Thread: Living Dangerously

Living Dangerously

Going swimming in the hotel pool in a woman's swimsuit...laying out in the midday sun, smoking Virginia Slims and oiling your legs with Hawaiian Tropic Deep tanning oil SPF 4...coming home with tanlines from your skirtini...

I strongly oppose those in the psychiatric community who categorize crossdressing as a mental disorder, but in my case they may be onto something
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not your typical girl Lissa Stevens's Avatar
    To hell with them. You and I and millions of others like us no that there is nothing wrong with us mentally. I'm crazy but it has nothing to do with my TG status.
    [SIZE="2"]Melissa[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]I'm still standin'
    Better than I ever did
    Lookin' like a true survivor
    Feeling like a little kid
    [/SIZE]

You may be crazy! But you're not insane by far! At least you know how to have fun! Tell me, were those Virginia Slims 120's by any chance?>Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    You are not crazy or insane! You are just very smart, and good looking in your skirtini!!

I just ordered a new skirtini to go with the 2 that I already have! I have been swimming and sunbathing in the ones that I have, and expect to do the same in the new one. I think they are great to wear!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I am so jealous. We were supposed to do that yesterday until I let some little thing like underarm hair get in my way. You look good and that pool really looks refreshing. Thanks for a great game of golf yesterday (not for me!). Today I played a lot better and am much happier. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by windycissy View Post
    I strongly oppose those in the psychiatric community who categorize crossdressing as a mental disorder, but in my case they may be onto something
    As a passionate psychology student I feel compelled to point out that it's not up to individuals to determine that, it's the DSM-IV It is all-knowing and all-powerful, the holy text of psychology!

There's nothing wrong with taking advantage of a hobby that gives you an adrenaline rush from something as mundane as hanging out at the pool!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nonsense, Cissy! There's absolutely NO PROOF that sun or tobacco cause cancer! Just some unfounded, silly, left wing, internet rumors! REAL MEN, and WOMEN, say, "Poo poo", and live their lives to the fullest!

That they may end prematurely and very painfully is NOT important!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Didn't the DSM-IV get eddited to where CDing was no longer a mental disorder? Oh man, I hope it did, otherwise I will have to quit. The FAA may use that against me. Hopefully it is not a psychosis.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    Didn't the DSM-IV get eddited to where CDing was no longer a mental disorder? Oh man, I hope it did, otherwise I will have to quit. The FAA may use that against me. Hopefully it is not a psychosis.
    It lists Transvestic fetishism as a paraphilia and Gender Identity Disorder. Nothing for the "mainstream" CDs though.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Well, that IS good news!

Does smoking Virgina Slims or any other cigarette make you feminine or stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
    Point taken, but I'm living for the moment, paying Mother Nature back for the cruel trick she played on me...if I die young, maybe I'll come back as a woman, and if I beat the odds and they wheel me into the nursing home with nothing but my memories, thanks to the gift of crossdressing, there will be no regrets

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
    Maybe makes you just smelly, yuck!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"paraphilia"
    wazzat?

I guess I can fall under mainstream...even though I am not. There is little mainstream about this being.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pythos View Post
    "paraphilia"
    wazzat?

I guess I can fall under mainstream...even though I am not. There is little mainstream about this being.
    It's the fancy psych word for fetish. If you don't dress for the sexual thrill and you don't identify with the opposite gender, then you're not covered by the DSM-IV