Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being The Man Without A Beard

Question Being The Man Without A Beard

Hi,

For those of you who have had permanent beard removal but still live part of your lives as male, how has it affected your life? The positives for girl mode are obvious, but what are the negatives for boy mode? Has being The Man Without A Beard (not even stubble) caused you any grief?
    Last edited by shapeshifter; 06-15-2011 at 12:41 AM.

D.C. is not the backwoods, so I have to wonder where this question comes from. Tons of men without beards out there.
    [SIZE="3"]Gender is a state of mind[/SIZE]
    LGBTQ PRIDE
    As of Oct. 5th, go here to see my pics:http://www.flickr.com/people/fab_karen/
    A Yankee Doodle T-Girl
    proud of my President

I've never liked facial hair, even when there was no girl mode.

Quote Originally Posted by VioletJourney View Post
    I've never liked facial hair, even when there was no girl mode.
    Wow I so agree with this. I have hated facial and body hair long before Bethany ever showed up, and I still do. Some day I will get it permenately removed.
    One day your life is going to pass before your eye's, Make sure it is worth watching.

Eddie Izzard said it best "I am an action tranvestite".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bethanyannstratford/

I definitely wouldn't want facial hair even if I'd never heard of women's clothes. Getting rid of it permanently would be a total non-event for me in either gender.

- Diane

Aspiring Member
    I'm about 80% clear now and no one seems to notice. My family may have a clue, but no one has said anything. I work with some guys who seem to have fairer,less hairy faces than I.

Drawbacks? Well I guess I can't expect to live in Iran or Afghanistan! Seriously, the only true drawback is that it looks a bit odd if you can't shave and you have some patches of hair that are still to be treated.

If someone questions me on anything of a personal nature, I am confident I can shut them down quickly and effectively.
    Last edited by Sheren Kelly; 06-15-2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: phraseology
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I guess I really am the odd one! I do not have an actual beard, only because I never let it get to that stage! But I am a man, and therefore do have whiskers!! I do not shave everyday, since I am not currently working. But I do go out every day dressed enfemme, but with no wig and no makeup. Just a guy in a skirt who has whiskers on his face!! Nobody ever says a thing!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

One time I didn't shave for two months to see how much hair would grow on my face and it was a patch work of hair and bare skin. I can grow a moustach (sp) but not much else. No side burns, nothing on the checks, just on the upper lip and some on the chin.

So... no.. no problem, no grief. Just can't grow beard even if I wanted to.

I would love not to have to shave! I can't see how there could be any drawbacks for me! Just one step closer to who I am!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    My wife never cared for my beard when I had one, and if I missed shaving for a day, I wasn't to expect any kisses.

Now that I keep myself fairly clean shaven (though I sometimes let it go on weekends)... my wife tells me she likes me to have facial hair, and has more than once specifically asked that I not get my facial hair removed. Guess I should'a got it done back when she was disliking it...

But other than that, no issue. Where I work, it is beards that are in the clear minority. My family certainly doesn't push me to have facial hair.. though that might be because I went through the beard and mustache phase when I was about 16-20, so they already know how weak it looks on me.

I could grow a decent beard and mustache before electrolysis. I had about 60% clearance to get rid of the shadow, but haven't gone further. Can't grow a decent beard, mustache anymore. So forget about growing a playoff beard in support of any team. And I had to beg off participanting with friends in Movember mustache growing charity event. My excuse was that I'm one of those Asian that don't have much in the way facial hair.
    If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.

I so wish I had no facial hair. Shaving is a complete pain in the a$$! I have 5 o'clock shadow in less than two hours, and it makes my makeup look terrible!

Well, I have had a beard longer than not!
    I haven't had one in seven years though.
    If possible, I would have every hair that isn't needed, like eyebrows and lashes, removed permanently!
    When I had a beard and my hair was halfway down my back, people who had never seen me before called me ZZ top!

Seriously, don't sweat it a bit. The process for beard removal takes so dang long that nobody will notice what's going on with your stubble, or no stubble.
    -Sedona

when I was 13, I hated all of my body hair, the beard, I found was useful in make me appear older, and because I wasn't allowed to pursue my femininity I gave up on my appearance, what's the point, but lately I've started pursing my femininity trying to feel and be beautiful, experimenting with my look, and even doing laser hair removal, but my Mom and my best friends even co-workers don't want me to lose the beard, they say it looked good on me, I hate to disappoint, but I don't want to be trapped by other people desired for my appearance either, and as a result I have similar concerns that the OP has. I need a backbone to stand up for myself.

I am with Violet, I never liked facial hair and I cannot wait to get back to the states to start electolysis. It is the first to go (after a test patch).
    I'M FREE, I'M FREE! I GET TO BE ME!

I have always had facial hair and really prefer it. It only gets shaved off once in a blue moon, and I have only shaved it once to go totally en femme.

I have never liked facial hair and even before puberty I dreaded the day I would have to start shaving. I've been shaving for roughly 55 years and I figure on average I probably shaved 261 days a year (I think that might be a bit low but what the heck), that's 14,355 shaves. Figuring an average time of 30 minutes, that's 430,650 minutes or 299 days spent shaving. That's almost a whole year out of my life spent shaving, spent doing something I hate doing, what a pita.

I wish there was a quick and relatively affordable way to get rid of it. Mine is predominantly gray and laser won't work, electrolysis can take a couple years and is too expensive for my SS income - I suppose laser would end as being too expensive as well. Shoot, I just 5ran my hand across my face and I need a shave.
    Babs

I have had 90% of my beard removed (the last 10% is very stubborn). I have not had any problems. All my life my beard has been thin and I could NEVER grow a decent beard of mustache. So removal has made my life easier. Less beard = less shaving (at least less of shaving my face).
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erickka View Post
    I so wish I had no facial hair. Shaving is a complete pain in the a$$! I have 5 o'clock shadow in less than two hours, and it makes my makeup look terrible!
    I can relate to that,im happiest with my look in the hour after putting my makeup on,after that it grows with a vengeance ,first thing in my bag If im out dressed for any long period of time is my shaver (not very ladylike )

I know the (some) ladies love a bit of designer stubble,but to me it looks unkempt,they even manufacture shavers designed for stubble these days

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

The problem is that I never have to worry about getting shaving rash, or cutting myself, or feeling embarrassed, or spending money on razors and creams.

Most men are clean-shaven. It is not caveman time anymore!
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Truth, Love, Freedom Angiemead12's Avatar
    i still have a beard as it keeps the wife happy but I so want to laser the damn thing off!

When I was younger I had the macho thing going on - beard, mustache. But got tiered of it quick. Lazered everything about 14 years ago and haven't looked back. It's great. Absolutly knowbody has eveer said anything. Another plus is that it helped to close up the pores so it made the skin smoother. I think even if there wasn't any girl mode for me, I would still do it for the sheer convienence of it.

I definitely want to laser it off or whatever needs to be done to get rid of it.My wife would'nt care and i have hated it since it started growing.

For other people saying anything i don't think they care i always say at work i would laser it off in a heartbeat and people never say anything about it and they don't suspect me being a cd. I would do my chest also and i have said i shave it to and not a bad comment at all.

I think the only way anyone would ever notice if you were on a camping trip and couldnt shave for a few days and still had no stubble. I have not done any hair removal other than shaving but I want to and have never allowed any facial hair to stick around.