can look at them and still feel like I'm dressed. In the summer the only thing I wear is flip flops. I work from my house and spend a lot of time on our boat. I've worn a very light pink before and no one has said anything (probably didn't see it) but now my toes are a deep sparkly blue so they are a little harder to hide. I'm thinking about getting some crocs so I can keep them painted without hassles from the general public.
    Don't be a drag, just be a queen

Hi Amber,

I don't know why you would receive hassles from the public. They are your toes and you can have them painted any color you like. I live in So Cal and have red toenails year round and get a lot of compliments. My toes are always on display in sandals.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber_Lynn View Post
    I just had a pedi with my GF. We did our toes the same color and yesterday at the pride festival we received several comments on our matching toes. In that venue it was great to show off our toes, in regular society, probably not so much. I like my toes painted it's kind of fun and when not dressed I can look at them and still feel like I'm dressed. In the summer the only thing I wear is flip flops. I work from my house and spend a lot of time on our boat. I've worn a very light pink before and no one has said anything (probably didn't see it) but now my toes are a deep sparkly blue so they are a little harder to hide. I'm thinking about getting some crocs so I can keep them painted without hassles from the general public.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Wearing Sandals and socks would attract far more funny looks than painted toes imo LOL,sorry to generalise but you can usually spot an American tourist over here,from their sandals and knee high white (or worse grey or patterned socks)

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

My toes have a clear or transparent pink polish on them all summer long and I wear shorts and sandals every day. If someone asks I tell them I am fighting a toenail fungus and have split nails.. So far this year no one has asked. IO save the bright dark colors for the cold months.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Well, I've worn white anklets with my sandals occasionally until I recently realized that does look kind of "dorky". Figured I could get away w/it as an older guy and never had any comments/stares but now proud to go "sockless" in my sandals. Someday I hope to be like Jamie and wear sandals with bright red nails though Texas may not be as receptive as California.....

I keep clear polish on my toes all the time. I haven't worn sandals with any colors yet. I was going to Saturday night but my outing got canceled due to unforseen problems. Billie Jean

Keep them polished year around and now that I am retired I wear sandels 80% of the time. I have only had good comments or long looks. But I do live in SoCal.

Heck no I don't hide my toes in male mode! This country girl aint hiden nothin' in no mode!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I agree with Cynthia Anne. There really isn't any reason to hide your toes in male mode. For example, look at all of the people displaying a lot of tats. They don't attempt to hide the tats and they don't care about your opinion. It is their body and they can do what they want with it. It is the same with nail polish and you don't have to limit yourself on the colors that you can wear on your toes. If you want to have bright red or hot pink toes, then go for it and proudly display them in women's sandals. It is very liberating to allow yourself this freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    Heck no I don't hide my toes in male mode! This country girl aint hiden nothin' in no mode!
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.