Thread: Compliment on my legs

Compliment on my legs

I'm a letter carrier and today I was working overtime on a different route.
    I was waiting to cross this busy street and noticed this tall black lady walking on the sidewalk toward me. I wasn't really paying attention to her and starting crossing the street. She says "Wow your job really tones your legs." (My legs or my best feature, they are shaven and tan.) I looked back at her and realized from her voice that she wasn't a woman. She was either a CD or transgendered. She was wearing a simple tee shirt and jeans. She was very passable. I replied that 35 years on the job will do that for you. I should of replied, "You should see them with strappy heels and a mini skirt."

That's cute! I use to get compliments on my legs, but that's another story! Perhaps you can do that route again! Could become a nice friendship! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Those unexpected compliments sure make the day for us. Congratulations and maybe next time you will remember to respond with what you wanted to say this time. Thanks for sharing.

that's really nice coming from another transgendered or CD
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

That was a nice interaction, and perhaps your response was perfect for the situation.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

the happy camper
    Quote Originally Posted by APRIL0401 View Post
    She says "Wow your job really tones your legs." (My legs or my best feature, they are shaven and tan.)
    Are they shaved? Maybe she noticed that, and thought she could get a conversation going that would lead to you saying, "You should see them with strappy heels and a mini skirt."

I do like to get such compliments. I would imagine being a mail carrier would tone your legs quite well.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.